WAYWT (denim version) 2017

volvo240thebest

Not a pant but a jacket today. I was searching for a good type 2. After visiting BerBerJin and Marvin's and dreamin' about the real Levi's I got myself a visvim for the price of a TCB.

Not impressed by the denim, but the construction is perfect and the cut is exactly what I wanted! I don't really like the dropped shoulders look of the Levi's.

IMG_6137.thumb.JPG.9d034857ff27eb935244c78a0cffe983.JPGIMG_6136.thumb.JPG.c387c677d8bb9beb417ac66676c2b54f.JPG

Visvim/Drapeau noir/ Samurai / Visvim / Paraboots

1 hour ago, volvo240thebest said:

those cheaneys are simply gorgeus @bartlebyyphonics... did I hear banjo? where's the banjo? peasant musical instrument if ever there was one...

thnx dear sir! i have a strict no boot in summer policy after some nasty trench foot-ish summers

now when i return to boots it is with much joy, hence my monotonous posting

banjo is indeed the instrument of hillbilly heroes

using the term for the jangling button clash that keeps me wearing those ol' shite jackets

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

14 hours ago, Collin said:

Not a pant but a jacket today. I was searching for a good type 2. After visiting BerBerJin and Marvin's and dreamin' about the real Levi's I got myself a visvim for the price of a TCB.

Not impressed by the denim, but the construction is perfect and the cut is exactly what I wanted! I don't really like the dropped shoulders look of the Levi's.

Those vis type II fits spot on Collin

On 7/23/2017 at 11:25 PM, Coolguyzack said:

This is definitely not from today, probably around a week and a half ago. While touring Europe with my university's choir, we took a day off and got to hike up to a glacial lake near Briançon, France. And I was totally eating a baguette.

SugarCane 60s

TJcf7mq.jpg

Slow Down...Eat Baguette...Smile

15 hours ago, MasonAlexander said:

Just started trying to wear my TCB type 2 a little more again, I had been mostly avoiding it because I was finding that it looked to long on me. What do you guys think?

i blurt ranted about proportion some pages back; go with what you love is my (sapphic, non platonic) motto. 

i personally seek out long jackets (hence my chore jacket postings) because of body shape / size. if making judgement; would say yr type2 works with layers but not with just a simpe tee

looking good overall sirrah

@ Mason,

I agree with bartlebyy, you should wear it. I deliberately sought out a slightly longer Type 2 (Eternal) as:

1) I thought it was more appropriate for a gentleman of my vintage and 

2) I wanted to avoid the Colonel Abrams/Christopher Dean bolero look

6 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

@MasonAlexander looks fine to me with the sweat, even with an untucked shirt should work well too.

today

s6ghbjC.jpg

• tcb 30s
  • tcb 50s
  • white's SD

yesterday

qGA7Ahu.jpg

• tcb seaman
  • tcb 50s
  • excelsior

I like the contrast on this outfit between the Seamen and 50s with the shoes..

Edited by mlwdp

great outfits on this page so far!

@MasonAlexander - it's a bit difficult to assess the length in the picture with the sweat, but I guess I can understand why you think it might be too long. go for a shorter one if it continues to bother you.

@bartlebyyphonics - love the PostOveralls!

@volvo240thebest - great style with ease - as always!