Stone Island Shadow Project

TEKsevenZERO

Might be a moot point of discussion but I was wondering (hoping, rather) if the celebratory anniversary collection would include / extend (into) the forthcoming ss19 collection. I highly doubt it as the lookbook specifically stated that the special branding would be present in this collection only but I hope it gets rounded off to an anniversary year rather than just a single season :)  

• 3 weeks later...

The cargos look good and i've always liked wearing linen during summer. The naslan light split jacket is interesting but i'm curious about their decision on the split collar that buttons at the back of the neck. The decision to have a split-zipped hood is intriguing as well. I've also seen a bottle green version of this jacket and that looked neat as well. 

Lenticular jacquard overshirt here - https://www.mrporter.com/en-ch/mens/stone_island_shadow_project/lenticular-jacquard-shell-shirt-jacket/1118854?ppv=2

Nyco-poplin stand collar shirt - https://www.pockets.co.uk/brands/brands-az/stone-island/overhead-long-shirt-with-pouch-pocket-white.html (Description is from an older version tho)

Also came across a naslan light blouson on IG a few days ago via philipbrown menswear. They've yet to upload it online though.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SISP have brought back the DPM jacquard (Chine pattern) in rip stop this time. From what i've seen so far, the DPM fabric will be used for bombers, fishtail parka (this one will have an interesting way to adjust the tension and drape of the gament in the form of curved zips) and popover anoraks. Honestly loving the way the bombers and the anoraks look and the parka is wicked as well. 

Firmament has a few pics up of the bomber and adjustable trousers (remix of last spring's zip detail trousers). These look way better imho.

https://www.firmamentberlin.com/stone-island-shadow/30933/stone-island-shadow-single-layer-bomber-jacket.html

https://www.firmamentberlin.com/stone-island-shadow/30932/stone-island-shadow-project-zip-trouser.html

There's also a textured parka with motiffs of hyper magnified crystals or along those lines (organic looking) that i've yet to see pop up anywhere. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone here own the stretch moleskine cargos from FW18? Any comments on the piece or the fabric? Need a little push to commit to buying.... :unsure2:

I'm buying them

Edited by alavkx
*internally scolding* Boy don't you know there's a god damn search? Literally heaps of info already mentioned

7 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

agree lol, need some reviews on the new cargo pants.. 

thanks in advance.

New Cargoes are a dream. I'm 5'9 and 140 and the 46 is a perfect fit save for a little room in the waist. They taper pretty aggressively even without the button adjusters being used, to the point where it is a little difficult to take them off. However this doesn't keep them from being a pretty sick pair of pants. When the buttons are cinched all the way they get a really aggressive look and the knees bunch up in a way that makes em look like a P10. Fabric does fade quickly but comes back looking good after a wash.  Overall really cool pant. Will upload fit pics later.

Edited by chillwaveplaylist

4 hours ago, octose said:

https://www.stoneisland.com/wx/stone-island-shadow-project/coats-jackets for some reason its showing the new products here 

I love the sillhouette of the kimono hoody. Not a fan of the material. Would’ve loved to see this in a wool/wool blend and without the hood.

Edited by alavkx

3 hours ago, segue said:

is it just me or do the price points seem a little higher?  I'm not sure if I'm noticing it now that I'm being a more conscious buyer but I feel as though they're higher than usual.

I think part of it is variability between retailer pricing. The DPM smock is listed at $960 on Haven while $850 ($700 wo VAT) from another retailer. Yes though pricing seems to have increased as I don’t remember seeing $200 tees in the past. Last season I was hoping it was due to the anniversary but it unfortunately appears that’s not the case.

Edited by wexler

1 hour ago, wexler said:

I think part of it is variability between retailer pricing. The DPM smock is listed at $960 on Haven while $850 ($700 wo VAT) from another retailer. Yes though pricing seems to have increased as I don’t remember seeing $200 tees in the past. Last season I was hoping it was due to the anniversary but it unfortunately appears that’s not the case.

yes my thoughts exactly, the t shirts are a prime example.  when i took a step back I was like, "the t shirts are over $200, the poplin moc neck shirt is over $400, sweaters easily $500, jackets norming at $800.."  I mean i know it's stone island but it seemed to me that they know the fanbase for si, sisp, acrnm has been growing and they're thinking "we can get away with these price points since there is now growing demand."

