WAYWT (denim version) 2017

volvo240thebest

6 hours ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I would say that most of my pants fit in to the slim or straight leg category. I have 3 pairs of MFSC pants and none of those could fit into anything below a slim straight category. I think my butt and thighs are the culprit that make it look I am wearing slimmer pants than I am. Those Garrison pants are a perfect example. Johnb from DB looks like he is wearing a straight fit in his Garrisons, but I look like I am wearing a much slimmer pants because... Well let's just say I fill then out more than he does haha.

Anyway, I'll move on after now revealing they I am in fact a try-hard.

Volvo, my jacket costing as much as your car makes me feel even worse because you don't have a car, you technically own a tank :D

you nailed the question to the head there. you seem to have big thighs, so your jeans trousers look slimmer than they really are. Anyhoo from you write it seems clear that you've done your fair bit of research on this! If you feel you couldn't do without a bit of taper I'd say the Ues 400T would suit you extremely well. Even for a scientific point of view only have a look at 400T measurements! For my own personal and very idiosyncratic taste something like SC47's or TCB50's cuffed clean and short with no break would be even better, but you seem to know what you want quite well.

Keep on the "try hard" thing! you've got great style and good taste on matching your pieces.

IHSH-76

SExIH-633S

IMG_1763.JPG

That TS looks legit.  I always have had troubles writing the letter S for artistic purposes:blush: also I've never heard of the brand Orgueil and it looks like a dope brand and what are those extra buttons on the inside of the waistband, are they for braces?  

Edited by serotonin flood

13 hours ago, dudewuttheheck said:

Too skinny makes me look out of proportion while too loose makes me look even wider and quite sloppy as well. I have partially cured this by always cuffing and making sure that my pants never have any break at all.

those roys are your best fitting pants i reckon. do you mind sharing measurements? i know they're no longer available, but might be good reference for when he releases his next jeans (i want a fit like that).

cheers, dude!

36 minutes ago, oomslokop said:

those roys are your best fitting pants i reckon. do you mind sharing measurements? i know they're no longer available, but might be good reference for when he releases his next jeans (i want a fit like that).

cheers, dude!

Thanks! I think it is a tie between my Roys and my Ooes for best fit personally and now after measuring them, realize they measure nearly EXACTLY the same, minus the fact that I don't have them cuffed as short. They are at 26.5" length vs. the 25.5" length of the Roys, which sort of explains what you pointed out a little while ago on denimbro :D . The only difference is that the Ooes are just slightly slimmer in the knee The Roys were a second hand pickup that turned out to be PERFECT!

Measurements (inches):

waist: 33

front rise: 12

rear rise: 16

thigh: 12.5

knee (11inches down): 9

hem: 8.35

length with them cuffed how I wear them: 25.5

7 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

you nailed the question to the head there. you seem to have big thighs, so your jeans trousers look slimmer than they really are. Anyhoo from you write it seems clear that you've done your fair bit of research on this! If you feel you couldn't do without a bit of taper I'd say the Ues 400T would suit you extremely well. Even for a scientific point of view only have a look at 400T measurements! For my own personal and very idiosyncratic taste something like SC47's or TCB50's cuffed clean and short with no break would be even better, but you seem to know what you want quite well.

Keep on the "try hard" thing! you've got great style and good taste on matching your pieces.

Yeah the thigh and seat are always the big issue areas for me. The Ues are close, but I think the thigh may be a bit large and the rise is a bit short for my current tastes. The TCBs are almost certainly too large for me. I would have to try something like that on before going in on them. I have never worn something over a 9in hem. I'll be in Japan this summer though so maybe I can check them out!

thanks for that @dudewuttheheck! yeah i think the looser knee makes a big difference. i like it when there is a perfectly tailored taper from knee to hem. not too aggressive but also not too straight that it (can look like it) flares down the bottom (think roy's early jeans or pbj xoo7). actually most of iron heart's jeans have it, though they don't advertise it that much.

16 hours ago, aho said:

^love BigHeadTaco and bought a Fuji because of one of his reviews long ago :P

Take "Taco" is super dope.

12 hours ago, serotonin flood said:

That TS looks legit.  I always have had troubles writing the letter S for artistic purposes:blush: also I've never heard of the brand Orgueil and it looks like a dope brand and what are those extra buttons on the inside of the waistband, are they for braces?  

Orgueil is a line we get from the guys at Studio D'Artisan. It's cool stuff, a little more of an old school tailored look, more 3 piece suits and lighter fabrics that don't seem to fit into the regular Studio line up. The buttons on the insides are for suspenders. That "S"... I agree they suck. I actually started this one backwards and it seemed to work. 

2 hours ago, oomslokop said:

thanks for that @dudewuttheheck! yeah i think the looser knee makes a big difference. i like it when there is a perfectly tailored taper from knee to hem. not too aggressive but also not too straight that it (can look like it) flares down the bottom (think roy's early jeans or pbj xoo7). actually most of iron heart's jeans have it, though they don't advertise it that much.

Yeah a lot of Iron Heart jeans do have that issue. I have no idea why people like the 666 fit so much

IHSH-76

IHSH-101BC

IH-777S-21

Aldo

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

Edited by fadez
Screwed up photos.

Its been snow storming and freezing rain here for almost 3 days now but it cleared for a little while today so I went out to check out everything that was frozen. Turned out to be a beautiful little evening. Not the best photo for a fit picture, but good enough !

Blackboard Cafe beanie

The Flathead

Sugar Cane jacket

Sugar Cane

Red Wing

IMG_5894.PNG

I usually never take a photo before work because well.. my work clothes are just old skateboard clothes and not that cool but the TCB bush pants were looking to good to not post today. These are by far my favourite fitting pants, if I could find an identical fit without the big pockets, Id be the happiest denim nerd alive

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg