Orslow

Niro

7 hours ago, bacton said:

Does anyone know of any stores that carry orslow in Tokyo?

Many, many Beams stores has some basic orSlow inventory, and some seasonal/special items. I would recommend checking out Classico – a cozy little shop with a good selection of orSlow and other Japanese brands, and some nice homeware & stationary. I also believe And Pheb could be worth checking out!

so i received an interesting reply from the retailer...

We have a feeling their may have been a little media activity around the brand last week as quite a few pairs of the 107”s were despatched and we are now currently oversold in this style. Our earlier deliveries of the 107 did have a shorter leg length. Our most recent deliveries (18 months) have been featuring a longer leg length. We have a delivery leaving Japan this coming week but cannot confirm leg length on these until they arrive. Purchasing by leg length is not an option with Orslow, and all styles are delivered in their standard leg length. I have a feeling that the Orslow provided measurements you included relate to these earlier deliveries.

5 hours ago, kicks79 said:

I just measured our orSlow drop. The size 3 107 inseam clocks in at exactly 30.75" 

that's really weird. the only thing i can think of is i have a dud, or they do occasionally make pairs with a longer inseam for the western market? perhaps i should return these and order from you.

• 1 month later...

anyhoo

total photo-dump

finding some oshkosh bibs from c.50s and with the orslow 50s chore sitting around in the interwebs

thought to pair them up...

below: some impressions, including:

orslow fabric and stitching (a combination of playful and faithful...) and fit (along with the 50s bibs)

and then some comparisons of the two garments bar-tack stitching and corner stitch detailing, fabric weave and hue and so on... (interestingly, for all orslow's simplicity, the fabric is still pretty torqued up compared to an earlier fabric...)

a long narrow fit, quite stiff and chunky denim considering its weight, a little neater than expected... a workwear power suit... 

001 fabric.JPG

001a.JPG

001b.JPG

001c.JPG

002 general stitch.JPG

002a.JPG

002c.JPG

002d.JPG

002e.JPG

002f.JPG

006b.png

006c.png

IMG_2294.JPG

003 bar-tack comp.JPG

004a.JPG

004c.JPG

004f.JPG

005 fabric comp.JPG

005b.JPG

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Measurements (BiG style) of a pair of one wash 105 (size 3) I bought, hope they help:

Waist: 17"

Inseam: 32"

Front Rise: 11.75"

Back Rise: 15.25"

Thigh: 12.75"

Knee: 9.12"

Leg Opening: 8"

Additional measurements:

Hip: 22" (3" from the crotch seam)

Outseam: 42.5"

Edited by bod

In other news, Levis has gone after orSlow for patent infrignment and they will no longer be able to attach a tab to the pockets of their denim jackets and jeans. The good news is that nothing else will change. Just from next season, there will be no more tabs. I guess that it makes the pairs we already own with a tab that extra bit special. 

Edited by kicks79
my terrible spelling

I always thought the white tab was quite pleasant, so that's a shame that they'll be disappearing. In my opinion, tabs only look nice in the “normal” position as opposed to anywhere else. I'm assuming this ban also includes placing it on the bottom right corner of the back pocket?

@bod where did you order the pair?

It's funny, the orslow measurements are all over the place.
Frans Boone store lists the inseam for a size 3 at 28.5" and I saw other shops listing this as well but the models wearing the jeans were women. Is there a Men and Women version of the 105 with different measurements? @kicks79

Does anyone have actual worn measurements of the 105 size 4?
I've seen a lot of conflicting information, the measurements posted a few pages back that are direct from OrSlow lead me to believe that they would work, while other retailers list them as smaller. If the waist comes out to 35 and the thigh is closer to 13 I can pull them off.
I've given up on finding a pair in size 5 from JP with the proper tab placement, but I've found a size 4 and I'm wondering if I should give 'em a go.
Or I could just wait until my fatigues get here and I can see how those fit. :rolleyes: