Niro

Orslow

This is the clothing equivalent of a straight-to-DVD film, in this case, straight to end-of-season sale!

I love orSlow, but when they try and update their collection with more modern pieces they sometimes miss their mark. 

Rigid 105's on Endclothing, £185

Really would like their type 2 jacket because of their denim, but it's really expensive :(

Finally got a pair of 105's after 'outgrowing' my 107's. Picked up the 1 wash version and waiting for them to get back from hemming.

15 hours ago, YossarianRaw said:

So guys, if I'm a size 2 in the regular fatigues, do I go for the same size in the 105 jeans?

If you fit a size 2 in the fatigues a size 2 in the 105s should work for you. If anything the 105s are a touch roomier in the waist than the fatigues. 

On 6/4/2018 at 8:50 AM, Lendo said:

Finally got a pair of 105's after 'outgrowing' my 107's. Picked up the 1 wash version and waiting for them to get back from hemming.

great pair of jeans.  I haven't worn mine for a bit due to the TCB 20's contest but I love the 105.  

14 hours ago, kicks79 said:

If you fit a size 2 in the fatigues a size 2 in the 105s should work for you. If anything the 105s are a touch roomier in the waist than the fatigues. 

Thanks. I think you're right, the 1 will definitely be too small and the 3 would be huge.

One day I will land a chore that works... these two (40s and 50s) are being returned. Lovely denim, solid construction, good fit in chest and shoulders... but way too big around the waist... shame as they were nice prices... next time!!

2018-06-05 22.14.32.jpg

chore coats are suppose to fit boxy eh?

Agreed Ed but these were too much and looked like floaty mini dresses on me unfortunately.

^ Oh my: you didn't happen to take a rough measurement of the shoulder width of the 1940s version of the two did you?

did they match up to the kafka measurements (which seemed pretty wee in the shoulder dept. [19.5 inches] for the sz. 4 i am presuming you tried just now)

No sorry I didn't take any measurements of them and they were returned last week. As I recall the shoulders were snug but once I knew they wouldn't work that was it. Fwiw I've found Kafka have provided accurate measurements on other items before.

Both chores are at a very good price if the patron rate is applied as it gives additional discount on sale prices. Seems like you're tempted!

always tempted by good chores... [perfect garment for camouflaging me pigeon chest and pot belly]

was staring at those two b4 copping boncoura 20s... [which is super triangular; even more floaty mini dress fit for you probs]

patron rate eh? [rubs hands...]

or to save up for possible engineer boot wallet devastation...

so many possibilities

Yes patron rate is a hand rubbing extra 20% off at checkout... they treat, and tempt, us well.

Your chore predelectation might be tested by an At Last ecru canvas chore in Vintage Showroom - only one size 42 which may not work. It's just too tight on me which, given the price tag is probably a good thing. That said, I now have my eye out for this stuff which seem to be as rare as hen's teeth outside of Japan and therefore generates incremental compulsion!

Are the rigid denims sized the same as their one wash offerings? I.e. Will a rigid 2 shrink to a one wash in size 2?

Dumb beginner question - considering picking up the 105 but am a little confused about sizing. When size 1 is referenced as 30", that measurement is for the garment itself right? I usually wear a 28/29, so I want to make sure they're not too big...otherwise may have to go with 107 and get the waist taken in.

2 hours ago, dum_surfer said:

Dumb beginner question - considering picking up the 105 but am a little confused about sizing. When size 1 is referenced as 30", that measurement is for the garment itself right? I usually wear a 28/29, so I want to make sure they're not too big...otherwise may have to go with 107 and get the waist taken in.

It references the waist size

I'm so fond of my (regular) fatigue pants that I'm contemplating getting the shorts as well.

Does anyone know whether the sizing is exactly the same - e.g., if I am a 2 in the pants, would I be a 2 in the shorts as well?

Does anyone have any experience with their hats ? I’m looking at the US Navy hat in particular. Also, sizing is a big question...the last time I wore a hat I was a size 7 1/4, but I’ve grown out my hair so I think it will be a bit bigger. For orslow there a size small and medium, any help will be welcomed!

@kicks79 I see that you posted a few pages ago about this.

crotch blew out on my 107s after 18mths and i've definitely put on weight this year. just ordered another pair but in a size bigger, i think they're the perfect jean for me.

so my size 3 came, but the inseam seems waaaaaay longer. i only cuffed once with the size 2 (i'm 6'1) but need to cuff 3-4x with these size 3s.

edit: there is no way in hell the inseam on this is 30.75".

Edited by conqueror

@conqueror are they a 2 year wash version? They are usually longer in the inseam than the standard 107

17 hours ago, bod said:

@conqueror are they a 2 year wash version? They are usually longer in the inseam than the standard 107

nope, one year. oi polloi says the inseam is 32", my pair is 33". most others say 30-31".

They are meant to be 30.75" according to orSlow's size chart.

Size 4 & 5 are meant to be a 33" inseam.

Perhaps orSlow has fielded requests to make the inseams longer on the sizes 3s.

I will measure our new delivery when it arrives later this week and report back.