Stone Island Shadow Project

TEKsevenZERO

The Stone Island Shadow Project began as a discourse between Sportswear Co. owner and creative director Carlo Rivetti and the highly technical and talented ACRONYM® design team of Errolson Hugh and Michaela Sachenbacher. A platform for exploration, the Shadow project rapidly evolved into a system based program for a new generation of urban masculine apparel.  with both Stone Island's incredible historical archive and it's unparalleled forward development resources as a starting point, ACRONYM® sought to conceive a project according to their strong technical and performance based roots.  The result is a unique and unprecedented fusion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

can't remember if there was chatter on here regarding outerwear constructed using dyneema but stone island have had a go, quite impressed with their results. not sure how dyneema will perform, understand it's no gore membrane but wondering how breathable and water resistant the fabric is? although think stone island are just using it as a face fabric as these jackets are bonded with a 'performance' membrane and a tela liner which what has been dyed. limited release this wednesday.

2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, danii said:

but if you compare it to the shirt he wears they don't look black to me.

it doesn't look a true deep black in any of the shots in comparison to the items the model is wearing but guess this more due to how the material behaves with the studio lighting. the trousers are flat compared to the dark tees and knits so will reflect more light even though most light will be absorbed as they're black. 

Edited by scamster

1 hour ago, Appleseed said:

SISP Leather jkt. over at Y!JP. 0 bids, less than a day to go. Forget what US retail was, $2,500? The later, hooded ver. was over $3k IIRC.

There are some on ebay too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STONE-ISLAND-SHADOW-PROJECT-LEATHER-HOODED-SHORT-PARKA-XL-RRP-1600-/252921192680?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Question. I noticed the preorder for the convert/combat pant has an IT 48 (US 38). Does SISP normally release sizes that large? I wanted to get the vented zippered cargos from ss17 but seemed like they never had anything larger than a US 36.

My bad. Didn't consider the possibility that they could be referring to UK / US chest size. Kinda misleading on a size guide for trousers, though I'm guessing it's a universal size guide they use across the website.

No, they are normally taged 54 as per the euro sizing, largest being 56 or 38" if I recall, strange that they use 2 sizing conentions for tops and bottoms, I just wish all companies simply stated the size in inches then it would be easy to select the correct size.

My xxxl shadow is smaller than an old ACG large from '97!

On 5/20/2017 at 8:33 PM, cktenders said:

On the topic of odd sizing, do the SISP low top slip ons fit pretty true to size? I'm eyeballing a pair.

Not sure about the lows specifically, but I definitely sized down in the boot. Usually an 11.5 or 12 US. Took an 11 and they're right on. Possibly same in the lows? I'm curious to know myself.

edit - whoops, sorry, totally got that wrong. I've checked and confirmed that I actually bought a size 45EU which is 12US, so in actuality, i'd recommend taking your regular size or size up if you're a half-size. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by strikethrough

I bought a pair of lows in my normal size and found them painfully narrow, to the point I could not wear them, but I do have wide feet, would love a pair that fits so might need to seek out a pair of US 12 / UK 11 - They certainly look interesting.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...