Edited by segue
typos

great follow up to the 10 yr anniversary special. the dpm pattern is something special. ill look for it on sale lol. 

@segue stone island in general has gotten like twice as expensive in the past five years. prices go up because they can raise them i guess

Edited by hooper

Very tempted to give a nice rant on my disappointment from every shadow project piece I've acquired. Which, admittedly isn't that many (3). Starting to seem less like techwear and more like flexwear.

Edit: It's a bit of a mixed bag. There are good pieces, but you have to dig. A lot of this shit just plain doesn't perform (don't get me started on nyco). Probably just as much my fault for using the price point to gauge the usefulness of the pieces.

Edited by alavkx

1. Smock nyco anorak: I don't want to trash it too much cos I'm gonna have to sell this thing at some point. Here's a link to cordura's nyco descriptions. Basically, a very hard wearing nylon cotton blend. The material itself is fine, but why do I want my rain jacket to be made out of this? Without doing proper research, I went out with a nyco anorak expecting some level of protection and got completely drenched. And it dried slow to boot. I don't have a big bone to pick with the materials in these garments, just with how they seem to pick random materials without much thought of how it will be used. The webbing netting on the side also makes it the heaviest garment in my wardrobe, making it unfit for commuting with. It looks great, though.

2. Stretch moleskin cargos: just really meh for me. They didn't seem to give the coziness I was hoping for. My outlier og cloth pants are tougher, lighter, stretchier, and warmer. Just underwhelming for the luxury price point, even at half off. Sending this one back. Once again, love the silhouette (other than it being a little too drape-y for me) and color, looks great.

3. 10 year anniversary tee: Not really high exceptions, just a cotton tee. The only surprise here was that the material in white was thin enough to see my nipples through the shirt. Slightly disappointing. I love the graphics, and the sleeve detailing. The world can see my nipples, thats fine. Gonna keep this one.

I consider this a very unseasoned and even possibly, naive review. But it's my perspective of trying out shadow project, and only getting half of what I expected. Form but no function.

Looks great though

Edited by alavkx

SISP to me feels like E is designing shit he wished he had in his teenage raver years. (Spoken from the vantage point of someone who went to raves in the mid/late 90’s, no shade)

I feel like SISP gets a rep for being techwear more than it really is as well. I've always been more into the street side of fashion and thought Tech was a little too movie-esque Sci-Fi for me, but that SISP offered a medium between street cozy with a more updated techy twist. 

But I also feel like in the past year E has moved away from having full hands on SISP and has let the ACR team as a whole handle it. I'm sure he's still part of the design team but it doesn't feel like he's doing as much as he used to -- which might also play into the fact that SISP looks a lot less like ACR than it did pre-2018. Just my thoughts though. 

17 hours ago, octose said:

I feel like SISP gets a rep for being techwear more than it really is as well. I've always been more into the street side of fashion and thought Tech was a little too movie-esque Sci-Fi for me, but that SISP offered a medium between street cozy with a more updated techy twist. 

But I also feel like in the past year E has moved away from having full hands on SISP and has let the ACR team as a whole handle it. I'm sure he's still part of the design team but it doesn't feel like he's doing as much as he used to -- which might also play into the fact that SISP looks a lot less like ACR than it did pre-2018. Just my thoughts though. 

Yeah, I dunno. The last few things that have had his name on them that weren’t mothersite oriented, seemed to be more about color and material more than form and function. I feel like E and crew had been up til about 14/15 getting the Shapes down pat and now there is playing with how to make surface Patterns do more Weird Shit on top of the Shapes. It would be cool to get a better look at their creative process and understand more how the flow works. 

• 2 weeks later...