sufu1

SUPERTALK 6

ok. made it to the others side...!!

in the end this happened much faster than expected...

welcome to supertalk 6...
the site will NOT be at full functionality at re-launch. it may take a few days till all modules are up and running.

lots of tweaking to do over new few days but post on this thread any FEEDBACK / BUGS etc etc
yes - those announcements are from OLD 5.0 update but somehow cannot figure out how to delete them?!

also a lot of background data rebuilding going on as well so site might be slow over next week or so.... 

ALSO login using your MOBILE or TABLET. supertalk now works seamlessly on all devices.  

all good for now...

major bugs....
NONE so far... huh?

ah we found one....! bumping this up to the top...
1. page number navigation + previous and next buttons often link to [a blank page or page displaying the 300x250 ad.] rather than destination and hang.             

- see detailed posts in this thread]. mainly FIREFOX SAFARI [reported] and WINDOWS 7 CHROME
- suspect it is calling some dodgy code - noticed 'doubleclick' on the dialog bar.

TEMP FIXED.
... or at least found the javascript that was causing it...

related......
2. clicking topic title and jumping to the last unread post on a thread seems to go to random page -->  maybe just need to adjust user settings to show most recent at top[?]  
FIXED. now links to LAST UNREAD POST

minor bugs
1. old 5.0 announcement lists to be deleted FIXED
2. ads on mobile are pushing out the nav and will be deleted  FIXED
3. user stats plug-ins not yet fired up  FIXED
4. one cannot tell difference between unread topic and read one --> just needs a css tweak. unbold the topic title /bold when new post.
5. spacing issue on profile bit FIXED
6. tablet - spacing width issue on tablets in landscape view when 728 ad displaying.
7. mobile - theres a 728 ad pushing out the layout on 'ALL ACTIVITY'  THINK FIXED
8. hitting 'return' creates a double line spacing. [in the meantime --> SHIFT-return is a fix on OSX or SHIFT-enter on windows7]
9. Z-index on popups. 
10. encoding issue on usernames and topic titles. might be font related [?]

11. reported issue on log-in with username with '@' '&' and spaces. 

next stage fixes...
1. font fine-tuning
2. final trawl of micro css fixes
3. advanced rep comments [repcom] needs to be re-coded. need to track down the original dev for this one... [in poland]

no real bugs discovered on ipad in both horizontal and vertical modes.

[01] when giving rep, l was not asked about the note and reputation score

[02] personally don't like the circle mask on avatars, looks mainstream and l do not understand why anyone wanted to restrict users or make their avatars cropped badly or have most of them update it

[03] one cannot tell difference between unread topic and read one. the bold typeface was huge help. maybe there is a icon or something but l missed it.

honestly, each "upgrade" over the years has typically resulted in a significantly worse posting experience in addition to many formerly active users calling it a day altogether. i hope i'm wrong this time around.

58 minutes ago, danii said:

no real bugs discovered on ipad in both horizontal and vertical modes.

[01] when giving rep, l was not asked about the note and reputation score

yes. that was a custom add-on we got a developer to do - that needs to be re-made cos it the code is now out of date....  it still on the priority list. 

[02] personally don't like the circle mask on avatars, looks mainstream and l do not understand why anyone wanted to restrict users or make their avatars cropped badly or have most of them update it

i had the option of using either square or circle and went for circle for a change - but i think your point is a good reason to switch back to square.... which i just did. [it's easy to toggle between either so lets see if any other reactions?

[03] one cannot tell difference between unread topic and read one. the bold typeface was huge help. maybe there is a icon or something but l missed it.

yep. saw that... should be an easy fix. 

thx!

and btw... here's a nice plug-in i found  when you click on post reply totals..... it gives you total posts...  
;-)Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 5.29.36 PM.png

1 hour ago, conqueror said:

honestly, each "upgrade" over the years has typically resulted in a significantly worse posting experience in addition to many formerly active users calling it a day altogether. i hope i'm wrong this time around.

totally agree.... 
as you all know  [!] i really am no fan of upgrading - as the amount of things that can go wrong is mind-boggling.  but in this case it was completely warranted...
namely due to:
1. the forum software maker was phasing out support for the previous IPS 3 in april this year - so i really left this till last possible moment [and it still took 6 months to get this far]... we would have been completely fucked if we ran into issues from then.  just check out some of the big forums that stayed on vbulletin - plenty just got wiped out.
2. google algorithm changes over past 18 months have seen google referrals to superfuture completely crash. google doesn't like forums but especially ones which aren't fully responsive or SSL friendly.... in theory this upgrade will reverse all of that. 
3. the mobile and tablet versions of this upgrade are pretty clean [and will only get better with newer future upgrades]... almost 40% of traffic was mobile b4 this upgrade so it is only going to be more mobile in future...
plus a dozen other reasons...

anyway - it think its a pretty smooth transition from the previous one and should be intuitive to learn. and i do think this one is clean as can be...
[still more tweaks and plugs in to add]

the last upgrade was november 2011 so supertalk 5 had a pretty long run and was getting a bit tech antique....

lets see. 
no riot so far
[!?] ;-)

How do we jump to the last unread post on a thread.

Can't seem to be able to do that ?

3 minutes ago, kicks79 said:

yeh.. it seems to default to a random page within topic... i'm sure there is probably some simple fix...

hey thanks that was superfast!

[04] clicking superfuture logo takes me to superfuture.com / it used to be supertalk

[05] some z-index fix needs to be done in settings

sufu6.png

[06] I had a notification on the chat so I clicked and got this pop-up (that needs to be resized)

sufu6-2.png

[07] superfuture x loopwheeler t-shirt needs new edition:)

Edited by danii
[06], [07]

one thing that I miss is the little arrow that showed up on the right side of a thread's title on the main forum page. When you clicked it, you could read a few lines of the first and last unread post in that thread. that was really helpful for skimming through new posts if I hadn't checked a forum in a few days.

4 minutes ago, chicote said:

one thing that I miss is the little arrow that showed up on the right side of a thread's title on the main forum page. When you clicked it, you could read a few lines of the first and last unread post in that thread. that was really helpful for skimming through new posts if I hadn't checked a forum in a few days.

there are a ton of small plug-ins like this for functionality - and if it was on previous version then someone might have made a new version for this one...[?]
if you come across or want to suggest stuff have a look here:
https://invisionpower.com/files/

this versions has made it a lot easier to add third party stuff.... 

please remove the auto-kick from the chat for idling, theres no point really in joining if i can't idle in there for longer than ~10mins without being auto kicked

1 hour ago, e0d9n0b5 said:

please remove the auto-kick from the chat for idling, theres no point really in joining if i can't idle in there for longer than ~10mins without being auto kicked

it was set at 30 mins. changed it to 120.
if it suddenly gets busy it might need to change back - but can't see that happening right now... 

8 minutes ago, sufu1 said:

it was set at 30 mins. changed it to 120.
if it suddenly gets busy it might need to change back - but can't see that happening right now... 

thanks!

6 hours ago, leg said:

Please bring back Helvetica, at least for body text. Aktiv Grotesk is great typeface, but it just doesn't work on content heavy websites with small body font size.

after solid 12 hours looking at supertalk yesterday my eyeballs are finding it hard to even render the sufu logo.
i am tending to agree with you - though worth noting that it looks slightly different on different monitors / browsers.... so it's about  getting balance right. 

what browser are you using? safari?  [the page actually isn't rendering perfectly on the search box on your screenshot] .

anyway - to me AG looks good on chrome - desktop [macbook] but looking bit too light on mobile especially.
i'll try and test out on the sandbox site and do some comparisons.
the default helvetica theme font css [for body] is probably the one to follow....
might end up with 2 theme options...

just need some fine tune tweaking time 

On Chrome on a PC, every time I try to navigate to a new page in a thread, I get a "loading" pop up, but the new page never actually load. I can manage to get there by reloading the entire page (ie. pressing ctrl + R), but still a little annoying. 

