supertalk6
sufu1

SUPERTALK 6

is there no longer a button in a subforum at the thread that will bring me to the last unread post in the thread? instead of going to the stream and doing all that filter tinkering mentioned above?

back then, there used to be a button in front of a thread title that says "Go to first new post" or smth when you hover the cursor over it. and if there are no new unread replies, then this button will not be there.

speaking about laptop browser. for mobile, it used to just automatically bring you to the first new post when you click on a thread.

now when i visit a sub forum, i have to click on last post, and then scroll up and find my last read post manually, and read back down

Edited by nictan

6 hours ago, nictan said:

is there no longer a button in a subforum at the thread that will bring me to the last unread post in the thread? instead of going to the stream and doing all that filter tinkering mentioned above?

back then, there used to be a button in front of a thread title that says "Go to first new post" or smth when you hover the cursor over it. and if there are no new unread replies, then this button will not be there.

it's on the activity/unread stream... but missing on the forum subindex
we should be able to get it back

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 9.18.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 9.21.16 AM.png

yes the pictures above was what i was referring to. thank you.

hope to see it back soon, as I'm still more comfortable with the 'traditional' way of browsing via the sub-forums instead of using the activity stream so the missing 'first unread post' button is quite a big issue for me.

Edited by nictan

just updated some notification settings...
members should have a few more options of how to receive.
let me know if any issues

fyi... NOTIFICATIONS are HERE:
---------------------------------------------
[1] MANAGE FOLLOWED CONTENT
[2] CHANGE PREFERENCE

Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 6.25.10 PM.png

[3] SEND ME.......
- or click 'change how the notification is sent' for more OPTIONS

Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 6.25.30 PM.png

On 16.01.2017 at 4:02 AM, sufu1 said:

we suspect a lot of these things *might* be related to the indexing... there is lots of data crunching still going on.
 Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 10.52.26 AM.png

Hi, could you please post update on indexing, links to the particular posts still don't link to where they supposed to.

On 01.02.2017 at 9:47 AM, sufu1 said:

just updated some notification settings...
members should have a few more options of how to receive.
let me know if any issues

fyi... NOTIFICATIONS are HERE:
[1] MANAGE FOLLOWED CONTENT
[2] CHANGE PREFERENCE

--------------------------------------------
[3] SEND ME.......
- or click 'change how the notification is sent' for more OPTIONS

On screen popup notifications on click still link to other posts or threads

On 1/22/2017 at 7:17 AM, nictan said:

yes the pictures above was what i was referring to. thank you.

hope to see it back soon, as I'm still more comfortable with the 'traditional' way of browsing via the sub-forums instead of using the activity stream so the missing 'first unread post' button is quite a big issue for me.

Seconding that the unread post button is really nice as I often like to visit one or two particular threads and catch up chronologically rather than read the stream

On 1/22/2017 at 3:32 AM, nictan said:

speaking about laptop browser. for mobile, it used to just automatically bring you to the first new post when you click on a thread.

now when i visit a sub forum, i have to click on last post, and then scroll up and find my last read post manually, and read back down

On 2/10/2017 at 5:41 AM, Planetarium said:

Seconding that the unread post button is really nice as I often like to visit one or two particular threads and catch up chronologically rather than read the stream

UNREAD POST BUTTON FIXED 

I don't know if this is being worked on fixing, but the forum keeps timing out all the time! Almost every singel time i try to enter a page it times-out and I have to refresh a couple of times.

20 hours ago, Marw said:

I don't know if this is being worked on fixing, but the forum keeps timing out all the time! Almost every singel time i try to enter a page it times-out and I have to refresh a couple of times.

Can anyone else confirm this?