DWC2 2017 - 2019

On 10/16/2017 at 3:07 PM, Niro said:

Sent payment.

Will be entering a pair of Iron Heart PIH5DCT (25 oz indigo/indigo). There's a few people going with this pair.

I still have a choice between bybeatle and IH 21-s

seems like everyone is keen on watching these Bybeatle fade

I’ve been wanting a new pair of jeans to rotate with my Left Fields so this is perfect! Do I need my pair by Nov. 1st if I register today?

Any possibility of getting in on a pair of the UHR 888s still?

Edited by itschrisb

I'm normally one to lurk in the wings and not post much

* However *

Over the summer, it came time to retire my favorite daily denims.  So last week I was pulling some Kuroki Mills 18.5 oz. denim off the shelf and revamping my patterns a bit.  I got the yardage three years ago for some of my regular bespoke clients, sold most of it but saved the last three yards for myself.  Also last week, I noticed this contest thread.  It will be a little out of the norm for me but I thought, if it's not too daft, it might be fun to enter the contest with them.

Here's the Denim:  

I love the perfectly regular tufts every four inches where the shuttles were replaced.  No doubt they're so close together because the yarns are HUGE.  The fabric gets its high weight not from being super densely woven but rather those ginormous yarns.  As a result it has a surprisingly supple hand.  I'm kinda hoping that will mean a little less darning the crotch back together over time.

IMG_0644.jpg

I took a picture of the Kuroki denim over some 14 oz. Kurabo Mills denim so you can see the difference in the yarn size.

IMG_0645.jpg

I finished all the cutting this evening.  All ready to sew.

IMG_0675.JPG

Edited by Jorge Pantalones

So, I’m low in funds and have troubles choosing which jeans to order. Can I pay the fee and order, say a pair from tcb directly (I’d like the masters chain stitch for something this prestigious) and get pics up once I get the jeans?

3 hours ago, Megatron1505 said:

Nothing planned this time dude, this contest is as simple as it comes. Wear your jeans for the chance to win money, all good.

I can appreciate that!

Nope, the only list I have is with every contestants "real" name on it (taken from their PayPal payments), so I don't think that's something I should share online.