Stone Island Shadow Project

TEKsevenZERO

On 10/25/2017 at 8:17 PM, Tilore said:

Was looking forward to the convert pants this season and just wanted to share sizing advice and thoughts.

I got a 44 (I'm 5'7" 135lbs usually wear a 28/30) and had the zip shorts from this s/s in a 44 as well.

Waist fits great with some room still and pants are extremely cozy with a slight drop crotch and extra room in the seat/leg area. 

I would say they are slimmer than the zip cargos from s/s.

I didn't feel the need to get them tailored at all. I drape them over boots or just roll them twice when wearing low tops.

I like the zip pocket on the patch side which has a phone pocket behind it which I use quite a bit.

The 2 smaller pockets on the other leg don't see as much use / I'll usually zip the flap up. I do like however sliding my point and shoot down that leg where you store the flap.

Other than feeling like a cowboy with the flaps and zips clinking around big fan / great fit / very comfy / versatile going from cargo to more dressed down look.

Only gripe is the normal pockets at the waist can be a bit difficult to access with all the zippers brushing up against your hand.

Zip shirt from this season is also really nice with the ds like sleeves and more zips.

If you are looking for black which has been somewhat hard to track down for whatever reason - capsule has some sizes here in toronto

great summary, i share the same sentiment. any chance you know of a spot still stocking 44? i'm same size as you but decided to try a 46 this time. prob would be happier with a 44!

• 2 weeks later...

I got a chance to try on the “Tela 50 Fili 2L Garment Dyed Anti Drop Agent Coat” today. Now I’m trying to figure out what to sell to pick one up for the winter. Easily my favorite fishtail parka that I’ve tried. 

Dope Factory has a 25% off sale code (code on site) that works for their SISP selection. Also free shipping to US for orders over 300 euros!

https://www.dope-factory.com/collections/stone-island-shadow-project/M

Edited by cybersushi

On 10/31/2017 at 7:50 PM, Tilore said:

Since some people were curious...

So these pants fit a bit tighter than the converts at the waist. I tried a 44 on and they do fit snug on the waist and would potentially consider sizing to a 46 but still wearable.

They have a lighter feel and a clean look when not using the articulation - just a plain black straight fit dress pant.

Normal 4 pocket setup 2 front / 2 back with the right side having that diagonal zip/patch that most sp pants have.

IMG_4591.thumb.jpg.0e6f1143d9f5d2c3a700ae2a13e0b75a.jpgIMG_4592.thumb.jpg.7dbe8d945fc6d277c9c8270362f3b745.jpg

So the articulation works by pulling a stretchy strap at the back of the knee and using a button to fasten. There are multiple slits (5?) so you can cinch them more/ less.

When cinched to the tightest loop, it gives a p10 type look with a slim calf and bunched material around the knee. Although it looks good, walking around is awkward as the material pulls at the back. So I wouldn't recommend cinching it all the way maybe 1 or 2 less.

IMG_4588.thumb.jpg.cfef5ecab86932719c56c7876fa41dd2.jpg

The tab also flops around when all the way cinched.

Left is no articulation / Right is tightest

IMG_4585.thumb.jpg.8f2d50a566979879e6e27478678a773d.jpgIMG_4586.thumb.jpg.572252b5483a7f12f90978c0e84d427e.jpg

Damn you Tilore!  I’m sold and just copped a pair after reading this!!  Don’t know if I’m happy or angry.

1 hour ago, GFNS said:

Damn you Tilore!  I’m sold and just copped a pair after reading this!!  Don’t know if I’m happy or angry.

Haha let me know how you end up liking them, I'll probably grab them end of season still too for a less weighty / dressy option over the converts

5 hours ago, Tilore said:

Haha let me know how you end up liking them, I'll probably grab them end of season still too for a less weighty / dressy option over the converts

Will do.  A nice alternative to RAF P10’s, which I’ve scoured the earth for.  I’ll report back once they’ve arrived.

The inner security flap on the front pockets is awesome as well. Keeps your phone/change/keys from sliding out when you sit, to counter style/position of pockets and the light/soft fabric.

(there seems to be some mystery about wether this is a “wide, drop crotch pant” or a “slim bit not too tight” pant if you read deacriptions across the vendors. Got my usual 50 in olive from SI and it was skin tight! The 52 in black was the wide drop crotch one but still not much wider than SI 50s usually are for me. (Misslabel or theres two versions about)

Edited by hjpx

On 11/19/2017 at 1:43 AM, Tilore said:

Big T is the CXADO plug.  These joints is right up my alley, pause!

From what I can tell, these have close to 10 slits for hyper-articulation.  You can go total P10ATS-DSSCH on these and play four back to back full court games running the point.

Good looking out Tilore, I’m going for the black pair next.

I got my pair of the articulated pants as well, my first shadow project piece and I love it! I decided to size up per this board and End recommended sizing up, although if I'm being totally honest I might have preferred going tts because they are a little long on me if I don't use the tabs. When  pulling the tab to the 9th slit(maybe the max) you get a nice stacking look with tapered calves, but you get the back of the cuffs popping out a bit which may or may not be appealing to certain folks.

Edited by AvantSol

On 11/26/2017 at 6:36 AM, AvantSol said:

I got my pair of the articulated pants as well, my first shadow project piece and I love it! I decided to size up per this board and End recommended sizing up, although if I'm being totally honest I might have preferred going tts because they are a little long on me if I don't use the tabs. When  pulling the tab to the 9th slit(maybe the max) you get a nice stacking look with tapered calves, but you get the back of the cuffs popping out a bit which may or may not be appealing to certain folks.

Quick way to hack that is doubling up on the slits.  If you did 9, also push the button through the previous slot to keep it in check.  That curbs the floppy tabs look and deters idiot boxes from pulling on them to ruin your day.

Haha glad I was able to help out everyone hope y'all enjoy

On 11/21/2017 at 1:53 PM, GFNS said:

I know there is a leisure version which looks like moleskin fabric.  Then there is a cotton version which is the same fabric as the convert pant.

Big T (Tilore) which version did you display again?

Bit late but yea these ones are the exact same fabric make up as the converts, the other leisure pant is more of a sweat pant.

19 hours ago, suprastar said:

Also got these pants based on Tilore's pics

My first kind of "techwear" pants, are these considered tech pants?

Also, I'm usually a size 29/30 for jeans etc, and the webshop I got them from only had a 46, did I size it right?

Yea 46 should be perfect and maybe lowkey tech? Think it depends more on how you style them with other pieces.

On 11/26/2017 at 6:36 AM, AvantSol said:

Yea normally they're a bit long like converts so I'll cuff twice which I think is fine. Going tts these fit tighter in the waist so I still think you made the right decision.

19 hours ago, suprastar said:

Also got these pants based on Tilore's pics

My first kind of "techwear" pants, are these considered tech pants?

Also, I'm usually a size 29/30 for jeans etc, and the webshop I got them from only had a 46, did I size it right?

I would follow up with wearable architecture more than techwear.  As is, the sector is getting a bit overloaded with way too much attention and dull emulations of the true originals.  Pieces like these organically birth new ways of interpreting what we wear.  If anything, pants like these are the first of its kind and likely the start of a new path for what most CXADO pieces represent.  I don’t want to act like this is some great departure or something that’s never been done before but I’d rank it somewhere between what Acronym and Yohji do right.

You don’t have to wait for a downpour to wear these.  Do them up, down, left or right.

So I got the articulation channel pants in and they seem a bit too big for me (got the 46).

I'm pretty much a true 29, and although these are not super big, but still 1-2inches too big for me I think (I can't wear them without a belt)

Maybe im not used to loose fit pants as well, so I'll have to see how I style them with other pieces before deciding whether to keep them. Or unless someone wants to trade a 44?

Edited by suprastar
edit

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, eel_jah said:

Does anyone know any shops that still got SISP Garment Dyed Satin Articulated Cargos in Olive in size 46? Missed out and really want a pair but can't find any.

havenshop got size 48 & 50 on sale, unfortunately no size 46