Orslow

Niro

7 hours ago, JDelage said:

The published measurements for the 105 are all over the place. For example:

https://www.bigtroublestore.com/collections/orslow/products/orslow-standard-denim-one-wash Size 4 waist is 35", thigh 11", hem 7" (so a super skinny fit)

https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/6301/one-wash-105-standard-5-pocket-jean Size 4 waist is 34", thigh 12.75", hem 8.5" (so a regular / tapered fit)

We did talk about this a few pages back. The 105 is a regular fit, the 107 a tapered fit. The two jeans are almost identical, except for past the knee, where it is a full leg for the 105 and the tapered leg for the 107.

The official Orslow measurements for waist Size 4 are 35". A lot of stores say they are a 34" probably so as not to confuse customers. Also, the thigh and rise measurements are a little small for western guys who wear a 34" so a size 4 would fit better than a size 3 even though the size 3 is a 34" waist. I'm assuming the Burea has taken this into account 

I measured the thigh and hem using the BIG method. I'm not sure how The Burea has measured. I'm happy to concede that my measurements are out a little. It is never an exact science measuring denim. 

If you have any other questions always happy to help.

On 3/30/2017 at 6:14 PM, kicks79 said:

We did talk about this a few pages back. The 105 is a regular fit, the 107 a tapered fit. The two jeans are almost identical, except for past the knee, where it is a full leg for the 105 and the tapered leg for the 107.

The official Orslow measurements for waist Size 4 are 35". A lot of stores say they are a 34" probably so as not to confuse customers. Also, the thigh and rise measurements are a little small for western guys who wear a 34" so a size 4 would fit better than a size 3 even though the size 3 is a 34" waist. I'm assuming the Burea has taken this into account 

I measured the thigh and hem using the BIG method. I'm not sure how The Burea has measured. I'm happy to concede that my measurements are out a little. It is never an exact science measuring denim. 

If you have any other questions always happy to help.

The 107 is one of our favorite jeans in the shop now, and we're well acquainted with the fit. If anyone has questions on fit/shrink, hit us up. Always happy to help.

I asked Orslow about the size discrepancies and they said that the tagged size is what they expect them to be after wash and dry.

However, it's likely that individual pairs will vary just like vintage denim, which never runs exactly to the same measurements.

So that their size chart is an averedge and a guide to help people get an idea from it.

This is their size chart.

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 5.01.12 pm.png

Keep eyeing those USN pants, since they seem ideal for summer, but can anyone chime in on how breathable the fabric is? The darker denim makes them seem like they might get pretty warm, but if they denim breaths well I may have to pick up a pair 

The looser fit and 9-ounce fabric make them pretty breathable for a denim pant.

However, it all depends on what you are used to. For example if all you wear are 14-ounce denim, then these are going to feel lighter, however, if all you wear is 6-ounce cotton pants these will feel hot.

they are incredibly breathable in my opinion.  This could be due to the fact that they are a very relaxed fit though.  But if the Indonesian Brotherhood can fade Iron Hearts in Jakarta these would feel like linen MC Hammer pants in comparison.

BTW if anyone has a lead on a pair of these in size 4 let me know...

Nevermind, after looking for weeks I found a pair...

Edited by garden gnomes in space

I wish Orslow would put out a slim fitting type 1 or type 2 jacket in their flagship denim. I know the store, Pheb International, did a collab with them for a type 1 jacket, but they kept it a true vintage boxy fit, so it was not for me.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, conqueror said:

tossing up between the french work pants and slim fatigues (blue exclusive through TBB). hmm.

I can attest to the awesomeness of the work pants. The fit is super comfortable, with a higher rise, roomy thighs and a moderate taper that helps them hang well. For what it's worth though, the fabric is a pretty light weight, and the herringbone fabric is very neat, but only really noticeable up close in proper light. It may become more visible as they wash and gradually fade I imagine 

Interested in the slim fatigues as well. What size are yours? I'd love to get some real world measurements on size 4 before I order if anyone has them. I've found a few different size charts with varying measurements. 

thanks for the heads up, perhaps i should get the slim fatigues (it's winter here now) and save the work pants for warmer weather. sounds like they would have been useful when i was in singapore last week! hopefully a sz 2 (my 107 size) is okay.

edit: jesus christ the AUD/GBP exchange rate is horrendous at the moment. ugh.

Edited by conqueror

• 2 weeks later...

How did you wash them? In machine?

I thought they wouldn't shrink much since they are one wash. Interesting if mine do the same when I get round to washing them for first time

On 5/10/2017 at 8:01 PM, garden gnomes in space said:

I have the slim fatigues in the green and the fabric is probably different, the cut is great.  I sized up one so its not as slim as one might like but I love them

How do you like the fabric weight and weave for summer? I'm considering buying a pair to wear over board shorts on the way to and from the beach. 

• 3 weeks later...

Is anybody aware of a retailer that may have the heavy satin cargo pair in Green in a size 5?  I have the navy and it is hands down one of the best pair of pants I own.  Looking to complete the set.

• 3 weeks later...