atlast&co , butcher products , timeworn clothing

edmond

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got the shirt in, ended up being about $65 dollars all in, hell of a deal and it seems like it's never even been worn!
Initial thoughts are that the fabric is really nice and soft, buttons feel high quality. Fit it good but a little long, might possibly get it shortened.
I'm going to give it a wash and then I'll post some pictures.

They don't really have an online presence at all.
As far as I know there are two stores in Japan, The Vintage Showroom in London and VMC sell their stuff. Maybe a store in South Korea as well.
It is a Japanese brand, it is owned by Kei Hemmi of Tenderloin.

This is my new favourite brand. I have a bunch of items, all from VMC. The fabrics are really good, on a par with Freewheelers and older Cabourn stuff. They start stiff but soften up a bit with wear. The real kicker for me is the construction; it is as crisp and detailed as anything I've ever seen.

Shirts fit a couple inches longer than most Japanese repro brands but that is perfect for me as I'm tall and lots of nice shirts often look short and boxy on me.

Vintage showroom has a couple of shirts and one or two cuts of jeans. VMC has a bunch more stuff, jackets, shirts, chinos and jeans. I highly recommend checking out in person if you can, it's a real hidden gem of a brand.

• 2 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to source a pair of the lot 161 and they're by far the best pair of jeans I've owned. I wish there were more brands out there making jeans with a proper high waist. I've visited the Vintage Showroom a few times - it's usually a fairly limited selection but what they have is very nice. One of my favourite details is the pocket bag featuring an anvil like the top fly button:

Photo%2012-03-2017%2C%2011%2045%2020.jpg

the craftmanship look nice but from what I see on instagram and elsewhere I can't really understand if the fabric is quality and character-wise on par with let's say Warehouse or Fullcount. I'd be curious to hear about it. Also it looks like the rise on those jeans is enormously high (like 13 inches or more for a 36). The way I am built a 12.5 front rise will get up to my ribs, the at last cuts may get right under my pits....

The fabric is fairly plain with a bit of hairiness but very sturdy - I'd say Ed's photos are a good representation of how it looks. The rise on my w36 pair was around 14.25-14.5" which didn't seem to change much after a soak, though they shrunk a *lot* in the waist and length. As a big thigh/butt guy who almost exclusively wears 14"+ rises, they work great for me, but I appreciate that this kind of cut isn't for everyone. As for construction, they're absolutely solid and are built as well as any other well-regarded Japanese brand in my opinion. I can grab some measurements and more photos later if anyone is interested.

I have only a pair of chinos with a rise that high. When I sit the belt touches my ribs haha. I am definitely not the best body type for ultra high rises, pity as I dig a lot the look on others. One of my favourite Instagram guy as of late is chuckrayone and he pulls off that style like a champ...

Edited by volvo240thebest

It's also my highest rise, similar to the At Last chinos or Cabourn worker pants from a few years ago. The cut is very generous in the thigh/ knee/ opening so they have a 30's worker vibe to them which gives them a relaxed look. Certainly my most comfortable pair as well. Denim holding up nicely but they currently have less than 20 wears so a bit early to pass judgement. Material and construction seems up there with everything else I own (IH, SC, Roy, Studio D'Artisan etc).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...