Orslow

Niro

Can someone who owns the vintage fit work shirt in black comment on shrinkage? I’m looking at one but it s seems kinda big going by measurements from rakuten. Thanks! 

The vintage work shirt as its name implies is a vintage fit. So its going to fit larger than modern day work shirts and indeed the normal orSlow work shirt.

Speaking from experience with my chambray BD shirt from orSlow it shrank around 3-5%. I found my white BD didn't really shrink at all. I have no experience with the black fabric though sorry. I hope that helps. 

size 5 orslow 105's, after warm wash tumble dry BiG style

W: 36"

FR:12.5"

BR: 17"

Thigh: 13.5"

Inseam. 32.5"

Leg Opening: about 8.25-8.5"

I have seen measurements for the same size saying thigh is 12", even 11.5".  Shameful  

Edited by garden gnomes in space
added back rise info

3 hours ago, garden gnomes in space said:

size 5 orslow 105's, after warm wash tumble dry BiG style

W: 36"

FR:12.5"

Thigh: 13.5"

Inseam. 32.5"

Leg Opening: about 8.25-8.5"

I have seen measurements for the same size saying thigh is 12", even 11.5".  Shameful  

Yeah the thigh measurement is one of the reasons that I haven't got a pair of 105s. Good to get a better measurment. Thanks! :)

On 9/19/2016 at 9:34 AM, Broark said:

I really just want to find a pair of 105's from Japan so they have the tab in the normal location.

One day I'll find a pair.

11 hours ago, Broark said:

The measurements for the 105 look nice gnomes, how's the back rise?
If I can ever track down a size 5 from Japan with proper tab placement I'd likely buy a pair.

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, garden gnomes in space said:

a nice single .5" cuff with no break looks really sharp on these, 

shortish inseam so small single cuff was only option for me, but yea suits these jeans well

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, SuperJackle said:

Guys what rakuten stores ship to USA and have a good product offering from orslow? 

Pheb International

They stock a lot of Orslow and also do collabs from time to time.

You can say that about any artisanal brand.

Orslow has a certain aesthetic to it. Clothing is mostly all based on classic military and workwear pieces, but with their own slight interpretation of it. Designs are simple, but often simple is the best, and that's their speciality. They don't really have a set fit, it seems to differ from piece to piece. I really like the fit of their ivy fit jeans, but do not like the fit of their button down shirts at all.

Also I believe most of their fabrics are custom made, including their signature denim, which I am a big fan of. 

22 minutes ago, Niro said:

Clothing is mostly all based on classic military and workwear pieces, but with their own slight interpretation of it. Designs are simple, but often simple is the best, and that's their speciality.

I am interested already :)

Orslow is hard to understand by just looking at pictures of the product on-line.  In hand they are, like stated previously, basic designs with a special twist.  its not a big grand twist like say Kapital, but rather a subtle one that fly's under the radar and that is really exciting and refreshing.  Its hard to explain

The material on the denim is great

i picked up a pair of the special wash 107s that were done for bureau Belfast and liked them so much i bought a type 3 jacket as well

you can find good deals on them during sale season but they go quick 

I am just confused why is the brand being marketed as mainstream/mass produced. It is available on sites like End clothing that usually sell brands like Edwin etc. And niche sites that sell raw denim don't seem to carry the brand (Self Edge, RivetandHide, Okayamadenim). I am not questioning whether the brand is truly artisan or not. Just voicing my thoughts.

2 hours ago, i_denim said:

I am just confused why is the brand being marketed as mainstream/mass produced. It is available on sites like End clothing that usually sell brands like Edwin etc. And niche sites that sell raw denim don't seem to carry the brand (Self Edge, RivetandHide, Okayamadenim). I am not questioning whether the brand is truly artisan or not. Just voicing my thoughts.

uh, orslow isn't marketed as mainstream of mass produced. end stock everything from adidas to visvim.

Does anybody know about the fabric on the 107 jeans, if it is loose or tight weave? Now that I realize my PBJs are loose weave and keep stretching even though I am just sitting on my ass, it's important to know about the fabric.

Also, their "One Wash" is simply raw/rigid denim washed once and they haven't tried to fade/give it a look?