Orslow

Niro

Great fit and they’re wearing in nicely. I’ve been wearing my size 3 pair too — thanks for the tip on the 105. Will be interesting to see if the inseam comes up at all with washing. There’s a little room but not much!

On 2/25/2019 at 2:18 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Sorry for the silence! I kept the size 4. Size 3 was already too tight at the waist too become comfortable and the thighs were also too slim. The size 4 feels also slimmer than my 105 in size 3.

I have been eyeing these.

Do the waist tabs have much function? How breathable would they be for warm weather you think?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2019 at 7:14 PM, SmokeStackLightning said:

Do the waist tabs have much function? How breathable would they be for warm weather you think?

I haven't used the waist tabs yet. The pants fit good right now. The ripstop fabric is definitely a lighter fabric and I can see it wearing well in summer. That said, it's also nice while hiking through Tierra del Fuego :D

20190307_120023.thumb.jpg.52f331cc43b6d4f0536256f846895566.jpg

On 3/8/2019 at 2:29 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Anyone owing the 107 in size 4, could you please provide BiG style measurements?! :) thanks!

Waist: 18 1/2 in

front rise:  11 1/2 in

Back rise: 16 in 

Thigh: 12 inch

Inseam: 28 in (bought them used, not sure if they were hemmed)

leg opening: 7 1/2 in

I've always found with the 107 that to accommodate the correct thigh and rise measurements must people always end up with a bit of space on the waist.

I suspect it has a lot to do with the fact that orSlow only make five sizes as opposed to the usual eight variations if they used inches. 

orSlow's size chart for the thigh measurement is

1= 11.375"

2= 11.75"

3= 12.125"

4= 12.5"

5= 13"

On 2/27/2019 at 11:14 PM, SmokeStackLightning said:

I use the waist tabs all the time on two of my fatigue pants, as they stretch a bit with wear, or when I don't feel like wearing a belt. 

16 hours ago, dotcomzzz said:

Apparently there is a 'used' version of the two year 107. Looks more faded out in the lap area and the inseam is about five inches shorter.

Sounds curious, do you have any pictures? 

orSlow generally uses the terms "one year" "two year" and "used" for different levels of distress on their denim garments. Normally for the jeans and jackets its one or two years, for shirting and USN Pants ect the term is used.

For the inseam to be 5" shorter? you are talking about a 25"-28" inseam for a pair of 107s. Sounds unlikely to me, however, I could be mistaken. 

Im pretty sure that the Dads Denim Pant (01-1010) is the widest fitting jean they have and the Vintage Fit Army Trouser is your best option for a chino. 

The USN pant and US Army Fatigue are also notable contenders although slightly less wide than the two styles mentioned above. 

On 3/14/2019 at 12:52 PM, kicks79 said:

Im pretty sure that the Dads Denim Pant (01-1010) is the widest fitting jean they have and the Vintage Fit Army Trouser is your best option for a chino. 

The USN pant and US Army Fatigue are also notable contenders although slightly less wide than the two styles mentioned above. 

Thank you !

Canoe club has a new sort of wash in the 107 

https://shopcanoeclub.com/collections/orslow/products/orslow-ivy-fit-denim-107-2-year-wash

Theyre calling it a two year wash but it's not the typical two year. Way more washed out and no lap whiskers like the typical two year. It's also got some very cool oxidation going on with the rivets, looks like gasoline in water or something. Sadly they are not selvage but I don't care. I'm hoping they can get a 5 in

I dunno, I just thought the rivet coloring was cool/unusual. 

Anyway, I'd be happy to find a short inseam pair of 107 two years. I see inseams ranging from 32.5" - 34" but nothing shorter for a size 5. Does anyone know if they've stopped doing the short inseam on these, or was 32.5 as short as they ever were? 

As far as I know, they only make one inseam length. 

Here is the inseam length for the 107 from size 1 to 5

29", 30", 30.75", 33", 33" 

As mentioned previously orSlow states that you can expect some pairs to vary slightly by up to half an inch.

Edited by kicks79
i can't spell :D

On 3/17/2019 at 7:58 AM, dotcomzzz said:

Canoe club has a new sort of wash in the 107 

https://shopcanoeclub.com/collections/orslow/products/orslow-ivy-fit-denim-107-2-year-wash

Theyre calling it a two year wash but it's not the typical two year. Way more washed out and no lap whiskers like the typical two year. It's also got some very cool oxidation going on with the rivets, looks like gasoline in water or something. Sadly they are not selvage but I don't care. I'm hoping they can get a 5 in

It's a pretty cool looking wash...and yet...$335? IMO you can get the same effect with some well chosen used 501s or 505s, plus you get a red tab. Note that Canoe Club states that a 505 is the inspiration. I'm a huge Orslow fan but once in a while the brand goes off the rails a bit. 

11 hours ago, kicks79 said:

As far as I know, they only make one inseam length. 

Here is the inseam length for the 107 from size 1 to 5

29", 30", 30.75", 33", 33" 

As mentioned previously orSlow states that you can expect some pairs to vary slightly by up to half an inch.

Only half an inch? I dunno, I've seen up to 34" as here

https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/9983/2-year-wash-107-slim

and as short as 32.5" here

https://www.alphashadows.com/inventory/orslow-107-slim-fit-denim-2-year-wash

I get that there's variances in the length, sure, but 1.5" seems like a lot. Oh well I think I'll just go for the ones from alphashadows, as they have the shortest inseam I can find and I'm after a sort of hayashi look

@peter1 They're definitely not cheap. And yeah I'm sure I could find a similar wash, I'd just never seen that type of oxidation on the rivets before so wanted to share. I guess I just like rivets. But no you're totally right, ebaying some 501s would be the way to go if I'm after something like that wash and that's it.

Edited by dotcomzzz

I decided to sell my pair of 107 because the legs were just too slim. If the pattern would have been the same as the slim fatigues they would have been perfect. Question for those of you with the 105... would you say the fit is similar to a WH 800? I’d prefer them to be a tad bit slimmer.