WAYWT (denim version) 2017

volvo240thebest

Someone get me some popcorn. Jesus Christ. You don't need to compete with others in regards to how big your wardrobe is... Nor do you have to have multiple clothing items to post on the WAYWT thread. Personally, I don't care if you wear the same shit every day. I pretty much do, which is why I feel like I don't need to post here very often. However, (like others have pointed out) some of us do post very similar outfits each time. I don't find them monotonous because there's usually a different setting/background, and I believe you could do the same to change it up a little.

I also don't think people appreciate you making assumptions about their spending habits and labelling them as such. No votes need to be cast as to whether you should stay or not, nor do I think anyone "sticking-up" for you will suddenly alter our opinions. Can we just stick to talking about things relevant to denim and not post for the sake of posting?

Have people been feeding the bear?

By the way, on the PC version of Superfuture you could hover your pointer on someone's username, and an 'ignore' option will come up.

44 minutes ago, mikecch said:

Have people been feeding the bear?

By the way, on the PC version of Superfuture you could hover your pointer on someone's username, and an 'ignore' option will come up.

16 minutes ago, mondo said:

^ also true for Mac—well spotted

Thank you not!

1 hour ago, propellerbeanie said:

Someone get me some popcorn. Jesus Christ. You don't need to compete with others in regards to how big your wardrobe is... Nor do you have to have multiple clothing items to post on the WAYWT thread. Personally, I don't care if you wear the same shit every day. I pretty much do, which is why I feel like I don't need to post here very often. However, (like others have pointed out) some of us do post very similar outfits each time. I don't find them monotonous because there's usually a different setting/background, and I believe you could do the same to change it up a little.

I also don't think people appreciate you making assumptions about their spending habits and labelling them as such. No votes need to be cast as to whether you should stay or not, nor do I think anyone "sticking-up" for you will suddenly alter our opinions. Can we just stick to talking about things relevant to denim and not post for the sake of posting?

Yes I'm here to talk about 

denim, jeans, boots , leather etc etc

ok?

5 hours ago, shoreman said:

Correct.

Don't worry, I've grown up!

Buzz chambray is great. I will sure get another one for the closet sometimes soon. The location is right beside my house. That's no 19 I live at number 20 same street.

Edited by volvo240thebest

@MasonAlexander I'm in the same predicament haha every time I see a solid full cut I get super itchy to try and throw one into my rotation, but having a small frame and not being very tall it seems to just make me seem shorter haha! 

That said, I do have a pair of Warehouse 1001's I've worn a couple times, might try to get those back into the lineup, especially now that it's going to start warming up....or you'll see them for sale in the market!

2 hours ago, MasonAlexander said:

I am quite envious of this outfit. Very good. Your posts since I have joined have almost single handedly made me want to order a pant that isnt slim.. almost 

Yeah I feel like the sc1947 fit differently on everyone for some odd reason. I too have seen both wide and slim wears of the denim, including myself with them as wide.

Edited by mlwdp

10 minutes ago, mrman said:

@dudewuttheheck As you have both Lofgrens and Clinch, how would you compare them fitwise? Do you wear same size on both? Which last are those Clinch engineers in? Do you have experience comparing their other lasts? Thanks!

They are quite different in terms of sizing. I am a US10. In the Lofgrens, I have a 10, but could have very easily done a 9.5 and probably technically should have. The Clinch I have are in the Classic Narrow last which is very small. I have a Clinch size 11 in those which equates to a US10. The Lofgrens are also very roomy and comfortable in general due to the last and possibly due to the relatively pliable chromexcel leather. The Clinch are quite snug due to the tight last and in my case, the extremely tough and thick Latigo leather.

They are honestly a completely different experience and I really love that. 

36 minutes ago, mrman said:

Thanks! Btw, where/how did you pick up the Clinch? Seems that they are very hard to find. Pancho and Lefty have some but my sizes are always out of stock...

Wolfpack sells Clinch.

Sorry for the exposure, the colors are a bit off and I'm also bad at editing photo :)

58f72383985d9_IMG_52772.thumb.jpg.bb468e99dac3e5e308eaf509b509fd37.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_5278.thumb.jpg.61d91dc5026e04e77313e9893661ef91.jpg

VSVM

TFH

PARABOOTS

EDIT : @GregoryH @MasonAlexander go for a full cut ! My flat head is the 3005 is a straight fit with almost no taper and I think it looks great, even if I'm 170 centimeters high for 60 kilograms. In my opinion the length play a big role. If my jeans had stacks on the shoes it would certainly look really big, but since it's on the short size with no break the leg opening looks smaller which works better.

Edited by Collin
added advices for fellow camarads

13 hours ago, MasonAlexander said:

I am quite envious of this outfit. Very good. Your posts since I have joined have almost single handedly made me want to order a pant that isnt slim.. almost 

You're slim but your thighs and hips don't look to be super tiny. I think you could fit well many different kind of cuts, including a nice loose pair.
Hold on til september and jump on the TCB 20's contest!

I don't think how tall you are really matters. What you feel comfortable in or what you think looks good on you is probably mostly based on what you're used to. If you grew up wearing tapered pants, anything cut "fuller" or maybe even only straight will take time getting used to, and vice versa. I spent my teenage years mostly in bootcut jeans, even before I dived into raw denim it took me some time to start appreciating a straight or slim-straight silhouette with smaller leg openings. Regarding wider cuts, I tried some and personally I just don't like the look (on me!). 

@Collin - fit looks good and honestly, letting the cuff down for a small break over your shoes would not make it look "too big". But, again, it's about what you personally feel looks best. To play with proportions you certainly don't have to fit a certain body type. Just look at Japanese high fashion, 20s cut has got nothing on how big and flowy trousers can get and it's thin and tiny dudes rocking those outfits.

8 minutes ago, Cucoo said:

I don't think how tall you are really matters. What you feel comfortable in or what you think looks good on you is probably mostly based on what you're used to. If you grew up wearing tapered pants, anything cut "fuller" or maybe even only straight will take time getting used to, and vice versa. I spent my teenage years mostly in bootcut jeans, even before I dived into raw denim it took me some time to start appreciating a straight or slim-straight silhouette with smaller leg openings. Regarding wider cuts, I tried some and personally I just don't like the look (on me!). 

@Collin - fit looks good and honestly, letting the cuff down for a small break over your shoes would not make it look "too big". But, again, it's about what you personally feel looks best. To play with proportions you certainly don't have to fit a certain body type. Just look at Japanese high fashion, 20s cut has got nothing on how big and flowy trousers can get and it's thin and tiny dudes rocking those outfits.

true it mostly depends on getting used to. with wide jeans to me the "problem" is that many shoes look bad, they're not as versatile as a regular/slim straight cut. Once I got  into wider cuts I had to buy a couple boots that look good with them too. My old Trickers and other English country boots look silly with anything which has a hem width wider than 22,5 cm as the jeans "eat" the shoes. Sometimes cuffing shorter and with no break solves the problem. Bigger boots like Iron Rangers and engineer boots look great with wide hems. For smaller guys I do think that a slightly highwater cuff helps a bit to keep better proportions.

41 minutes ago, Cucoo said:

It's true that not every shoe works with every cut, in reverse chunky boots can look like silly clown shoes with skinny jeans...

I forgot the name of the member here but there was a guy who use to post in this thread that wore slim jeans with Smokejumpers.  He didn't look too bad.