sufu1

3,000,000 POSTS

thanks all supertalk members...

hmm. 3M posts is actually quite a lot of posts...

sometimes it's hard to get my head around numbers [especially when i get bombed with google analytic 24/7 and 1.2K junk mails every day]

3000000  3 million  3M...

whereas 3 million page views doesn't mean much these days... i just had to remind myself that 3 millions posts has been the process of 1 real live supertalker making the conscious decision to take the time to think and construct a block of information - exactly 3 million times since i made post #1 in 2003... [ha. ok. i know that sounds 100% trite but hey...] edit: ha. actually chad made the first post.

i'm actually trying to imagine what it would look like if each supertalk post was printed on a separate piece of paper. could it even be made into a book [probably not]. how many chapters [lots]. how many volumes [lots]. how many shelves in a library would be required to store it...[?] 

i like to think of supertalk as an extraordinary global shopping expert encyclopedia. a digital snapshot of time from 2003 – 2016 – shared technical knowledge, style trends, personal styles, cultural discussions, attitudes, warped humor, travel, fashion, denim, trash and everything else... [except notably politics and religion]. it pre-dated most social media. it was a facebook before facebook, waywt before selfies, supertrash before snapchat. it's hard to pinpoint - but sometimes it feels much of the internet has some form of supertalk dna...

i have to admit when chad suggested we create a message board i resisted. in 2003 the internet was a one way information flow and i thought it might be better if it stayed that way...[?] i clearly remember being surprised that anyone posted anything at all in the first few days... but it took off quickly [and by about 2007 it had largely got completely out of control].  

these day though - with the rest of the internet totally drowning in toxic politics, fake news, celebrity egos, clickbait and spam - supertalk feels more like a quiet chill-out escape vacation destination... 

big thanks again to everyone else who has supported supertalk all these years. i couldn't have managed without the moderators, sponsors, advertisers, supertechs and others that keep this supertalk spaceship flying...

a few big changes ahead as we move onto supertalk version 6 over the next few months. more on that soon.

make the world superfuture again

wayne

thanks it's hard to pinpoint - but sometimes it feels much of the internet has some form of supertalk dna...

thank you wayne. for making this possible.

i wonder how many of those posts have '10char' in them