Stone Island Shadow Project

TEKsevenZERO

On 5/26/2018 at 4:45 PM, WiseFool said:

Do we need to use a code to view the sale prices? Showing retail prices for me. 

@danii is right I’m in the states and it shows up automatically. VAT minus 30% would be between 40-50% off.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up the nylon metal 'spider' field jacket during the recent sales and figured I'd share a brief review.

Photo album: https://imgur.com/a/UbxE2Lo 

Specs: Field jacket with articulations tunnel sleeves, detachable hood with visor removable via Velcro. Single layer “nylon metal” fabric with anti-drop treatment to give light water and wind-resistance. Two lower hand pockets with snap closures and two chest pockets with YKK zipper closures. Two way YKK zippers along with additional chest and neck snaps can be used to fully or partially close the jacket. Sleeves have articulations tunnels that allow the user to pull an elastic band and secure via a button. This shortens the sleeves and changes the fit. Elastic drawstring located on the hood and bottom of the hem for adjusting the fit. 

Size/Fit: Chest measurements are pretty generous giving the jacket a somewhat relaxed fit. The sleeves seem to run a bit on the shorter side so the only time I see the articulation tunnels being useful is if the temperature increases, the wearer could pull the sleeves up. I haven’t done this yet, but it seems convenient as the sleeves will not slide down since they are secured in place via the elastic band. I initially sized up to a Large and did not like the fit as it was too baggy. I returned for my typical size Medium which fit much better. For reference I’m 5’ 10” (179 cm) and 175 lbs. (79.5 kg) fit pic below.

Impressions: I was looking for another lightweight summer jacket which led me to pick this up. The dying process and metallic finish give the jacket a very cool sheen where the color seems to change when in light. The color is an olive-green but in certain lights looks to be more of a golden brown. Being able to remove the hood is a nice feature as it gives the jacket a cleaner look. When attached there is a flap that covers up the buttons which secure the hood so they are not visible. I haven’t toyed around with leaving the hood on and removing the visor too much yet but this is another neat feature. I wish that when the visor is removed the two Velcro strips were opposite (loop and hook). This way you could fold over the hood, attach them and not have the two black strips visible.

I have only worn it out in a light rain which the anti-drop treatment held up against. During a heavy rain fall I would expect the jacket to wet out rather quickly. There are also buttons on the interior of the jacket to secure the SI badge if the wearer doesn’t want it exposed on the sleeve.

Dislikes: I have only come across two issues with the jacket so far. The snap button closures on the cuff of the sleeve come undone relatively easily. When taking off the jacket the buttons sometimes pop off and need to be re-secured when I put the jacket back on. A minor issue but still annoying none the less. The elastic drawstring on the bottom hem has no locking mechanism which makes it pretty much useless. As of right now, I tied a small knot to keep it at my desired tension. I’ll buy some plastic clasps to add to the drawstring but can’t believe this wouldn’t be included on the jacket.

If anyone has any questions feel free to hit me up. Thanks for reading.

IMG_0065.JPG

Edited by wexler
Spelling

21 hours ago, WiseFool said:

The preview for some FW18 pieces is up on Lindepalais - http://www.lindelepalais.com/en-US/men/designer/stone_island_shadow_project

Hooray for the return of the stealth jacket + parseq? 

New stealth < Old stealth

The fit on the new one seems odd how it flares out at the bottom. And of course they would add a jacket sling to basically the same jacket I just bought :|

Edited by wexler

Does anyone have any experience with the naslan fabric? How is the hand feel and how water resistant is it? Would it be good for light summer showers?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any sign of a full lookbook yet? I’ve seen E’s Instagram post and what’s been posted here but would be good to see the actual book if they released one yet. I couldn’t do the iridescent stuff but still seems like some interesting pieces...

Edited by RemarkableArmor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anybody based in Italy or more specifically Milano can tell me if 6919 is already in physical SISP stores? Thanks.

Edited by hjpx

6 hours ago, hjpx said:

Anybody based in Italy or more specifically Milano can tell me if 6919 is already in SISP stores? Thanks.

Ordered the cargos and a shirt from Dope Factory. Or do you mean specifically Stone Island stores not other retailers? 

12 hours ago, wexler said:

Ordered the cargos and a shirt from Dope Factory. Or do you mean specifically Stone Island stores not other retailers? 

My bad, I did indeed mean the physical stores.

2 hours ago, Kasper said:

I was in Italy exactly a year ago and they already had the full collection in store even though it wasn't online yet.

Ah nice, I’ll be in Europe in a few weeks and was planning at stopping at a SI store. Hopefully they have the new stuff stocked.