DWC - Final Submissions Thread

Megatron1505

Regardless of the level of participation, @setterman is numero uno (my opinion, obviously). I'm a fan of less contrasty fades (his are on the higher end of what I'd consider "moderate" contrast considering the number of washes), and to be fair, his tracks and roping are better. The hand repairs and rips add a personal touch, and you can tell this bloke's been doing some serious leg-crossing. Not to mention, the fact that the red tab is destroyed looks cool.

I'm not hating on any of the winners, but I just thought he was going to win.

On 7/24/2017 at 3:28 PM, BigSugar said:

Setterman, your participation was laudable, no doubt. I hear what you are saying with regards to my infrequent posting. I do not recall what was said at the beginning, but regardless I personally abhor excessive posting with dozens of attached photos in message boards like SuFu, and will never participate in a contest to the extent that you have. (Side Note: Many threads are nearly impossible to navigate due to gluttonous posting of photos. Look at what has happened recently with Photobucket and the clutter it has left. Blah. Personally it would be my preference to have only significant changes documented, a cleaner more streamlined approach. Some people want to see how the sausage is made, some do not).

While I can understand the gripe you leveled, this was the 'Denim World Championship', not the 'Denim World Participation Championship'. The best pair (whatever the criteria) should win in the end regardless of level of participation. For the next contest, I wholly support a separate award for "Most Outstanding/Creative Documentation/Participation", though I'm sure I'll never win that category. This aspect of the contest is clearly valued in the community and should be acknowledged, but using it as a threshold for final consideration does not seem right to me. 

(Edit: Some people are taking my comments as being rude, sore winning, or something else negative. That is not my agenda at all. I made light of this whole thing (though it was an inevitable topic of discussion) and there has been some needed discussion regarding transparency, criteria, etc. I chose only to respond to Setterman because the participation issue is something I disagree strongly on. Everything else that has been said is opinion/preference and there is nothing for me to respond to with opinion....)

It might make sense for Mega to start a new thread to discuss possible improvements to the DWC formula so this one can go back to its' original purpose. 

I dunno.... When the guy who runs the contest says this: "I do agree with the point regarding participation, with hindsight I perhaps should have personally weighted this against any judgements. That is solely my fault, not judges or competitors." I think you should give up arguing about that point in particular. The only thing you have going for you is the fact that the criteria on which the fades were judged were obviously in your favor.

Your responses aren't helping you at all.

Stop trying to get us to agree with you... 

Edited by dudewuttheheck

The votes are in, the decision is made, and the winner of the DWC is............

louisbosco

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!