DWC2 2017 - 2019

IMG_1506.JPG.4f1a9c93c48bb7ba64b1c5d0e09cf0f6.JPG

As the current DWC has drawn to a close there have been the inevitable questions from all over the cyberspace, which I occupy, as to whether there will be another contest for 2017 – 2019. Today I am pleased to make the announcement that there will be, and confirm a few details about what to expect.

The theme of the latest DWC will be “back to basics”, meaning we’re going to scrap everything from the previous contests and make this one as accessible to everyone as it possibly can be, this means…

• Any brand or style of jeans can enter.
  • There will be no weight categories, just one contest fits all.
  • All entered jeans must have only 30 wears or less on day 1 of the contest.
  • Speaking of day 1, the contest will begin on 01/11/17 and run for the standard 24 months to 01/11/19.
  • The contest will be purely forum based, on both Superfuture and the Iron Heart forum only.
  • Registration is open now, and will close 31/10/17.
  • Registration fee for the contest will be a flat $20, payable via Paypal to [email protected] .
  • Upon registration you will be issued an entry number to validate your participation.
  • The entry fee will be used to purchase prizes from our favourite brands and retailers for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
  • Prizes will be announced as soon as possible after registration is complete.
  • Once again we have something quite special planned with our friends at Iron Heart for contest jeans.
  • Our judging panel is currently TBD.

So that is all for now, we’re looking forward to setting off on another denim journey with you all again soon.

Regards,

Mega

DWC.jpg

Edited by Megatron1505

I'm just curious how you think the last comp was not assesable to all ?

"Back to basics" is such an apropos theme for my [probably] last denim contest.  Seems it has come to a full circle, as I have decided  to select an entry from my old stash for this competition.

'Tripped through the wires [i.e., #japaneseselvedge ] about a decade ago ... & these are some that has kept me indulged since ... SDA 15oz, Warehouse Memphis, Momo CopperLabel, & Sugarcane 50/50. 

IMG_1977.JPG

Edited by BrownMetallic

On 5/29/2017 at 8:22 AM, Megatron1505 said:

Honestly, this collab is by far my favourite yet. As always though the coice is yours :D

@Megatron1505 - can you share any info about this? Is the collab pair going to be the new IH cut with some super-special unique denim? 

On 5/30/2017 at 0:41 PM, BrownMetallic said:

"Back to basics" is such an apropos theme for my [probably] last denim contest.  Seems it has come to a full circle, as I have decided  to select an entry from my old stash for this competition.

'Tripped through the wires [i.e., #japaneseselvedge ] about a decade ago ... & these are some that has kept me indulged since ... SDA 15oz, Warehouse Memphis, Momo CopperLabel, & Sugarcane 50/50. 

66CC3ADC-FD60-427D-942E-E710927A2FEF.jpg

Would love to see the Okinawas get a go. :D

Unless something comes along before November that catches my eye, planning on going with these. Grabbed a second pair of '76s after getting 30% off and selling off three old pairs of jeans.

IMG_1220.JPG

12 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Would love to see the Okinawas get a go. :D

10 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

Oki would be nice although the 2 years span is really a good time frame to let express those SDA their full potential, just thinking...

Originally considering the G014mb for the cut, w/c is similar to the EW-0110. Also, curious how the CopperLabel denim evo on a pair of jeans ... since I'm liking the ataris  on the denim jacket.

But, as of right now, I haven't even decided if I'm going for the vintage or high contrast route.

Here's what I'd like to go for if I decide for a less contrasty option:

IMG_1974.JPG

Edited by BrownMetallic

1 hour ago, Niro said:

If only I could stick to wearing one pair of jeans for 2 years

I'm with you. I can't even go 6 months in one pair. I have a pair of the IH 18oz vintage fabric in the 634 cut that have been hanging up in my closet since February that I'm strongly considering entering but I don't want to neglect all my other pairs!

^Exactly!

Always kept S/S & F/W rotation all through the denim contests I've participated at ... w/c was prolly the main reason I did not win any:D ... but, the spirit of competition w/ like-minded folks is what's precious.

Edited by BrownMetallic

yea i'm a habitual rotater.

I might still enter, got months to think about it. Probably would go with Iron Heart PIH5DCT, which I was planning to wear from November through to March anyway.