Roy Big Bro 2 - aka Roy World Tour Round 2

FeloniousMonk

That's another option, if chicote is willing to take the jeans after louisbosco and kick off the Canada/US west coast. That would be what, mid-to-late-March?

Does anyone on the tour have work restrictions that means they would not be able to wear a patched pair but would be fine with a more hidden darning? If not, I'd love to take you up on that offer, chicote, and get some extra character for the pair.

had a really short day on friday at work, decided to head into the city and check out our new store. i was supposed to set up the new flagship which would've been quite an experience, but we're really stretching the hours of all the staff really thin, so i didn't get the chance to. 

our new flagship in the GPO building. the size of the building is just unbelievable. a logistical nightmare.

9B2CC339-BD8C-4EF8-B19D-D967CF795E61_zps

D90A9396-AAFF-4D7B-9AD2-539E761799EE_zps

then pretty much took the day walking around the city, and having a nice cool beer at the pub on a 36C day..

F6FC35DB-DA81-4270-A2BF-F658A679E96A_zps

6898736B-CF54-415C-9F31-C41CF4A16FC3_zps

9161F865-B75D-4C01-B729-88CF45735DC0_zps

4EABC2EC-796E-457A-9218-111C7C89CDED_zps

not my sunnies, belonged to a colleague. and everyone was trying on her sunnies, but i reckon i'm the only one that pulled it off well. hahaha. :P

haha. thanks. i guess it's the growing up part in singapore that's got me acclimatised to the hot weather. i don't wear much/any jeans under 21oz, especially in the past 4 years. though it's hot here, it's not as humid and i guess that's kinda helped a bit. dry and hot vs humidity and hot are very different. but these jeans feel a breeze for me being so lightweight. 

Thanks again, Louis. Next up is North America. Does someone want to take on the repairs? Or should I arrange for them to be repaired somewhere in the US then sent on to the next participant?

If the latter, the repairs will likely take about a month.

i'm happy to take on the repairs even if im not the next participant, I've got plenty of time to do some good hand stitched repairs (and/or machine darning as needed) over the next couple months.

edit: that said, I also am just finishing my leg of the Denime world tour, so if folks would rather space my time apart that's totally fine & understandable.

Edited by chicote

Can't speak for the rest of the forum, Chicote, but you're a great poster and I'm hardly sick of seeing the pacific northwest after your leg of the Denime tour. Happy to have you be the next on the list if you're ok moving straight to the Big Bro jeans. If you still have time left with the 66XX, then I imagine louisbosco could hold onto the Roys for a bit longer.

Would love to see the pair have some hand repairs!

as my leg comes to an end, i've been a little busy the past week with my graduation and having the family over. still, i've had a brilliant time in these before i put them to wash tomorrow. i've started to grow into this pair even though they're a tad big. 

606649DF-505B-4B18-8B1D-0BCB5238A9AD_zps

B2681B6C-04DD-4635-B42D-836AC23F9124_zps

a mate of mine recently opened a cafe. home made food and specialty coffee. i'm fortunate to be there when he was cupping as well. my first cupping, quite liked the experience.

1F823564-5C91-4AFD-9818-6E179BCFD74B_zps

BC31EEFC-084D-4464-BC8B-ABB4A634692D_zps

0EB2AC7E-90D0-47A4-9F26-A72BCEA54477_zps

and finally out for a belated buffet dinner at the crown. not a fan of buffets in general, but i do like to experience different places at least once..

812F31A1-AEBF-4C5E-A725-6D897373B86F_zps

13C958FB-E0B2-4634-8EC2-F1A3D421CE33_zps

44781BBB-AF66-4C33-A5A9-D98D6C54E116_zps

@FeloniousMonk When do you expect the jeans to be back in your hands? I know the're headed to the west coast of North America soon. I'll be spending a week in Iceland early July and wonder if my leg of the tour would allow me to take them along.

@ReverendGlasseye I don't expect the jeans to be in my hands for quite some time - we've got about 6-7 people lined up across the US and Canada who will have the jeans before they end up back with me. We can definitely have them wind your way around late June or July, there's no need to stick to one particular order across the US.

Iceland should be a lot of fun, enjoy! Had a crazy long weekend there a few years back, with about 10-15 of us taking advantage of some very low fares. Absolutely beautiful, and that 24-hour sun will mess you up on a night out drinking...

well, i do need to fill in a bit to properly fit these jeans...

thanks louis!

i'm going to start coming up with designs for the hand repairs in coming days. if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!