WAYWT (denim version) 2017

volvo240thebest

+

[probably wrong thread to put this, but...]

for those who appreciate pix of the real oldies

for those who don't know (I know many here have seen them) 

user under name of buler has been delivering the utter motherload of archival images on the denimbro forum here

at least 19 pages of pure excellence onwards from that web-link

one of those attached in harmony with pic above: a white double pleat [in same style as pre-type 1 triple pleat] (undated)

001.png

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

4 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

disrespecting the no white after labour day rule

exploring paul t's observation that earliest rivetted trousers were white cotton duck

pairing some sturdy tender duck pants with lvc triple pleat for 1870s-ish feels

IMG_3591.JPG

Lol I never believed in that whole "can't wear white after Labor Day" myth.  Seen both Japanese and American bikers wearing white pants as well.  Outfit looks great!

3 hours ago, Cucoo said:

I don't know what that means :D

I believe that the lad is insinuating that your appearance in that photograph gives the impression that you partake in the hooligan activity known as 'skateboarding' and have sufficient skill such that you are able to perform the maneuver known as a 'slash grind' in which you ride your skateboard up the wall of an empty swimming pool and position the 'trucks' of your skateboard onto the lip of the pool and 'grind' your trucks against the lip of the pool.

Anyway, here are some recent pics :P

ED4CcOU.jpg

Himel jacket, Ooe Yofukuten shirt, Leroy jeans, John Lofgren boots

8Ih1sAh.jpg

RMC A2 and henley, Conner's Sewing Factory jeans, Clinch boots

BVVB2eq.jpg

Conner's Sewing Factory jacket, Masterson's shirt, Hollows belt, Roy all ducks, Clinch boots

8 hours ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I believe that the lad is insinuating that your appearance in that photograph gives the impression that you partake in the hooligan activity known as 'skateboarding' and have sufficient skill such that you are able to perform the maneuver known as a 'slash grind' in which you ride your skateboard up the wall of an empty swimming pool and position the 'trucks' of your skateboard onto the lip of the pool and 'grind' your trucks against the lip of the pool.

I see :D