Roy Big Bro 2 - aka Roy World Tour Round 2

FeloniousMonk

^I think wabash or any sort of discharge fabrics are really cool. I got myself a Sugar Cane white wabash in the mail coming to me. In the meantime, I realised I haven't been so diligent in taking photos. Enjoy a little bit of what I took! 

Some fit pics...2017-01-18 08.05.11 HDR.jpg2017-01-20 13.44.15.jpg

Nothing much so far except at work, just the usual routine of gym maintenance, but on Monday, my gym received a late Xmas present from Valencia, Spain. We ordered 2 tonnes of handholds and they are here!2017-01-18 09.10.16.jpg

Sorting these out was a bitch. After the grueling labor, I had to toss the Bro into the washing machine, because they just stink from all the sweat.

Oh, and also, some fun comparison shots between my pairs. Left to right: RJB 105 BSP, Roy Big Bro 2, TFH 3009.2017-01-21 09.55.39.jpg

Don't mind the sheets, my gf and I like them a lot hahaha

I am really liking how the pair is turning now. I have tried wearing them with my Kapital boots and they look good together. Work has been busy with all the new handholds that have come to the gym. As a result, I've worn the jeans harder than I thought I could. Worn the jeans to do some climbing over the last weekend too.

Yesterday, there was an incident. I spilled some sauce and thought, I should give it a wash. Little did I know that when I told my gf this, she proceeded to give a warm wash to remove the stain... The jeans is fine but the patch is discolored. No more noogie time. I am really sorry guys!

Also, Bosco and I have decided that I am to hang on to the pair a while longer than agreed earlier because of his travel schedule.

2017-01-22_08_37_16.jpg

2017-01-22 09.19.57.jpg

2017-01-22 10.05.11.jpg

2017-01-22 10.05.15.jpg

2017-01-23 21.41.37.jpg

2017-01-25 13.19.12.jpg

2017-01-25 13.20.12.jpg

2017-01-25 13.45.27.jpg

Wabi-sabi! Glad they're seeing some time on the climbing wall. How did the patch end up looking after the wash? Might just need a bit of coconut oil or some leather conditioner to stop it from drying out too much, but I can't imagine a wash and dry cycle would change it too much.

If you're willing to share, I'd love to hear more about life in Singapore, too. I've been there a couple times, but only in the CBD area for business or a few days of sightseeing. Is the whole island pretty densely populated, or are there more suburban areas? Seems hard to imagine any real countryside left... Is it possible to spend all your days in one part of the island, or are some areas almost all residential with other areas having all the work, restaurants, bars, and places for fun?

Kapital boots look sweet too, are those roughout with a crepe sole?

The patch looks dried out and discolored, I am gonna try VSC later to at least bring it some suppleness again. 

Singapore is really just a city island. You know the CBD, but around 10 km to 15 km away from CBD there are basically mixed land uses, suburban residences with lots of retail spaces and offices like that. We are... smaller than a small city in the US and we are very densely populated, so the housing are always high rises apartments, much like in Tokyo or Hongkong I believe. There are some "countryside" if that includes water reservoirs and snippets of rainforest left relatively pristine by the government. Enough trails to hike around if you are a casual hiker, there's even a small rock climbing area (that sucks because it's tropical and it always rains).

Bars and stuff like that are usually in malls or in hipster art centers and things like that, they are scattered all over the place. Mostly in the CBD still. There are of course famous neighborhoods where all the good foods are. 

Yep, the Kapital boots are I believe deerskin suede (I might be wrong) with pigskin stripey lining and crepe sole. They rubberised the welt stitching so that it's completely uniform with the crepe sole.

So just a peek on what's been up the past week. It was Chinese New Year week, where all the Chinese customarily visit family members for reunion etc, so most places in Singapore is closed (since we are like 90% Chinese or something like that). But, my family don't live here so I don't have much celebrations to do. The roads were so empty, like this:

2017-01-28_14_12_17.jpg

2017-01-28_14_12_24.jpg

I took a crotch pic at that bus stop lol

2017-01-28_14_12_35.jpgY

You can see the shade of blues are peeking through more and more.

I manned the gym on Sunday and there wasn't much crowd. In case you are wondering, from my desk, this was the view:

2017-01-29 11.28.16.jpg

Tuesday comes and I was doing some routesetting:

2017-01-31 11.01.20.jpg

The color looks very bad on pictures because of how fluorescent these are.

This is the tool of the trade, Makita USA impact driver:

2017-02-01 09.32.40.jpg

Wednesday (today), I also did some setting and the result is this:

2017-02-01 14.39.50 HDR.jpg

That's an update for now, folks, Bosco and I have decided that I will keep the pair for another week or so to fit his travel schedule. Let me know if anyone has any objection. So sad to know that I will part with this Bro soon, because I have come to love the Bro. Hopefully, everyone is gonna enjoy the Bro as much as I have been.

