Stone Island Shadow Project

TEKsevenZERO

don't think the london store cares about sisp.

being in the back in the corner by the changing rooms is akin to being seated by the toilets in a restaurant.

walked in when the s/s 2018 had dropped and been out for a fair few weeks was told they only had a couple of t-shirts before i even reached the sisp section?!? i understand that it's the mainline that sells but it shows they really don't give a shit. stopped bothering going there for this reason. uk fourmaketing (own present / oki-ni / 18montrose) who run the uk stone island website, the selection is bollocks too (plus those other three stores) and you can't buy from the yoox run international site if you live in the uk.

On 2/6/2019 at 3:20 PM, WiseFool said:

@jukes you cant sign off without leaving a fit pic and a short review of the anorak :) 

Forgot my password and haven't been on here in a minute!

Overall impressions, I love the fit. Pretty boxy in the chest and shoulders, good length but the sleeves are nice and slim. It's much less bulky than the Scarabeo from last season (which I also own but has been shelved for this one). The material is very thin, but rugged due to the rip-stop. It has a hanging mesh inner layer.

Fit pic: Wearing the Anorak, Stone insulator down underneath (it's -30 Celsius right now), S8-DS and SS17 ACG cargos. Medium in everything. 5'9

Hope this helps!

Excuse the gnat trap in my dying BOP.

DSCF3723-3.jpg

15 hours ago, jukes said:

Forgot my password and haven't been on here in a minute!

Overall impressions, I love the fit. Pretty boxy in the chest and shoulders, good length but the sleeves are nice and slim. It's much less bulky than the Scarabeo from last season (which I also own but has been shelved for this one). The material is very thin, but rugged due to the rip-stop. It has a hanging mesh inner layer.

Fit pic: Wearing the Anorak, Stone insulator down underneath (it's -30 Celsius right now), S8-DS and SS17 ACG cargos. Medium in everything. 5'9

Hope this helps!

Excuse the gnat trap in my dying BOP.

DSCF3723-3.jpg

Note on sizing I tried one of these anoraks the other day and found they fit pretty big, with SISP I usually can just about pull of an L but when I tried one of these L was huge on me and M was just right. 

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the season as the cuts differ slightly. FW18 tunics (compound shirts) are quite 'large' for lack of a better term due to the 'A' cut (fits well in the top block but increases in width towards the bottom hem (which also happens to be longer in length than previous tunics). SS18 fit TTS. FW17 you could size down for a trimmer fit, TTS was kinda boxy. SS17 was TTS (perhaps on the snug side) but you could comfortably size up. 

I haven't handled SS19 but from what i've seen online, it seems quite trim and well fitting so depends on how you want them to fit I suppose. TTS for a sleeker look, size up for a relaxed acid slinging hippie (not really). 

EDIT: This only applies to the 'pullover tunic' variants. The button down shirts / tunics may differ (slimmer, from my experience).

Edited by WiseFool

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone can chime in on the fit of moleskin cargoes from last season? I’m usually about a 30.  Size S in P23.  I assume I would need a 46, would a 48 work if I wanted a baggier fit or it would just be way too big overall?  5,7 135-140 for reference

10 hours ago, Calbeee said:

Anyone can chime in on the fit of moleskin cargoes from last season? I’m usually about a 30.  Size S in P23.  I assume I would need a 46, would a 48 work if I wanted a baggier fit or it would just be way too big overall?  5,7 135-140 for reference

Agree w/ Z-11 sz 48 is gonna be too big. If you go back 2 pages I have a pic in sz 48 (5' 10" 175 lbs).

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 9:43 PM, xzamx said:

So where in the UK (specifically, London) can I find a good selection of SISP? 

The flagship store on brewer st should be your first port of call, it's pretty close to piccadily circus.

'18Montrose' in Kings Cross, 'End' in Soho, and I think 'Browns' have 2 stores somewhere, but I've never been to them.

If you're not familiar with London here's the address list for your maps

Flagship store: 79 Brewer St, Soho, London W1F 9ZN

18montrose: 6-8 Stable St, Kings Cross, London N1C 4AB

End: 59 Broadwick St, Soho, London W1F 9QS

Edited by konrvadsk
adding postcodes

• 1 month later...

There's a sick wool softshell jacket (poly + wool + elast) that i'm really looking forward to getting my hands on. IIRC it is similar in cut to the mionn IS, with the added benefit of a neat looking (attached) storm hood.

The seasonal fishtail parka is going to come in some wacky / strange / cool material that seems to be a shiny variant of a ripstop weave. Bright neon yellow and black from what i've seen so far. 

Field jacket returns in hollowcore I believe. Similar in cut and design to the naslan light split jacket from this season (not the hollowcore detachable variant). Seen one in a syruppy purp. 

Some other noteworthy jawnz-

Pretty sick looking cargos this season. They've got detachable (de-zip on two sides) side-pockets that are aligned just like the p-10A (or any A variant). 3-side 2-side pocket access. Pocket is made out of some shiny/crinkled fabric. Reminds me of the prismatic / toffee-wrapper / glazed silk jackets from the mainline. 

The beanie this season made me go wtf at first (and not in a good way). Simply put, it unfolds partially to cover your face, like half a balaclava (except, it only reaches the bottom of your nose which looked kinky). It then dawned on me that the beanie is meant to work with the accompanying turtleneck pullover. the unfolded turtleneck covers the bottom part of your face and overlaps rather nicely). IMO this can be an upgrade or a downgrade in comparison to the legendary fusion gaiter. Depends on wardrobe flexibility I suppose. 

Biggest change comes in the form of the choice of footwear. Traditionally, sisp release one model of shoes in two variants per season. They stopped doing this from ss18 I believe. FW17 actually had 3 variants of the slip ons - engraved leather hi-top chelsea / suede engraved hit-top chelsea / engraved leather convertible slip on. They seem to have moved away from the slip on / chelsea sneaker boot with a flat outsole and instead they've opted for a vibran outsole that is a lot more aggressive / hiker - core that seems to be the flavour of the month in fashion. The upper has a pretty sick graphic element on it (black leather and suede base with white graphic overlays). Quite a unique shoe, still unsure on it as i've always been a fan of their flat soled slip ons. 

Sorry for the long post. Been meaning to type this down for a while but I kept missing the train for some odd reason. 

Edit: RE cargo pocket access.

Edited by WiseFool

• 2 weeks later...