Orslow

Niro

• 4 weeks later...

Actually grabbed some one wash 105s yesterday from Canoe Club last week with a lot of enthusiasm and excitement because the things are just so neppy. Like for real. It was great and I felt great about my kop. 

But then I wore them and things changed. I'm not so into the fit anymore. I'm thinking 107s now. Anyway shameless plug the 105s are up for sale if anyone wants a pair of few hours old size 5 o/w for cheap tags in hand

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought my first pair of orslow 105, took size 2 and I'm 32 waist. I can button them up just spot on, no loose fabric around waist at all, the fit is perfect however when I sit it feels a bit too snug in the top block, mainly the waist line. How much this will stretch over time? Worth taking the time to break them in? Bigger size would be too loose, I'm sure.

Hi everybody.  Just wondering if anyone owned the 2nd type Orslow jacket?  Just wondering whether to buy this or the LVC version?  Please let me know of your experience of it or any other of your favourite brand for 2nd type.  

Many thanks,

^ don't be too worried on that.

long in the arm too.

raglan sleeves means shoulders are forgiving.

upper back a little tight / nipped in...

main feature to be aware of is overall length: quite a long piece...

(I am wearing a 4 but it is pretty trim fit, not much space for layering underneath... as whatever comparison; wear an xl / 44 in lvc for type 1 which allows for layering...)

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked up this OrSlow military shirt from Independence while in Chicago.
Honestly surprised that I took a 4 in this, always imagined I'd be a 5 in OrSlow shirts and jackets.
At the time it was out of necessity as it was cooler than I'm used to, but in reality it's a shirt that I've wanted for a long time. :D
Excuse the dog photobombing the shots. 
HaMTLEl.jpg
NM7Z6rz.jpg
bzoOulC.jpg?1
fqD6Kr0.jpg
eAfJw5C.jpg
5Yu1M6q.jpg
o2U1NNc.jpg

On 4/23/2019 at 4:39 AM, dotcomzzz said:

Actually grabbed some one wash 105s yesterday from Canoe Club last week with a lot of enthusiasm and excitement because the things are just so neppy. Like for real. It was great and I felt great about my kop. 

But then I wore them and things changed. I'm not so into the fit anymore. I'm thinking 107s now. Anyway shameless plug the 105s are up for sale if anyone wants a pair of few hours old size 5 o/w for cheap tags in hand

Can you post measurements ? 

The Bureau Belfast is having a sale right now, and I'm definitely getting their version of the Mill pant - but I can't decide whether to chose the chino or poplin version. They're nearly identical save for the fabric used - does anyone have any input as to pros and cons of either version?

https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/10424/khaki-chino-tbb-mill-pant

https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/10226/khaki-poplin-tbb-mill-pant

The 105 is loosely based on a 1950s 501. It has a standard leg but is still a fairly tailored silhouette.

The 90s as its name suggests is based on a loose/baggy fitting 1990s silhouette and comes without selvedge.

The pair you linked to is also a raw version, whereas the 105s mostly come one wash. 

Just got an email back from Canoe Club and a Rakuten seller.  Apparently the standard 105 and the new 90s 105 are both based on the same fitting/style.   Different on details such as no red selvedge or twisted seams on the new model.  

I haven't worn my 105 enough to have this problem b_F but, based on how the fly is sewn, I can see this happening down the road.  My temptation is to trim the sharp edge of the inner fly with a scissors but wonder if this will cause more problems than solve.

I’ve had this problem (on non-Orslow pairs) and have trimmed the sharp edge into more of a gentle curve and manually overlocked it. Simple but effective repair.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

I have a pair of women's 105s that I'm trying to sell. I bought them for my wife, but they are a bit too small. Maybe someone special in your life needs a pair! I'll give you a great deal. 

Size 1 

09DE1E0B-CC65-4C33-AD1C-407AAD2EC9EA.jpeg

3F6462F9-E482-4172-AF80-AC165E5466CF.jpeg

2217A6AD-437D-44ED-AE36-BC867C878712.jpeg

B0DFCFDE-7D03-456C-B5E0-3CA5B7424736.jpeg

E924127D-44EB-4AB5-9D16-AE7C19F65621.jpeg

2F337F5E-20B6-46C6-9D61-6BD8C8926CD2.jpeg

14774BA5-8B6B-47E9-B754-1C6B36948415.jpeg

7671014C-E719-4E21-8FE4-7E569F3BCA69.jpeg

83FD5238-8C1C-45D1-A4B5-751248AED666.jpeg

47CB718F-6931-439A-B681-A3AD01B174ED.jpeg