Jump to content
danii

ᴬ c ᴳ [ALL CONDITIONS GEAR]

Recommended Posts

My KMTR will be here today, I also received the FW tech fleece sweatpants on Saturday ($60 yo) and the olive cargos on Friday ($150 yo) 

 

the KMTR is exactly how I expected it to be  lightweight, soft, and supremely cozy. I took an 11.5 in them, I wear a 12 in flyknit racers and an 11 in sock darts. The buckle takes some getting used to to close it while the shoe is on, and the small strings to tighten the shoes are great. If they would do these with a thicker dry skin esque material I'd probably jizz a little.

 

i sized up on the cargos from my first pair, L to XL, and I gotta say the cut is way different. Not as aggressively tapered, and much longer. The thighs and waist are about the same as the large. I threw them in the wash on high heat and dried the same and they lost a lot of the length. The fabric is way heavier, but less breathable and the stretch isn't as noticeable  

 

The tech fleece sweats are GIANT. I could probably fit a medium. Super drop crotch, and just slightly too long to be a cropped fit. I'll keep these and try and grab some smaller sizes just to try. I know now not to buy the wovens in this size now. 

IMG_2886.JPG

IMG_2887.JPG

Edited by akuma no uta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quick impressions

hoodie kinda sucks. i didnt have much interest in it before. there is no way this is worth the retail price. the hem started "curling" up right out of the plastic bag. the body fits normal but the arms are extremely long and tight. the snap button on the neck seems flimsy as well. easily going back.

cargos i was most excited about. fit is very voluminous. drop croutch. doesnt seem alot heavier than the last round of cargo pants. less stretch though. not much of a taper. will have to size down but it seems they sold out on nike.

shoes are okay for the price. no real complaints minus the string looking a bit cheap. i purchased tts and .5 down and i preferred the tts.

shameless plug. if anyone wants either the black kmtr in 10 or xl black cargos for retail +shipping+paypal fees let me know. i'll be returning tomorrow.

returned

Edited by Kamikaze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First impressions of the cargos; been wearing them the past few days, really really like them so far. Fit is pretty roomy and went with s this time around (I read a nike size chart before buying, see my first page post for sizing dilemma). The waist sits pretty high for appropriate placement of the zipper fly, so there is definitely a little bit of crop for my shortish legs. Fabric is heavier as noted, but doesn't hinder movement or feel heavy when wearing them, so I'm not that mad about it. My one complaint is that the hand pockets aren't that good at holding things when you sit down, but the cargo pocket placement mostly makes up for that. Also the right cargo pocket has a little cord port hidden behind a flap, but it doesn't seem that practical, curious as to why it got placed there/was included at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the cap through today just because i was curious. It feels like such a cheap novelty item to me - almost like a fancy dress item or something out of a christmas cracker...each to their own I guess :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got the acg shirt jacket. i got a small and it fits slightly long. ton of deep pockets and water beads off. over all, good buy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shifty said:

First impressions of the cargos; been wearing them the past few days, really really like them so far. Fit is pretty roomy and went with s this time around (I read a nike size chart before buying, see my first page post for sizing dilemma). The waist sits pretty high for appropriate placement of the zipper fly, so there is definitely a little bit of crop for my shortish legs. Fabric is heavier as noted, but doesn't hinder movement or feel heavy when wearing them, so I'm not that mad about it. My one complaint is that the hand pockets aren't that good at holding things when you sit down, but the cargo pocket placement mostly makes up for that. Also the right cargo pocket has a little cord port hidden behind a flap, but it doesn't seem that practical, curious as to why it got placed there/was included at all.

The pull tab/cord can be placed through this slit for a cleaner look.  Think beach to restaurant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was anyone able to cop a hat? I've been foaming at the mouth for them to drop and it's like they had 10 in stock... This was a bitter L to take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CountZatara said:

Was anyone able to cop a hat? I've been foaming at the mouth for them to drop and it's like they had 10 in stock... This was a bitter L to take.

Edit: Which hat? Bucket or cap? I got both.

 

Edited by vir2L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im so blown.  waited all day for the hat and didn't get it....did they set a release time or something? jeese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 99103 said:

im so blown.  waited all day for the hat and didn't get it....did they set a release time or something? jeese

No, but it went live at 1:30 PM EST, sold out at 1:32 PM.

 

Edited by vir2L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you interested in purchasing a pair of ACG pants from seasons past on eBay or second-hand, note that certain pants have different fabric compositions and fabric weights. From what I can tell, the cut is slightly different with a bigger taper on the blue (I think the Nike term is "Obsidian") and with different aglets on the drawstring. Not sure if the Obsidian pants have the super-deep pockets. Doesn't feel like it. (Please note on the OD pair the drawstrings are pulled out because of me- that is not how they should come) 

Olive Drab pants are 97% polyester, and 3 percent spandex. 

Obsidian pants are 74% cotton, 24% wool, and 2% spandex. Also feel lighter than the OD pair. 

vzCCHRZ.jpg
 

Edited by limeaide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Can confirm the difference in weight and taper between the first cargo and second run. Your obsidian here came out in the AW15 season while the green came out alongside alpine jacket during AW16. 

In addition to the material feeling slightly different. , There is the addition of mesh in the front two pockets for the aw16 model as well as a slight degree more articulated than the first model. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone comment on the long term comfort of the KMTR? As compared to boost? I'm on my feet 8+hours a day, so comfort is everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, indunno said:

Can anyone comment on the long term comfort of the KMTR? As compared to boost? I'm on my feet 8+hours a day, so comfort is everything.

