What's Next

Iron Horse

Perhaps a denial of athleisure but interest in the practicalities of technical apparel will yield adoption of 90's silhouette inspired jeans + sportswear as we've seen in Japan the past few years (not talking mountaineering gear and parkas btw)...Or is that just re-tooled streetwear and we've already come full circle?!

I do think we've come full circle Aho.

Really like the ideas in this thread, particularly Rodeo Bill's idea of wearing 90s part polyester jeans! And Iron Horse's suggestion that for some people,denim may be played out. 

Personally, looking at my own consumption over the last few years, I've often been wearing something other than denim when I'm not in my salary man outfit. (After years of almost religious devotion to denim).

My TCB herringbone crawler pants have been my recent go-to and now, inspired by William, I'm now searching out vintage Big Macs...

Unfortunately (fortunately?) I think I'm forever stuck in the "denim or nothing" club though I've never ventured to buy anything different. Maybe one day I'll venture in to duck etc, but the thought hasn't even crossed my mind at least in the past 10+ years! :o

• 2 months later...

More denim-I can't imagine wearing anything else...

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/12/2016 at 9:30 PM, aho said:

Perhaps a denial of athleisure but interest in the practicalities of technical apparel will yield adoption of 90's silhouette inspired jeans

coming back a bit late on this one (and people may have already seen some details that I posted in the Tender thread) but Whooper jeans is now up and about! Here are some fit photos of the four styles, in full-width open-end-spun denim:

58e360cc8c400_greyhound.thumb.jpg.dde292e4466533dcad138c2049db2e40.jpgbackwoods.thumb.jpg.5ed18df7b8d84253c7a416b8477a2230.jpghitops.thumb.jpg.01d7c154de7d741c7e34bf7059290a11.jpginterstate.thumb.jpg.89d1b933ff994b2b3ad4ea3aa4b07c1e.jpg

the fabrics are all woven with the same yarn, density, and finish, but there's a right hand, left hand, and broken twill, as well as a plain weave. 

"Designed in England and made in Japan, Whooper finds its influences in deadstock and used American clothes of the recent past. These are not the rugged overalls of a forgotten age, but the clothes of our youth, taking flight to see the world. We believe that jeans honouring the technical innovations of the later part of the 20th Century prove as rewarding to wear as the artisanal shuttle-woven textiles of the 1870s. Built with integrity and efficiency, Whooper celebrates the era in which jeans became everyday wear." quoted direct because I think this sums the idea up nicely!

On 20 December 2016 at 11:39 PM, aho said:

Unfortunately (fortunately?) I think I'm forever stuck in the "denim or nothing" club though I've never ventured to buy anything different. Maybe one day I'll venture in to duck etc, but the thought hasn't even crossed my mind at least in the past 10+ years! :o

I'm with you there!!!