Roy Big Bro 2 - aka Roy World Tour Round 2

FeloniousMonk

Thanks guys! The amateurish pictures don't do the scenery justice. Iceland's landscapes are so dramatic and feel prehistoric with all of the geological activity going on. I'll drop one more set of photos and post-wash (they've really developed an interesting texture) before I send them off to @wolfofthesea this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news! The roys have arrived at my house. I am away for work until Sunday, but will begin wearing them then. With them I will be returning to the rocky mountains for work; I'm sure the denim will appreciate the fresh air and  amazing views. I will make sure to upload some photos to the thread of the sights around this area, as well as a fit picture once I have them and try them on.

Hello,

Finally got a chance to try on the Roys. Initial impressions: Amazing quality! That's the first thing that came to mind. From the stitching to the rivets, to the feel of the selvedge and shell stitching on the fly. Previous to this, most of my denim has been Naked and Famous, or unbranded. Obviously the Roys quality is much higher. My Red cloud denim is much closer in terms of quality. As for the denim itself, it's great to have a pair in this color. Most of my denim has high contrast fading as I tend not to wash a lot, so this is a nice change. The fit is very comfortable while still not looking sloppy. Wearing them I went out to eat one of my favorite local restaurants, a place famous for its large portion sizes and meat. Right up my alley.  Anyhow, fit pics featuring a neighborhood cat and pictures of the meal. Burger had 8oz of beef brisket, 8oz of pork, and 4oz of smoked chicken. The poutine was a beef brisket poutine with waffle sauce, gravy, and aged cheese!

20862377_1996613267236379_1929563196_o.jpg

20821386_1996613327236373_1331277552_o.jpg

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

Hello, been wearing the roys at work and afterwards in the mountains. I'm working in Jasper National park, one of the most beautiful areas of Canada. My job site is at a very high altitude, so it is actually quite cold. Luckily my Canadian tuxedo is keeping me warm. Jacket is Bob Dong 23oz. Most of these photos are taken either on Mt. Edith Cavell ( where I am working), surrounding highway viewpoints, or Pyramid lake. Pyramid lake is great in the morning before work, as no one else is there that early. I can watch the sun rise, and swim in the cold glacier fed lake all by myself.

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0067.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0119.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

A few more photos taken recently. The building is at my university when I was back in town, the rest in the national park. The park is a great place to work, and I'm lucky I got sent there this summer. If you're ever visiting Alberta, it's one of the highlights.  Sorry if photo quality isn't the greatest, only have my iPhone as a camera.

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

wow beautiful! I'm driving up to Lake Louise through Nelson this weekend and am really excited to see this sort of landscape -- never been out there before. Thanks for sharing all these photos!

That is an incredible landscape, good call on the summer job! Reminds me again that we need to spend more time traveling to the beautiful parts of this continent rather than always trying to travel as far as possible whenever we get a week or two off. 

16 hours ago, chicote said:

wow beautiful! I'm driving up to Lake Louise through Nelson this weekend and am really excited to see this sort of landscape -- never been out there before. Thanks for sharing all these photos!

Lake Louise is beautiful. I was there and through the Banff area last winter. There is some amazing hikes, and really cool sights. Great mountain biking too.

15 hours ago, FeloniousMonk said:

That is an incredible landscape, good call on the summer job! Reminds me again that we need to spend more time traveling to the beautiful parts of this continent rather than always trying to travel as far as possible whenever we get a week or two off. 

Yeah, unfortunately my job hasn't been here all summer. The first half was in peace River and the Slave Lake Region, which is very far north. This lead to some unfortunate weather. It was also night shift, so I couldn't really see any sights while I was there. So when they offered me the opportunity to finish off my Job here I jumped at it.

Have been sent to northern Alberta for some out of town work, beside a town with a population of 276. Needless to say not much to do. Posting a picture of the Roy's and my rogue territory supply jacket for a colour comparison. Also posting a pic of the work jeans I wear on days where I'm working with concrete. They are some Rpm West raws I thrifted .

IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The good news is the jeans arrived today and they are awesome. 

The bad news is they've either shrunk more than what I thought they would or I have gotten fatter than I realized (safe bet on the last one). 

Unfortunately they are too small for me in the waist. Who's next on the tour and I will get them in the mail asap!