WAYWT (denim version) 2017

volvo240thebest

Shirt: Taylor Stitch glacier shirt

Pants: Railcar Fine Goods x Mildblend

Boots: Alden

I think I got these Railcars in August of 2015. They've been babied with only about a month of hard wear at work and then mostly weekend wear here and there as I started to accumulate other pairs rather quickly. Probably somewhere around 3-4 months of actual wear on them. They're very comfy and Railcar's construction is top notch. 

IMG_9649.JPG

2 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

I wouldn't worry, you still have room to shrink further and the jacket will stretch back with wear. Give it a 30 degree then, the agitation in the washing machine makes the difference. if you wash 30 degrees then you can still decide to wash again at hotter temperature or keep it as is, but then you must always wash at 30 degrees..

Youve convinced me. Its in the wash as we speak !

27 minutes ago, Hendsch said:

My two cents on that jacket, wash it, dry it, it will stretch back out and hold its color like crazy. I've had mine just about one year and it's seen the inside of a wash/dryer more than I can remember. 

Any photos of yours around? Would love to have a look

Put another wash into my TCB jacket last night, deffinitely shrunk up some more. It is feeling a little tight with a sweater layered under it right now which I feel is giving it kind of a "bulky" look or something but I think if it opens back up a little and softens a little it will be the perfect fit.

New York Hat Co

StrikeGold Tshirt

Shit black hoodie

TCB jacket

LVC

Broken Homme

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Just got a pair of the momotaro 0306Vs. Tight tapered fits like a charm. 

muji parker from sales

old united arrows beauty & youth knit sweater

momotaro 0306v 

apc derby

IMG_8913.JPG

IMG_8912.JPG

Edited by Mr.Su

15 hours ago, MasonAlexander said:

Put another wash into my TCB jacket last night, deffinitely shrunk up some more. It is feeling a little tight with a sweater layered under it right now which I feel is giving it kind of a "bulky" look or something but I think if it opens back up a little and softens a little it will be the perfect fit.

Looks perfect to me. Give it a couple weeks of wear and it'll stretch in the right places... you'll be grand

Mr Freedom (Fresh from a first wash after the initial shrink wash. Got it almost a year ago, not much to show in terms of fades yet, didn't get to wear it as much as I would've liked to over the last year.)

Nudie sweatshirt

Warehouse 1000xx

Sendra

2017-03-13_09_40_50.jpg

Q9TpSWI.jpg?2

Freenote Cloth Wool Mackinaw

Roy All Ducks

Clinch

30LC2Wq.jpg?1

Himel Grizzly

RMC Henley

O.A. x S&S

Clinch

TAXl932.jpg

Himel

Studio D'Artisan suvin gold loopwheeled sweater

Mister Freedom Garrison Pants

Clinch

Harry Potterland because Harry Potter is life

Edited by dudewuttheheck

Yeah concur, you have a great collection of clothes. That Himel grizzly is amazing, it must cost as much as my car probably hahaha!
I'd love to see you wearing looser cut trousers and jeans, I think they could suit your style and body frame better.

Haha loose trousers/jeans = costume territory? Nah. The grizzly jacket is already quite the statement of not being afraid of a ballsy look anyway. He's kinda stout and big, like me. I think less taper would harmonize the proportions between top and bottom better.

Amyway our theories about golden ratio in men's style are quite hard to understand for the uninitiated so we shall forgive and accept your disagreement!

Regards

Leonardo da Volvo240thebest ;-)

:D Nah, I didn't mean it like that. More as in, because of the more modern fitting trousers his style remains contemporary instead of full throwback, so "inspired by" instead of "dressing exactly as". Just my gut feeling. Your thoughts about dressing as a "stout guy" didn't factor into it at all ;) Probably because dude looks just fine as is IMO, by "more modern" I certainly don't mean aggressive taper, because there's none of that.

20 minutes ago, Cucoo said:

:D Nah, I didn't mean it like that. More as in, because of the more modern fitting trousers his style remains contemporary instead of full throwback, so "inspired by" instead of "dressing exactly as". Just my gut feeling. Your thoughts about dressing as a "stout guy" didn't factor into it at all ;) Probably because dude looks just fine as is IMO, by "more modern" I certainly don't mean aggressive taper, because there's none of that.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I really do appreciate them! 

You guys are both right. I try not to go too retro in order to not get into costume territory. That's why I like to mix in some RJB/Flat Head in with the Freewheelers pieces for example. Volvo is indeed dead on about my body type. I'm built quite stout at only 5'7.5 (you gotta add that .5 when you're this short:P) and this puts me in a weird spot for pants. Too skinny makes me look out of proportion while too loose makes me look even wider and quite sloppy as well. I have partially cured this by always cuffing and making sure that my pants never have any break at all. This definitely helps keep me looking neat. 

I would say that most of my pants fit in to the slim or straight leg category. I have 3 pairs of MFSC pants and none of those could fit into anything below a slim straight category. I think my butt and thighs are the culprit that make it look I am wearing slimmer pants than I am. Those Garrison pants are a perfect example. Johnb from DB looks like he is wearing a straight fit in his Garrisons, but I look like I am wearing a much slimmer pants because... Well let's just say I fill then out more than he does haha.

Anyway, I'll move on after now revealing they I am in fact a try-hard.

Volvo, my jacket costing as much as your car makes me feel even worse because you don't have a car, you technically own a tank :D

34 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

Thanks for the kind words guys. I really do appreciate them! 

You guys are both right. I try not to go too retro in order to not get into costume territory. That's why I like to mix in some RJB/Flat Head in with the Freewheelers pieces for example. Volvo is indeed dead on about my body type. I'm built quite stout at only 5'7.5 (you gotta add that .5 when you're this short:P) and this puts me in a weird spot for pants. Too skinny makes me look out of proportion while too loose makes me look even wider and quite sloppy as well. I have partially cured this by always cuffing and making sure that my pants never have any break at all. This definitely helps keep me looking neat. 

I would say that most of my pants fit in to the slim or straight leg category. I have 3 pairs of MFSC pants and none of those could fit into anything below a slim straight category. I think my butt and thighs are the culprit that make it look I am wearing slimmer pants than I am. Those Garrison pants are a perfect example. Johnb from DB looks like he is wearing a straight fit in his Garrisons, but I look like I am wearing a much slimmer pants because... Well let's just say I fill then out more than he does haha.

Anyway, I'll move on after now revealing they I am in fact a try-hard.

Volvo, my jacket costing as much as your car makes me feel even worse because you don't have a car, you technically own a tank :D

I'm gonna have to agree with Volvo here. Your built short and stout like me as well.  Is that jacket a size XL or XXL? What size pants do you wear as well?  

It it looks hot in that desert.  Can't tell if that's USA or not.

26 minutes ago, mlwdp said:

I'm gonna have to agree with Volvo here. Your built short and stout like me as well.  Is that jacket a size XL or XXL? What size pants do you wear as well?  

It it looks hot in that desert.  Can't tell if that's USA or not.

The jacket is a custom fit (the Himel). Both jackets shown have a 43in chest. My pants are usually size 33 or 34. Sometimes 32 when they are really vanity sized.

This was the high desert in February so it was 50 out and windy. This was at desert and denim.

Edited by dudewuttheheck

First day wearing the Sauce Zahn hemp x natural indigo. The fit is very comfortable down to the knees. That says a lot because generally I can only fit my thighs in 1955 type cuts. Below the knees they tapper aggressively to a narrow opening. I need to get used to that.

IMG_5612.JPG

IMG_5619.JPG

Edited by JDelage