3 minutes ago, Kasper said:

On Chrome on a PC, every time I try to navigate to a new page in a thread, I get a "loading" pop up, but the new page never actually load. I can manage to get there by reloading the entire page (ie. pressing ctrl + R), but still a little annoying. 

hmm. maybe let us know chrome version and PC spec... that might be a bug we need to ask techs. 

25 minutes ago, sufu1 said:

hmm. maybe let us know chrome version and PC spec... that might be a bug we need to ask techs. 

Version 55.0.2883.87 m (which Chrome tells me is up to date). On Windows 7

Here's what I see

SuFu.png

20 hours ago, sufu1 said:

5. one cannot tell difference between unread topic and read one --> needs a css tweak

Just voicing my support for fixing this—one of the most important features for me and the first thing I noticed when I came to the site today. Congrats on the launch though!

it's 2.30am here. just home after a trashy night and at least 10'vodka red bulls... will def get back to you. !!//

not explicity related to the upgrade but I been on here for over 6 years and I'm still semibored lol. I think I'm beyond semibored at this point :^)

Upgrade is gonna take some getting used to but I do agree it is nicer on mobile than before

On 05/01/2017 at 6:31 PM, kicks79 said:

yep, would be nice to click on header and automatically go to last unread post like other forums do?

when clicking on the last page it just forwards me to an ad which i'm guessing is some kind of bug?

Edited by jbanger

jbanger it does send you to the last unread post of the thread but it takes some fettling of the settings; try under read status make sure unread item links takes me to the first unread comment is ticked.

sufu1 i'm with the others on here that wish helvetica makes a return, also have to ask what is this bored tag that i have like brick dom been here a while and seem eternity stuck on it?

Edited by scamster

2 hours ago, scamster said:

jbanger it does send you to the last unread post of the thread but it takes some fettling of the settings; try under read status make sure unread item links takes me to the first unread comment is ticked.

sufu1 i'm with the others on here that wish helvetica makes a return, also have to ask what is this bored tag that i have like brick dom been here a while and seem eternity stuck on it?

Apologies for the ignorance but I do I get to the relevant settings ?

I can only find ones that relate to notifications. 

Many thanks. 

I think its a bug where its loading the page and never finishes. Does the same thing for me :(

1 hour ago, conqueror said:

when i click 'last page' it goes to a blank page (regardless of the thread).

1 hour ago, kicks79 said:

I think its a bug where its loading the page and never finishes. Does the same thing for me :(

you mean the [>>] on the page number nav ? 

what browsers and sys u both on?

just trying to locate and replicate the issue...

50 minutes ago, sufu1 said:

you mean the [>>] on the page number nav ? 

what browsers and sys u both on?

just trying to locate and replicate the issue...

yes. happens for me using osx in both safari and firefox.

it works for me on
- OSX chrome
- safari Version 10.0.2 (10602.3.12.0.1) 

but i did replicate the issue on 
- FIREFOX 50.1.0 
though it did work most of the time... but jammed when i clicked 'previous post'
it seems to get stuck trying to load a link...

ok. will add this to the bugs list.
thx for locating! 

2 hours ago, sufu1 said:

it works for me on
- OSX chrome
- safari Version 10.0.2 (10602.3.12.0.1) 

but i did replicate the issue on 
- FIREFOX 50.1.0 
though it did work most of the time... but jammed when i clicked 'previous post'
it seems to get stuck trying to load a link...

ok. will add this to the bugs list.
thx for locating! 

Could replicate every time, on numbers page and on previous next

windows 7 64bit chrome  55.0.2883.87

Also, line spacing is very off for me. as you can see.

Edited by mizzar