Stone Island Shadow Project

TEKsevenZERO

On 5/19/2017 at 7:52 PM, danii said:

I hope they are black (I commented more to resurrect this thread)

Just got my pair of the new convert trousers, and they are definitely not black unfortunately. Midnight blue, I'd say. I can throw some pictures up if anyone's interested.

On 8/30/2017 at 1:39 PM, cbhorsetice said:

Just got my pair of the new convert trousers, and they are definitely not black unfortunately. Midnight blue, I'd say. I can throw some pictures up if anyone's interested.

For those interested. Worth mentioning that the pocket sections are pretty shiny too.

IMG_7399.JPG

IMG_7400.JPG

IMG_7401.JPG

23 minutes ago, originalprogram said:

@cbhorsetice Thanks for the pics. Is your version the lighter material this season? I heard there's 2 versions, 1 thicker, and another thinner version. This looks to be the lighter version. 

Is there a 30206 cotton batavia model!? I wonder what fabrics they're using, it seems the 09 is cotton/wool satin this season.

1 hour ago, CARLOOA said:

Is there a 30206 cotton batavia model!? I wonder what fabrics they're using, it seems the 09 is cotton/wool satin this season.

I think so? I did try on the thicker material but in the 30409 ADJUSTABLE WIDE PANTS WITH ARTICULATION TUNNELS (STRETCH COTTON WOOL SATIN) GARMENT DYED

The thicker material is hard to describe. It's amazing, It has a little bit of felt/velvet quality about it versus the lighter material similar to last seasons VENTED CARGOS.

3 hours ago, originalprogram said:

@cbhorsetice Thanks for the pics. Is your version the lighter material this season? I heard there's 2 versions, 1 thicker, and another thinner version. This looks to be the lighter version. 

You're very welcome! I believe these are the 30209 version (stretch cotton wool satin). The sizing is a little looser than TTS. Generally wear M in acronym (at least the P10TS-DS) and I have a pair in 48. Would fit a little loose on a true 32 waist. 

Edited by cbhorsetice
politeness ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2017 at 9:59 AM, Landers said:

@cbhorsetice and @Flipflop214 Where did ya'll purchase your pairs? So far this season out of the 30+ sites I checked that sell SISP the only sites to have a pair are Stoneisland official who only has the green pair and lindelepalais who had the black/blue(what ever you want to call it) pair which sold out. 

looks like lindelepalais has a convert model up with note saying they receive shipment September 30th.

On 9/1/2017 at 2:48 AM, cbhorsetice said:

For those interested. Worth mentioning that the pocket sections are pretty shiny too.

IMG_7399.JPG

IMG_7400.JPG

IMG_7401.JPG

Wow that's dope! On my pair older pair there aren't any vents or zippers on the inner pockets, they're closed by snaps and the larger pocket tears away via velcro to reveal the badge on the inside, it's cool that the newer pair has the badge showing.

As far as fit goes they fit huge! I got a 48 because even though I'm skinny I like to wear M. I had to shorten, tailor, and taper them to get the fit I wanted. However not sure if they updated the fit at all 

RE: Convert pants

It's hard to gauge how these will fit reading the varying measurements on all sites, does anyone here also have (651930313) 'Garment Dyed Gabardine Pant' from a year or so ago if so how these compare, thinking to get the size I have in those

ss.png.83b6e43e7e8ac3c049fe45f53c21cffd.png

On 27/07/2017 at 11:40 PM, RemarkableArmor said:

For me, this is the best season in a while and I want several pieces. Fingers crossed this is the start of things getting back on track. Need that lookbook!

I'm debating whether to drop 500 on 'em or not. If you'd be so kind, I'd love to see how they look when worn with the flaps folded in.

I can't find a retailer that's taken that photo with the green pair.

This may just be me being a wimp but does anyone else feel like they’re wearing leg weights with these things on? There’s a very noticeable pull forwards on my legs that I feel which I assume is the zips being heavy. That combined with the jingle bells is really making me feel like i’ll  have to give up on these unfortunately ...despite the fact I love the look

On 10/5/2017 at 3:22 AM, RemarkableArmor said:

This may just be me being a wimp but does anyone else feel like they’re wearing leg weights with these things on? There’s a very noticeable pull forwards on my legs that I feel which I assume is the zips being heavy. That combined with the jingle bells is really making me feel like i’ll  have to give up on these unfortunately ...despite the fact I love the look

I notice it when throwing my wallet into the 'convert pocket' where the flaps are stored.  There is a definite weight ratio conundrum going on here.  Don't mind it though.

