ᴬ c ᴳ [ALL CONDITIONS GEAR]

danii

7 minutes ago, mariahscarry said:

yes, i read that as well. I'm def 100% down for these :0

Not too sure if I’m sold yet. I like the shorts and compression sleeves more than the cargos... But an opportunity has popped up to buy last years cargo’s for retail... 

Interesting. Unisex stuff is always tagged as such and shows up under both sexes. The cargos are clearly labeled women's only and there is no listing

for a men's version. Wonder if Nike changed their mind post interview?

The new cargo pant pulls from this same versatile philosophy, with articulated legs for freedom of movement, expandable cargo pockets with zipper and snap closures, and a functional zippered fly. But wearers will notice another detail: there is only one pant silhouette for both men and women in this collection.

At first, I also thought this meant the pants were unisex but now that I'm reading it again, it seems like they're just pointing out there's one pant for each gender

6 hours ago, denpa said:

At first, I also thought this meant the pants were unisex but now that I'm reading it again, it seems like they're just pointing out there's one pant for each gender

i could honestly care less though if something is marked as men's or women's. If i enjoy the design, I'm going to find the size that fits me and def cop.

Anyone planning on copping anything? The pants this collection are pretty forgettable, the shorts and compression sleeves are cool imo but idk if  I can justify the price. Wanna see what FW18 brings.

Edited by jpmags

8 hours ago, Inkinsurgent said:

previous collection wasn't for me but it was an interesting divergence from the acrnm aesthetic. this just looks like some of those asian knockoffs with too many zippers.

I feel like a lot of ACG pieces come off as looking cheap, especially this season and last. The obnoxious branding all over certainly doesn’t help. Items still sell out though so what do I know.

3 hours ago, wexler said:

I feel like a lot of ACG pieces come off as looking cheap, especially this season and last. The obnoxious branding all over certainly doesn’t help. Items still sell out though so what do I know.

yeah back in the day the acg aesthetic was deliberately garish branding. then the first couple of seasons erlsn turned that into weird big but subdued military-ish markings which was interesting, but now we're apparently back to garish.

22 hours ago, AvantSol said:

I like the obnoxious ACG branding hahah I just don't like when the nike logo is just as big 

On some pieces it’s done much better than others for sure i.e. placement, size, number. Others appear to have the logos just slapped on in random locations and orientations which I’m not a fan of. 

Posted a few pics of this in the WDYWT thread, but wanted to say here that I really love the women's jacket from the new collection. It's short in the body (this is a Small and I'm 5'9") but I actually really like the proportion of it. The most interesting details are unfortunately a bit cumbersome; namely the detached sleeves and  the overlapping front pocket, but overall I'm  really stoked about it. It's a relief to find something that fits and that I'm excited about after several Acronym misfits in a row.

More pics here https://imgur.com/a/xZLhlDI

DSC04088.thumb.jpg.9bfffd8943c07d0c43b1f5704b9e2e20.jpg

Edited by HeckHouse
added gallery

58 minutes ago, HeckHouse said:

Posted a few pics of this in the WDYWT thread, but wanted to say here that I really love the women's jacket from the new collection. It's short in the body (this is a Small and I'm 5'9") but I actually really like the proportion of it. The most interesting details are unfortunately a bit cumbersome; namely the detached sleeves and  the overlapping front pocket, but overall I'm  really stoked about it. It's a relief to find something that fits and that I'm excited about after several Acronym misfits in a row.

yeah this looks awesome, are you not digging the detachable sleeves? For someone who lives in warmer weather, I thought this would be an awesome feature for a rain coat like this.

1 hour ago, mariahscarry said:

yeah this looks awesome, are you not digging the detachable sleeves? For someone who lives in warmer weather, I thought this would be an awesome feature for a rain coat like this.

The problem isn't that they are detachable, it's that they are detached. They don't fix to the jacket. So if you take it off, you've also got to take off the sleeves and store them, and when you put the jacket back on, the sleeves go on too. I'm willing to put up with it because I typically leave my jackets on all day, but it's a pretty high price to pay for the flexibility and layered look. 

On 5/25/2018 at 12:00 AM, HeckHouse said:

Looks great. How's the back of the jacket tho? Does it flare out too much? I'm surprised it's a size small though. You didn't need to size up more for the shoulders?

6 hours ago, Aquaphor said:

Looks great. How's the back of the jacket tho? Does it flare out too much? I'm surprised it's a size small though. You didn't need to size up more for the shoulders?

It doesn't really flare, but it is shorter in the back. It's pretty roomy in the body and up through the shoulders, so that wasn't an issue, and I've got pretty broad shoulders compared to my general frame.

DSC04090.thumb.jpg.d9c6979a74ceea733a3dae3b1c699827.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Another addition to the Nike collection, this time sponsored by a fat Bodega sale. While not ACG, I can't really think of a better place to put this.

This is NikeLab's Tiger Stripe Parka, a 3 layer waterproof fishtail parka. It's sized quite generously- I'm floating in a medium, whereas I normally float between XL and Large items. It features some Acronym-esque features, like the jacket sling and some magnetic closing outer pockets. Build quality seems to be on par with most Nike items, and the seam jobs are reminiscent of my ACG pants. The jacket sling is really an attempt, it doesn't have the same system as ACR jackets. I imagine this is due to patenting more than anything. But, it works.

No testing of waterproofing yet. It's currently 109F at the moment, with no moisture in sight. I probably wouldn't have bought the jacket if it wasn't at almost half off- definitely not worth the premium. 

No photos right now, but it's pretty much as you'd expect. Can't get Lightroom to function at the moment. 

Edited by limeaide

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, pompadork said:

Some mad hyperbole in the replies but rip

Errolson said one more season (so I guess earlier reports of fw17 being its last season were just a year too soon), but overall it is a bummer. The only consolation i would take from it is if nike releases the acg cargos in their latest revised form in different colors, im less into the direction the shells took

I would have bought soooooo much more of E’s ACG if it didn’t have the constant ACG logo/typeset bs all over it. Really not a fan. I’m sure it wasn’t by his design, but it really kills it for me. 

Edited by brainerd666
I’m Cayce-like in my disdain for logo btw. Shit rubs me raw. It’s why I always fuck up the swoosh on my new Nike’s.