Thanks for the pictures and the measurements! They have a very strong taper and carrot shape, interesting. Is the inseam also at 34" like advertised? They look quite short.

Which proxy did you use?

I am glad that you remind me to measure the inseam. Sorry that I forgot that.

The inseam measures 83cm/32,7" in unwashed state. You are right! They are very short for advertised 34" and they do have a very strong taper. 

I used superbuy. Very happy with their service. They arrived in less than a week.

Very good to know! So they might end up shorter than 30".

How are the fees for superbuy? Never heard of them.

And since you are also from Germany, was your package also handled by the dreaded GDSK or went it smoothly through?

There was no service fee with superbuy. They documented and inspected everything really fast and detailed. And they even attached a photo of the pants when they arrived at their warehouse.

In the end I decided to go with DHL express in terms of shipping which was a good decision because they came really fast. And I think I was lucky because I did not had to pay customs. All in all I paid 124€/131$. Shipping was really expensive to be honest as the pants on their own cost around 90$.

How it's possible that there was no service fee? I've tried three or four different taobao proxy services and they all seem to love to f°°k in the a°$€ as much as possible... Even the currency exchange is always ridiculously high.

Are there any more infos available about the denim? Cotton, mill, other specification, etc.
Since the pictures from Taobao can't be translated I hope someone else can chime in

im on my second pair of Overcomer 051ss. They've changed denim but there's no big difference. Mainly the new one has some slight, slight slubbiness or unevenness in the weave, and the first denim had a bit of an 'open-ended' look to it. went down one in waist and length, so they're just perfect now. i think of these as my new standard jeans, replacing APC for now.

Posted (edited)

@dilemmaworker I enjoy my 051ss very much. Overcomer makes a great pair or jeans. The straight leg cut they released has my interest as well.

Fit pick for this small thread.

20CAF010-68CF-4EB9-88BE-299AF73C40A9.jpeg

7F3FBD0D-253A-44EE-98FC-FC36C09C670A.jpeg

B504BCEC-DC37-4530-B649-AC40A88DA814.jpeg

Edited by istewi

43 minutes ago, dilemmaworker said:

What does 'final 66' mean?

I think it's that last years that Levis made the 66 style jeans. I believe the 1970s 501s are considered to be the 66 style. 

Just a quick fit with my 051s.

26C5AD30-BE75-4B14-AB18-22BCAF87F531.jpeg