2017-02-01_17_06.04-1.jpg

2017-02-01 17.07.34.jpg

2017-01-28_14_12_47.jpg

Hi all

I finally have sent the pair to Mr Bosco over in Australia. I am very glad that I have taken part in this world tour, sharing a well made jeans with awesome denimheads all over the world. Hopefully, everyone gets to see more of each participant's personality through this tour.

Some post wash pics for you guys to look at.

cungster out.

IMG_0954.JPG

IMG_0955.JPG

IMG_0956.JPG

IMG_0957.JPG

IMG_0958.JPG

Just picked up the jeans from the post office today. Timing with the parcel was really good. it arrived yesterday but unfortunately, i only got off my flight late at night. won't be up to much this couple days. still recovering from my holiday where i drove about 3500kms.. but to start off,

8CEE7836-A3A4-4893-A787-55C627E30510_zps

D8CFBB72-A7CC-4F01-ADA0-DFEFC6438B45_zps

funnily, the parcel went through quarantine check. wonder why. i know aus customs are a little anal, but i've never really had it before except for my rear sway bar i got from the US. just wearing it around the house getting a feel of it. Fit is good, waist is alright, perfect with a belt. loving the denim, the rivets on the back pockets is different but nice, even the shape of it is different to Roy's first pair of RS1 (or RN1 can't remember now) i have

Edited by louisbosco

just to start this off. 4 years ago, i decided to quit my job and go back to doing my degree full time. moved to perth, my second home and now i'm waiting for my graduation in march. i'm also going to be starting full time work again soon, so it's really come a full circle. had a relatively short day at work today and decided to head into the city for lunch. just a couple photos of what perth looks like and me in the denim. 

i'm in this placed just in the city called Elizabeth Quay. They've just had a revamp a couple years ago now and the area looks spanking new, even the historical bell tower. Apparently, it's a tourist destination kinda thing, but i've never been to all this touristy things as this place has been "a second home" to me. :unsure: they place now is great for summers as they love to host food festivals and what not by the Quay. Not too bad of a day with the weather, cooling summer day that's brilliant for a ride.

E9CD0F41-C35C-4057-9935-D64102B59B5C_zps

307474DC-AFA9-4875-AC01-8A2B584BA6CA_zps

99996145-8DE2-44F2-8D31-09CADFB773DF_zps

went out for dinner last night. this little tapas place in what we call northbridge/ chinatown where pretty much all if not most of the nightlife is. sadly i didn't document of all the food and drinks, but they had quite the list of craft beers too.

E4BD82A7-3188-4EE4-9D86-47DC2BCC0722_zps

F4577BBD-38AC-4ECE-BAAD-2FCEB0F26479_zps

F075CEA4-7B12-4956-A218-6048D05A9E0D_zps

that was when i noticed the hole in the jeans not knowing how the hell it got there. 

826D97E7-6AFA-43F5-80AA-B29149CA8D69_zps

BC3DDD5C-E48E-4065-999C-D7690232CE6B_zps

11630FC4-CF7B-4FDF-9B87-0F4E9F3DE236_zps

7F383F55-2EB5-4DD9-912C-F29865298C7B_zps

not the best job. but i've tried to fix it. there was another smaller hole just above it, not as bad. i'm can't sew for shit. i really hope the treads stay intact..

Stillwater is a fantastic brewery - amazed that it's making its way across the Pacific though. Quite a trek for a smaller east coast label, but apparently it has importers all over now that I looked up its website... I've been really happy with the shifting fashion in US craft brewers over the past few years, moving away from the all-hops, all-the-time to more balanced beers and especially a lot of wild yeast used to make saison variants. Great way to get a lot more spicy or funky flavors in the brew without burning off your taste buds.

Pity about the hole in the thigh. That stitching can hold for now though, and we can get them darned somewhere in the US before the next person takes over.

yeah that beer was great. i'm not a huge hops person and prefer a more balanced summer ale kinda craft beers that's light and refreshing. haven't heard about them but definitely keeping an eye on them now. australia has quite a number of craft beers manufacturers but still can't be compared with the huge amount in the US and europe.

yeah the hole is a pity. sorry guys! i was hoping if anyone was near a selfedge (i believe they're only 1 of 2 worldwide that i know) with a darning machine, it could be fixed. sadly, there's none near my region at all. 

We should switch to PM to figure out the details, but my preliminary plan was to check with Rain at Indigo Proof and see if she will be able to take delivery from you and let me handle the repairs and onward shipping details. Then once they're fixed, they can just go to whoever is next on the US west coast. Then no one has to go out of their way or cover the darning costs.