I would say the comfort is about 6ish out of 10.   I sized down .5 and feel like I should have went a full size down. I have a friend who went TTS and he says his feet are killing him by the end of the day. 

IMO if you can nail the size, the comfort would be creeping up to about 7-8 out of 10 if you take Boost as a 10 out of 10.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Goober

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-5-28 at 6:22 AM, indunno said:

Can anyone comment on the long term comfort of the KMTR? As compared to boost? I'm on my feet 8+hours a day, so comfort is everything.

I've only worn mine once, but no way near as comfortable as boost. They're fine, but not great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2017 at 1:22 PM, indunno said:

Can anyone comment on the long term comfort of the KMTR? As compared to boost? I'm on my feet 8+hours a day, so comfort is everything.

No comparison, the KMTRs are a lot more rigid. It's more of a put-on-and-go for a quick outing kind of shoe than anything (i.e. beaters)

In terms of comfort, Nike has absolutely nothing in their lineup that can hold a candle to Adidas' boost. Especially if the shoe in question is the EQT Support Future 93/17. (EQT > Ultra Boost > Yeezy Boost/NMD)

I've owned my fair share of shoes from both brands and I just recently sold my Vapormaxes because I got tired of it squeaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is actually NIKE KoMuTeR a response to ADIDAS NoMaD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

vapormax squeaks?! @vir2L was this on certain surfaces or just in general everything? crap really bugs me. was looking to pick up the olive once they get dropped may pass on these if this is the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, scamster said:

vapormax squeaks?! @vir2L was this on certain surfaces or just in general everything? crap really bugs me. was looking to pick up the olive once they get dropped may pass on these if this is the case.

I sent mine back too cause of this. I wasn't sure if it was just the way my feet/walking style are but it was embarrassing walking down the street as they were making a right racket. Great shoe in every other respect imo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have vapormaxes, they are definitely squeaky but that has gone away after a couple of wears. YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just picked these up off grailed. Anybody have any idea what collection these were from? I don't remember there being a cool grey woven pant, especially one with black panels, but these appear to be just that. I am thinking of trying to dye these to the RAF green shade of olive that acronym uses, does anyone have any experience dying the ACG DWR cotton?

 

3D19CD3D9ED342409BBE4E48903420CA.jpg

5AC6885C81464F29B99DA6CDED353D25.jpg

A83ECC6E4FEC48838FA4E31E6367C5BF.jpg

BC073F3D9AC84090AF8FC9296C03371C.jpg

5873F05246D849E49D55FA61C2C51FA7.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had professionaly dyed black epic jacket to blacker, the DWR still worked after the dye. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used Rit Dye to turn my pairs of season 1 cargos to a shade far close to true black. Also overdyed my green pair from last season in an attempt

to approximate Acronym RAF with less success. Still better than that hideous Nike green tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Cornuto said:

I used Rit Dye to turn my pairs of season 1 cargos to a shade far close to true black. Also overdyed my green pair from last season in an attempt

to approximate Acronym RAF with less success. Still better than that hideous Nike green tho.

I was thinking I'd use a mixture of black, green, tan, and brown. I emailed the Rit dye folks asking for a color formula and they gave me navy and kelly green, but that just seems way off from what I want. Got any pictures of how yours turned out? I'd love to see how that green pair took the dye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres a dedicated page on the Rit Dye site w formulas for various colors. I modified the Moss Green recipe (vintage colors) w a little less green/more brown & black.

I'll try to remember to snap some pix when i get back from lake house vacation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

re: SS17 stuff. Cargos are great, they definitely fit big in the thigh and pretty long unless you hike them up. I've been rolling the leg openings up a few times and wearing them lower on my waist so there's more of a drop crotch/crop going on. I'm a true 32-33, 190cm and got size M and I think it's a good fit. Ordered both the black and beige, but returned the beige. The black details really pop against the beige, though, so I still think it's a pretty cool piece. The cap is definitely a weird piece, since the neck cover doesn't actually detach, but it's not that hard to flip it up and under the crown. I also ordered the shirt jacket but ended up returning it because the button-up is a little wonky-feeling to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got the cargos in black. Was worried they'd be way too big - size L and I'm usually 32" waist. They work, especially after being used to fucking huge p-23's. the belt loops are also pretty big too which is good for cobra belts. They are also one of the few pants that work well with DAF-1's. Any ide what the draw string on the cargo pockets are for?

 

Edited by barto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is black actual black this time around or still that ultra-dark navy?

 

On 2017-6-2 at 11:53 AM, cbhorsetice said:

re: SS17 stuff. Cargos are great, they definitely fit big in the thigh and pretty long unless you hike them up. I've been rolling the leg openings up a few times and wearing them lower on my waist so there's more of a drop crotch/crop going on. I'm a true 32-33, 190cm and got size M and I think it's a good fit

would you say they're cropped or regular length on a 190cm frame?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, barto said:

Just got the cargos in black. Was worried they'd be way too big - size L and I'm usually 32" waist. They work, especially after being used to fucking huge p-23's. the belt loops are also pretty big too which is good for cobra belts. They are also one of the few pants that work well with DAF-1's. Any ide what the draw string on the cargo pockets are for?

 

i agree on working well with the daf1. slightly baggy but not too crazy. i went with a large but i feel like i could've went medium no problems. i'm 5'10-'11ish

i think the cargo strings are to bring in the thigh area a little more? not too sure myself.

im assuming for 190cm they would be slightly cropped

Edited by Kamikaze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Brand - 125 x 125