WAYWT (denim version) 2017

volvo240thebest

Great looking outfit Foxy.

For me at least, the appeal of cuffs is not a more "vintage" look or whatever, it's that a cuff gives the leg a cleaner/rounder shape in almost every case. I think uncuffed jeans look best with footwear that mitigate this issue (like engineer and roper boots, which give a similar structure.) That being said, Foxy's jeans look just right.

On 3/5/2017 at 2:34 AM, Cucoo said:

From last week.

Bob Dong, TFH, 70s / Lee, TFH, Sendra

2017-03-01_09_54_03.jpg

What shirt is that? (Both those shirts fit you perfectly btw.)

2 hours ago, JDelage said:

What shirt is that? (Both those shirts fit you perfectly btw.)

I echo that. I thought the fit on both shirts was perfect when I saw the pics. Great work Cucoo 

Rain/Snow today so slurpees it is!

Flathead Waffle (cant see it)

Flathead Wabash (Cant really see it)  

Dehen 1920 Varsity Cardigan 

WH Ranch Jacket

Filson Briefcase 

Flathead 3009 

and some new old Made in USA converse my homie Kirby brought me to The Shop today.. if Vintage is your thing, check him out DeadUnion

you may also notice my biggest vice... I love playing with stickers. 

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-08%20at%204.44.2

Hope everyone is well

Love Tj. 

Becasue Bowling is HYPE ! 

Knickerbocker X Brian Blakely X The Ides X The Shop Vancouver, Wool Cap. We made 25 of these little jammers a few months ago. A lot of good people had a hand in making these so I'm pretty stoked I stole one before they sold out. 

Blackboard Cafe sweater.. Ive had this thing for years. Its filthy and I love it. 

Flathead Thermal. 

The Shop Vancouver X Mr Clarke Collective. I've had a hand in designing a healthy number of products over the last 20 years, and the Mr Clarke project has been an idea since late 2001. A friend of mine used to own a clothing company called Lifetime and he wanted to team up and make a capsule collection featuring the initial jean back in 03 but unfortunately I had to put everything on the back burner because I was too busy.. Now that The Shop is going into its 5th year I though, now is the time to do it. These are our initial offering "Series A" limited production of 250 ( all hand signed and numbered) motorcycle pants with a 32% Kevlar blend denim. We have a pretty heavy motorcycle vibe at The Shop and even though we have some of the raddest denim in the world, a lot of people really wanted a good looking, protective option... so we made one. I'm actually really proud of how the jean came out. 

The Shop White 100% Cotton Socks we had made in North Carolina. 

Vintage Nike bowling shoes. 

Photo%202017-03-09%2010%2037%2057%20PM.j

Quick question... Why doesn't anyone really write down anything about their products.. I mean everyone has some great looking stuff but, what's their story ?

Anyway... Bowling Thursday.. 

Love T.

I like to read what you write.

I don't as I wear always the same stuff. Anyhoo I'll give it a go the next time I'll post a fit that feature something I don't wear every other day!

1 hour ago, mrman said:

When those 60s are at their best save them for special occasions, you have one pair of faded and one new, don't you?

I actually have three pairs! one fully faded, semi retired and awaiting for more repairs, one getting closer to their prime (another two months and they'll be really beautiful) and a new unworn pair that still needs to be sent to be hemmed. At this stage  I've already spent on the first pair more money on repairs than the cost of a new pair, haha.

Thing is, when they start to look the way I really like I should stop to wear them... It's a bit frustrating, but such is life.

BTW TJ must be well chuffed by my literary and philosophic contribution for today, at this point!

Sun is in my eyes

E32A4783-565C-40FA-B7A5-93C4BE677FF6_zps

Pilgrim Surf jp

sc1947

broken homme

ih chain

I'm here at a Whites dealer in Pittsboro, NC.  I'll post pics of my visits later, mostly of the Whites selection only.

Edited by mlwdp

7 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

I actually have three pairs! one fully faded, semi retired and awaiting for more repairs, one getting closer to their prime (another two months and they'll be really beautiful) and a new unworn pair that still needs to be sent to be hemmed. At this stage  I've already spent on the first pair more money on repairs than the cost of a new pair, haha.

Thing is, when they start to look the way I really like I should stop to wear them... It's a bit frustrating, but such is life.

BTW TJ must be well chuffed by my literary and philosophic contribution for today, at this point!

Brilliant, Thank you. I feel like your jacket is my jacket. 

I have absolutely nowhere to go today and no intention of leaving the house because we got another snowstorm last night but I soaked my new jacket and pants last night so I had to get dressed

Same Blackboard beanie as always

Eat Dust button up

TCB jacket off a fresh soak, fits so much better now

LVC 1947 501 off a fresh soak, they also fit perfectly now and are slowly coaxing me into enjoying a slightly looser fit than my usual Sugar Cane fits

barefoot

place where my puppy pees during the winter

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

The tcb jacket fit is much better after soak. Is it a raw version? If it's raw there's certainly more shrink, machine wash it at 40 degrees C and you'll be sorted. Do it before the honeycombs are formed!

23 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

The tcb jacket fit is much better after soak. Is it a raw version? If it's raw there's certainly more shrink, machine wash it at 40 degrees C and you'll be sorted. Do it before the honeycombs are formed!

It is the raw version. Had probably 2 weeks of wear in it from my friend KC before he passed it onto me, and it had gotten rained on and potentially shrunk up on him a bit, but it shrunk a LOT when I cold soaked it last night. I would love to get all of the shrink out of it before I really start wearing it but Im scared it'll get too small because I would really like to be able to keep wearing a hoodie underneath (its cold out here)

I wouldn't worry, you still have room to shrink further and the jacket will stretch back with wear. Give it a 30 degree then, the agitation in the washing machine makes the difference. if you wash 30 degrees then you can still decide to wash again at hotter temperature or keep it as is, but then you must always wash at 30 degrees..