TEKsevenZERO

Stone Island Shadow Project

Popped into SI on Brewer street Ldn at the weekend, was there less than a minute, for a flagship store they really have very little to demonstrate SISP, real shame.

don't think the london store cares about sisp.

being in the back in the corner by the changing rooms is akin to being seated by the toilets in a restaurant.

walked in when the s/s 2018 had dropped and been out for a fair few weeks was told they only had a couple of t-shirts before i even reached the sisp section?!? i understand that it's the mainline that sells but it shows they really don't give a shit. stopped bothering going there for this reason. uk fourmaketing (own present / oki-ni / 18montrose) who run the uk stone island website, the selection is bollocks too (plus those other three stores) and you can't buy from the yoox run international site if you live in the uk.

14 hours ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

Popped into SI on Brewer street Ldn at the weekend, was there less than a minute, for a flagship store they really have very little to demonstrate SISP, real shame.

What were the prices like? 

17 minutes ago, Leviathan_division said:

What were the prices like? 

Same price as online, with a bunch of kids running the store who cares more about screwing around than attending to customers.

1 hour ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

Same price as online, with a bunch of kids running the store who cares more about screwing around than attending to customers.

@Leviathan_division - what he said - bit like a lot of shops, oh well...

On 2/6/2019 at 3:20 PM, WiseFool said:

@jukes you cant sign off without leaving a fit pic and a short review of the anorak :) 

Forgot my password and haven't been on here in a minute!

Overall impressions, I love the fit. Pretty boxy in the chest and shoulders, good length but the sleeves are nice and slim. It's much less bulky than the Scarabeo from last season (which I also own but has been shelved for this one). The material is very thin, but rugged due to the rip-stop. It has a hanging mesh inner layer.

Fit pic: Wearing the Anorak, Stone insulator down underneath (it's -30 Celsius right now), S8-DS and SS17 ACG cargos. Medium in everything. 5'9

Hope this helps!

Excuse the gnat trap in my dying BOP.

DSCF3723-3.jpg

15 hours ago, jukes said:

Forgot my password and haven't been on here in a minute!

Overall impressions, I love the fit. Pretty boxy in the chest and shoulders, good length but the sleeves are nice and slim. It's much less bulky than the Scarabeo from last season (which I also own but has been shelved for this one). The material is very thin, but rugged due to the rip-stop. It has a hanging mesh inner layer.

Fit pic: Wearing the Anorak, Stone insulator down underneath (it's -30 Celsius right now), S8-DS and SS17 ACG cargos. Medium in everything. 5'9

Hope this helps!

Excuse the gnat trap in my dying BOP.

DSCF3723-3.jpg

Note on sizing I tried one of these anoraks the other day and found they fit pretty big, with SISP I usually can just about pull of an L but when I tried one of these L was huge on me and M was just right. 

Anybody owned the SISP mandarin collar tunics? Was wondering if they are sized TTS or fit small like usual SI tees/shirts..

Posted (edited)

Depends on the season as the cuts differ slightly. FW18 tunics (compound shirts) are quite 'large' for lack of a better term due to the 'A' cut (fits well in the top block but increases in width towards the bottom hem (which also happens to be longer in length than previous tunics). SS18 fit TTS. FW17 you could size down for a trimmer fit, TTS was kinda boxy. SS17 was TTS (perhaps on the snug side) but you could comfortably size up. 

I haven't handled SS19 but from what i've seen online, it seems quite trim and well fitting so depends on how you want them to fit I suppose. TTS for a sleeker look, size up for a relaxed acid slinging hippie (not really). 

EDIT: This only applies to the 'pullover tunic' variants. The button down shirts / tunics may differ (slimmer, from my experience).

Edited by WiseFool

Sounds like going TTS is my best bet. Thank you!

Does anyone have both a shadow project piece in “Jersey-R” and an acronym soft shell (SS) that can compare the fabrics?

If anyone has any jackets or pants from SS17 in bigboy sizes please let me know. In dire need of David C or Flight Jacket in Silver Mist in XL/XXL or Purple Nylon Pants in 50/52.

Anyone can chime in on the fit of moleskin cargoes from last season? I’m usually about a 30.  Size S in P23.  I assume I would need a 46, would a 48 work if I wanted a baggier fit or it would just be way too big overall?  5,7 135-140 for reference

I'm 5,9 172lbs and wear size 46.

You better find a smaller size.

sisp.jpg

10 hours ago, Calbeee said:

Anyone can chime in on the fit of moleskin cargoes from last season? I’m usually about a 30.  Size S in P23.  I assume I would need a 46, would a 48 work if I wanted a baggier fit or it would just be way too big overall?  5,7 135-140 for reference

Agree w/ Z-11 sz 48 is gonna be too big. If you go back 2 pages I have a pic in sz 48 (5' 10" 175 lbs).

10 hours ago, Z-11 said:

I'm 5,9 172lbs and wear size 46.

You better find a smaller size.

Fits good on you. What Air Force are those, can you help me to identify?

So where in the UK (specifically, London) can I find a good selection of SISP? 

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2019 at 9:43 PM, xzamx said:

So where in the UK (specifically, London) can I find a good selection of SISP? 

The flagship store on brewer st should be your first port of call, it's pretty close to piccadily circus.

'18Montrose' in Kings Cross, 'End' in Soho, and I think 'Browns' have 2 stores somewhere, but I've never been to them.

If you're not familiar with London here's the address list for your maps

Flagship store: 79 Brewer St, Soho, London W1F 9ZN

18montrose: 6-8 Stable St, Kings Cross, London N1C 4AB

End: 59 Broadwick St, Soho, London W1F 9QS

Edited by konrvadsk
adding postcodes

browns is on south molton street within walking distance of both the flagship and and end.

18montrose is a five minute tube journey from oxford circus tube station which is close to all three other stores.