Orslow

Niro

On 12/7/2021 at 9:46 AM, FurnitureMaker said:

I’m looking for a Japanese retailer that carries Orslow and ships to the USA. Thanks. 

If you haven't had any luck I recommend using a proxy like Buyee. I've gotten plenty of OrSlow close to dirt cheap from many different Japanese shops.

On 12/7/2021 at 5:46 PM, FurnitureMaker said:

I’m looking for a Japanese retailer that carries Orslow and ships to the USA. Thanks. 

https://www.beams.co.jp

or failing that orSlow give you a list of Japanese shops selling their products - I’m sure many will ship overseas (Covid restrictions are probably your biggest hurdle)

http://orslow.jp/store/

• 2 weeks later...

@generic_guy nice pick up... the 40s denim looks the same (or did I read it is the same on a previous post?) as on my Orslow army shirt... agree, great denim.  If you have the same army shirt with some wear, it'd be great to see some pics of that if you have time.  I'm interested in how that develops.

Edited by MJF9

• 3 weeks later...

Copped these 2 Year Wash 105’s to wear in the summer, real world measurements (BiG style) are below

05F2925F-F903-4A84-9FC0-FB602C87FB50.jpeg
Size 2

Waist: 16” / Front rise: 11.5” / Back rise: 15” / Hip: 21.5” / Inseam: 30” / Thigh: 12.5” / Knee: 8.75” / Leg opening: 7.75”

Edited by bod

• 3 weeks later...

@bartlebyyphonics it’s a great jacket and yes the Orslow denim is fantastic. That pullover looks awesome as well. I’ve been eyeing it up for a while and if it wasn’t for the fact that I already have the YM Factory pullover, I’d jump at it. (And that goes for their chore coat as well, been on the Meadow website checking it out) What size do you have? :ph34r:

On 12/24/2021 at 8:21 AM, MJF9 said:

@generic_guy nice pick up... the 40s denim looks the same (or did I read it is the same on a previous post?) as on my Orslow army shirt... agree, great denim.  If you have the same army shirt with some wear, it'd be great to see some pics of that if you have time.  I'm interested in how that develops.

Sorry, could have sworn I replied to this at the time but apparently not.

My one is the green version, came ready worn and I've just put a pic in WAYWT.

For those with the slim fit fatigue pants, which jeans (orSlow or otherwise) have the most similar cut?  I got a pair of the fatigue pants (size 2, don't use the additional waist buttons) from Withered Fig a few months ago, and the cut is just perfect.  I guess I could whip out the measuring tape, but I thought I'd ask first.

3 hours ago, RunMountainDrew said:

For those with the slim fit fatigue pant.s, which jeans (orSlow or otherwise) have the most similar cut?  I got a pair of the fatigue pants (size 2, don't use the additional waist buttons) from Withered Fig a few months ago, and the cut is just perfect.  I guess I could whip out the measuring tape, but I thought I'd ask first.

Going off my measurements, I'd say that the Slim Fits are closer to the 107. Here are my measurements from the 105/107 (Both size 3) and my Slim Fit Fatigues (Size 4, but hot washed several times) :

105 - Waist: 17.5, LO: 8", Thigh: 12.5" , Inseam: 31.5"  107 - Waist: 17.25", LO: 7.5", Thigh: 12.5" , Inseam: 31.5"   Slim Fatigues: Waist: 17.5" ,Thigh: 12.5", LO: 8" (Hemmed to 28.5" for clean hem)

My Slim Fatigues are also quite old as I purchased them from NiftyDo back when they were in Canada. Not sure if sizing has changed since then, but they have definitely been worn and washed quite a bit. 

• 1 year later...

Is there a women’s version of the 105? I got hold of a barely used size 2 and they are ridculously small. Like less than 29” in the waist. Couldn’t even button them and I take a size 2 in all other Orslow bottoms. No size guide from any retailer I’ve seen have these measurements for the size 2 105…

Not even extreme hot wash nuking could shrink jeans this much. 

What gives?

• 2 weeks later...

Orslow runs quite big usually. 

I started with size 3 in all of their bottoms (Fatigue, 107, 105), later sold everything to buy size 2. 

And now I'm staying with size 2 in the Fatigue Pants, but got down to size 1 for the 105 (and I'm a true 32/33 waist)

The thing is, Orslow Denim stretch like crazy (+ they have long inseams), size 1 is the perfect inseam and stretch to fit within hours/days. (just got the 105 2years wash and really liking it)

Edited by DavidThoreau

On 2/1/2022 at 2:12 AM, RunMountainDrew said:

For those with the slim fit fatigue pants, which jeans (orSlow or otherwise) have the most similar cut?  I got a pair of the fatigue pants (size 2, don't use the additional waist buttons) from Withered Fig a few months ago, and the cut is just perfect.  I guess I could whip out the measuring tape, but I thought I'd ask first.

I know I'm late, but to me the Fatigue slim in size 2 (I also have it) is closer to the 105 in size 1 (except the 105 is a tad larger in the leg opening).

The problem with the 107 (if you compare it to the fatigue) is the inseam. Way too long, resulting in a big taper. And if you go 107 size 1, it will just be too slim.

105 has a shorter inseam than 107 in general.

Edited by DavidThoreau

• 3 months later...

They carry Orslow in my local shop and I just don't love the stuff in person. It looks good but just isn't on the same level IMO as some of the other stuff that (unfortunately) my local shop doesn't carry. A look book in this corner of the clothing world is of less utility too I think, since other things not translated through on figure photos can matter a good bit. 

Where I live, absolutely everyone is talking about the Orslow lookbooks - in the supermarket, at the bus stop, the pub, school gates, you name it - so I too am equally surprised, if not a little shocked :laugh2: