Why would you tuck a sweatshirt 

8 hours ago, MasonAlexander said:

Tuck or not?

Stetson

Knickerbocker

TCB

Broken Homme / Jack Purcell in 2nd photo

Snapseed.jpg

because it can change the way the bottom pieces are perceived - here it changes the proportions and creates a very specific look.

I would say this ensemble does work fine together.

4 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

because it can change the way the bottom pieces are perceived - here it changes the proportions and creates a very specific look.

I would say this ensemble does work fine together.

8 hours ago, Cucoo said:

Why would you tuck a sweatshirt 

Basically what Foxy said. The sweatshirt was a little bit of a longer cut for my short torso, and I kind of felt that with these pants it was making me look like I was only 3 and a half feet tall. 

That, but I also am just trying to experent a little with trying different fits of things. I think there is some real cool looks out there that perhaps are a result slight unconventional wear of a piece

(that and maybe I saw a cool Japanese guy do it hahaha)

6 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

This right here. @MasonAlexander has proportions similar to my own - most of our height is in our legs, but it's not wildly disproportionate. Tucking in the sweatshirt highlights the jeans in such a nice way, since they sit closer to his natural waist anyway.

So my vote is for tuck!

I would always vote for tuck, ALWAYS. I tuck my t shirt in my underwear, then tuck my shirt in my jeans.
This what Mamma thaught me when I was 6 yrs old, still do it now, and well proud of it :D

Seriously though, tucked in gives you better proportions (you look taller) but that sweat is too bulky to be tucked in IMO. I thought the fit you posted a few days ago with a cream shirt tucked in the high rise jeans was great. Quite a statement but you definitely have the stature for it!

^

tuck, tuck, tuck

agreeing once more on that cream shirt tuck: most resolutely on point

2018 will be the year of it for me!

i think mason's tucking research will put him in great stead for the 20s (and rly enjoying the shifts between hats - fkkyh)

i have opposite problem

lanky, pot belly

tucking contours me belly just too much

and then tuck always pops out

unless is something really designed for tucking

(once had the most amazing half-placket shirt with the most long tails from earlier half of 20th cent. - but fabric became too too worn to wear any more)

tuck coverings are most preciously sought for myself: triple pleat will be the winter version, considering universal works vest for summer, but on look out for something with a napoleon pocket; liek the rising sun or post overalls... 

8 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

i have opposite problem

lanky, pot belly

tucking contours me belly just too much

here's a solution for you (and me!) 

works a charm also to prevent those deadly whiffs of cold air... #nothunderdownunder :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by volvo240thebest

2 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

That sweat is too bulky to be tucked in IMO. I thought the fit you posted a few days ago with a cream shirt tucked in the high rise jeans was great.

Well, this is what I meant... Sure, tucking shirts but tucking a bulky sweat just seems strange to me ;)

On 11/11/2017 at 4:10 AM, cander49 said:

Cigar shell indy + IH quadruple indigo: 18oz indigo 555 , tonal stitch indigo western, and double indigo duck type III. Just a tad ridiculous. :)

01363A1D-AFD9-4949-BBDB-09E548AF6AE2.png

I miss bill ... :(

On 2017/11/17 at 12:24 AM, MasonAlexander said:

Tuck or not?

Stetson

Knickerbocker

TCB

Broken Homme / Jack Purcell in 2nd photo

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Tucking out looks better to me......

Edited by Naoto Ver.2

Sorry it's kinda low-res and far away. Someday I'll convince someone with a decent camera to take pics of me.

Vintage Lee Storm Rider

Army surplus sweater

Left Field Black Maria Greaser (15 oz Xinjiang) 

Eat Dust/ Red Wing Collab Pecos

IMG_8810.thumb.JPG.f4c16114e7d355e2ba9099c9ba3b0760.JPG