On 10/6/2017 at 3:18 PM, GFNS said:

I notice it when throwing my wallet into the 'convert pocket' where the flaps are stored.  There is a definite weight ratio conundrum going on here.  Don't mind it though.

the convert flap storage pocket is pretty terrible for anything with mass (unless you're cool with it swinging around when you walk)

on the other hand, the cargo pocket organization is well placed and balanced for most of my normal pocket items though (L: airpod case, cardcase; R: cell phone) 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jun.H said:

Does anyone own the pants with the articulation tunnels? What are your thoughts? I'm curious as to how the mechanism alters the fit, from pictures I imagine it brings the back up for a more tapered/cropped look from the front.

Was it you that I recommended these to on TWG? They're great, I'd recommend them over the converts actually, the tunnel mechanism bunches the back up so as to make the remainder articulated.

Was looking forward to the convert pants this season and just wanted to share sizing advice and thoughts.

I got a 44 (I'm 5'7" 135lbs usually wear a 28/30) and had the zip shorts from this s/s in a 44 as well.

Waist fits great with some room still and pants are extremely cozy with a slight drop crotch and extra room in the seat/leg area. 

I would say they are slimmer than the zip cargos from s/s.

I didn't feel the need to get them tailored at all. I drape them over boots or just roll them twice when wearing low tops.

I like the zip pocket on the patch side which has a phone pocket behind it which I use quite a bit.

The 2 smaller pockets on the other leg don't see as much use / I'll usually zip the flap up. I do like however sliding my point and shoot down that leg where you store the flap.

Other than feeling like a cowboy with the flaps and zips clinking around big fan / great fit / very comfy / versatile going from cargo to more dressed down look.

Only gripe is the normal pockets at the waist can be a bit difficult to access with all the zippers brushing up against your hand.

Zip shirt from this season is also really nice with the ds like sleeves and more zips.

If you are looking for black which has been somewhat hard to track down for whatever reason - capsule has some sizes here in toronto

DSC04462.thumb.jpg.412fdee9da279101959256b29ead38ed.jpgIMG_4386.thumb.jpg.f74132c36690a2b8875d17f3b35e3d0d.jpg

On 10/19/2017 at 12:00 PM, Jun.H said:

Does anyone own the pants with the articulation tunnels? What are your thoughts? I'm curious as to how the mechanism alters the fit, from pictures I imagine it brings the back up for a more tapered/cropped look from the front.

Since some people were curious...

So these pants fit a bit tighter than the converts at the waist. I tried a 44 on and they do fit snug on the waist and would potentially consider sizing to a 46 but still wearable.

They have a lighter feel and a clean look when not using the articulation - just a plain black straight fit dress pant.

Normal 4 pocket setup 2 front / 2 back with the right side having that diagonal zip/patch that most sp pants have.

IMG_4591.thumb.jpg.0e6f1143d9f5d2c3a700ae2a13e0b75a.jpgIMG_4592.thumb.jpg.7dbe8d945fc6d277c9c8270362f3b745.jpg

So the articulation works by pulling a stretchy strap at the back of the knee and using a button to fasten. There are multiple slits (5?) so you can cinch them more/ less.

When cinched to the tightest loop, it gives a p10 type look with a slim calf and bunched material around the knee. Although it looks good, walking around is awkward as the material pulls at the back. So I wouldn't recommend cinching it all the way maybe 1 or 2 less.

IMG_4588.thumb.jpg.cfef5ecab86932719c56c7876fa41dd2.jpg

The tab also flops around when all the way cinched.

On 10/20/2017 at 3:45 PM, GFNS said:

Anybody have good fit pictures of that articulation in action?

Left is no articulation / Right is tightest

IMG_4585.thumb.jpg.8f2d50a566979879e6e27478678a773d.jpgIMG_4586.thumb.jpg.572252b5483a7f12f90978c0e84d427e.jpg