sufu1

SUPERTALK 6

54 minutes ago, mizzar said:

Could replicate every time, on numbers page and on previous next

windows 7 64bit chrome  55.0.2883.87

Also, line spacing is very off for me. as you can see.

ok. bumped this issue to the top of the bugs list [... updated on second post of this thread]
for line spacing - SHIFT-return is a temp fix - [at least on OSX]

12 hours ago, sufu1 said:

ok. bumped this issue to the top of the bugs list [... updated on second post of this thread]
for line spacing - SHIFT-return is a temp fix - [at least on OSX]

loading stuck is fixed for me as of now.
Shift-Enter is a temp fix for windows 7 too.
Thanks.

yep. temp fixed the loading issue... or at least found the javascript that was causing it...  
clicking topic title also now links to last post - which wasn't working properly before either.

On 07/01/2017 at 11:58 AM, scamster said:

jbanger it does send you to the last unread post of the thread but it takes some fettling of the settings; try under read status make sure unread item links takes me to the first unread comment is ticked.

thanks, found it but the settings won't stick and need to be reset every visit

On 07/01/2017 at 2:36 PM, kicks79 said:

Apologies for the ignorance but I do I get to the relevant settings ?

I can only find ones that relate to notifications. 

Many thanks. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 5.21.07 pm.png

have not tried this as I'm still playing around with this new upgrade but under the setting bar on the right there's a save as new stream button appear every time changes are made maybe this will make your chosen settings stick?

sufu1 could you confirm please?

also is there any way you can always go to the last post regardless if there is a unread post or not. at present if you wish to revisit a thread/stream and you've read all posts it currently takes back to very beginning unlike the previous version? seems to be working now?!?

Edited by scamster

@scamster I'm on the same learning curve as everyone else on much of the detailed functionality...

there should be a link to the help resources but can't  seem to locate it. that might explain a lot 

------

OK... found this...

https://invisionpower.com/4guides/how-to-use-ips-community-suite/member-preferences-and-features/managing-followed-content-r80/

Edited by sufu1

14 hours ago, scamster said:

have not tried this as I'm still playing around with this new upgrade but under the setting bar on the right there's a save as new stream button appear every time changes are made maybe this will make your chosen settings stick?

nope, hopefully fixed soon

Not sure if this has been documented already, but permalinks to comments no longer work (both new ones or old ones when you check someone's posting history).  This is huge as sufu is a treasure trove of archived information, and without permalinks to specific comments it's virtually inaccessible (only way is to manually go through each page?).

@clout

you looking for this?

unread content. its also on top nav on mobiles.

might be best to keep set to all content or if you click the cog icon you can specify specific forums and fine tune it. remember to apply changes....
UPDATE: you can then create different custom 'streams' by adding/saving them on top rhs button. then further saving as defaults. [some users saying this doesn't stick though is working on my OSX macbook]....EDIT: NOT WORKING !!

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 3.50.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 3.50.15 PM.png

5 hours ago, piece keeper said:

Not sure if this has been documented already, but permalinks to comments no longer work (both new ones or old ones when you check someone's posting history).  This is huge as sufu is a treasure trove of archived information, and without permalinks to specific comments it's virtually inaccessible (only way is to manually go through each page?).

no... hasn't been mentioned yet. do you have an example?  

13 hours ago, sufu1 said:

no... hasn't been mentioned yet. do you have an example?  

Sure.  For example when I go to my own profile and click this link:

http://www.screencast.com/t/k2kxtfhGx [1]

It goes to this URL, which should direct me to the exact comment:

https://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/116132-acronym/&page=300#comment-3237039 [2]

...but instead it just brings me to the top of the page:

http://www.screencast.com/t/aCaWwjyAnwW [3]

And actually that exact comment in [1] is not even on that page of the thread in [3].  Perhaps pagination is wonky right now?  

@piece keeper ... hmm. interesting. 
i smell something fishy with the links and redirects which might explain a few other mysterious wonks. ..  i've moved to the top of the bug list. [fyi –updated under the announcement... if anyone looking for latest bug statuses]

probably the same, but some threads (eg the what are you listening to thread) when you click on the time of the last post to go to it/the last page, it'll take you to some random page instead. only some threads though. latest chrome/dunno what firefox win 7/8/10.

Edited by CASSAVA PIECE

On 1/11/2017 at 6:00 AM, piece keeper said:

Sure.  For example when I go to my own profile and click this link:

http://www.screencast.com/t/k2kxtfhGx [1]

It goes to this URL, which should direct me to the exact comment:

https://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/116132-acronym/&page=300#comment-3237039 [2]

...but instead it just brings me to the top of the page:

http://www.screencast.com/t/aCaWwjyAnwW [3]

And actually that exact comment in [1] is not even on that page of the thread in [3].  Perhaps pagination is wonky right now?  

@piece keeper via techs:  ------>  

This appears to be working correctly for me, http://take.ms/lw5zK . When I click on a date it brings me to that exact comment. Can you test this out? It might be because it was rebuilding still, but it seems like its currently re-indexing posts ATM. Please test on other users as well.

---------------

looking at your links wondering if it might be because you are viewing on the default rather than superfuture theme - which might have different settings...

---------------

FYI - posts still re-indexing [1 week in ;-)]
Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 12.11.17 PM.png

On 1/7/2017 at 0:28 PM, scamster said:

also have to ask what is this bored tag that i have like brick dom been here a while and seem eternity stuck on it?

@scamster it's some retro throwback to supertalk 1 or 2 somehow locked forever into some random database table... :-[] ...but just checked and you should be able to change it in your profile settings... if not, supermods can change it. 

Links on rep notifications also not working properly,
When i click on one, it loads not the post im repped but other page of the topic. 

12 minutes ago, mizzar said:

Links on rep notifications also not working properly,
When i click on one, it loads not the post im repped but other page of the topic. 

we suspect a lot of these things *might* be related to the indexing... there is lots of data crunching still going on.
 Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 10.52.26 AM.png

On 07/01/2017 at 11:58 AM, scamster said:

jbanger it does send you to the last unread post of the thread but it takes some fettling of the settings; try under read status make sure unread item links takes me to the first unread comment is ticked.

this still doesn't stick (for me at least) any updates?

3 hours ago, jbanger said:

this still doesn't stick (for me at least) any updates?

the techs are watching this one as it's one of the last unresolved issues. 

theory A is that it might sort out once everything finishes getting indexed... [almost done] EDIT:  INDEXING JUST COMPLETED ... so try now and see if that made any difference...?
theory B is that it's some missing links. for example 'content posted in areas i follow' is not showing from before the update on january 5.  NOW WORKING FOR ME...  i can see all the threads i have posted in - that i also follow - back to 2007. 

@jbanger  i just looked and the custom stream i created the other day is appearing so has 'stuck'.... i accessed it via the menu activity -> my activity streams -> custom streams.   

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 10.52.46 PM.png

so this custom stream looks like this....

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 10.49.22 PM.png

@jbanger if you click this icon it should turn to green. then it should stick as your default... 

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 4.22.57 PM.png   

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 4.23.21 PM.png

18 hours ago, sufu1 said:

@jbanger if you click this icon it should turn to green. then it should stick as your default... 

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 4.22.57 PM.png   

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 4.23.21 PM.png

Awesome, thanks @sufu1 

Is there a way to go to unread content and limit the results to a specific subforum (e.g., superdenim)?

Alternatively, is there a way within a subforum to highlight threads with new content and provide a link to first unread post?

Yeah, seconding that.  If I have to use the stream to do what the old forum would do, that's fine, but I would prefer to limit the stream to forums I'm interested in.

Edited by denihilist
typo