Orslow

Niro

so my gf bought me a pair of one wash 107s for xmas (hopefully from kicks79?). for reference, i usually only buy a new pair of jawns every 2-3yrs and have previously worn eternal 883s (current, will now retire), sam 710s and momotaro 0701s.

thoughts:

- suuuuuper nice feel and construction. definitely the slubbiest pair of jeans i've owned.

- measurements provided seem to be accurate but are also deceiving. on paper, i was worried that the sz 2 i asked for would be smaller than my eternals (sz 32) and that i should have got a sz 3. however, the sz 2 arrived and is definitely looser around the waist than i expected (downside) but also more generous in the thigh (upside). i'm hardly a small dude (6'1/78ish kg) so wearing trousers labelled 'US/EU S' with room to spare is a new one for me! in all honesty i could probably squeeze into a sz 1 if i really wanted a 2008 sufu look.

- rise is perfect.

- thought i'd hate the zip fly but it's actually a nice change.

- shorter inseam is dope as i can just do 2x small cuffs and don't have to fuck around with getting them hemmed.

- cardboard patch is the only real negative i have, although i completely understand the intention and history behind it.

- i guess lots of people might dislike the tabbed label being on the bottom of the back pocket, but it doesn't bother me.

edited because i apparently can't spell for shit.

Edited by conqueror

i got a pair of moleskin Orslows at Standard and Strange the other week or so and I love them.  Not denim, but its nice to have an alternative fabric to wear,  That said, Im not sure the cut, and I sized up one because I had no choice but a belt solves that issue and the extra room feels nice...

• 2 weeks later...

Happy today. The chambray shirts which I thought were a bit too long, well I have worn and washed one of them twice and it has shrunk a bit in length. I only wash on 40 degree cycle and then air dry.

Kinda wish I had a tumble dryer to see if it would shrink more.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so ive been bit by the orSlow bug.  Just copped the us navy utility pant in denim.  I have always wanted the TCB seamans pants but didnt want the USN logo.  Anyways I kind of fell into these and decided to cop.  had to go abroad as these seem hard to find above a size 3.  The Bureau Belfast hooked it up, great service BTW.  These are a tad big on me and they def. need a hem.  Im gonna nuke them in a hot wash dry a couple times before i get around to hemming tho.  Anyways, pic taken from teh Bureau Belfast for identification purposes.  

The denim is a lightweight maybe 9 or 10 oz, kinda neppy and really nice.  

e128b2468248fcb9f339b675b9d75427.jpg

Edited by garden gnomes in space

3 hours ago, kicks79 said:

I'm wearing my pair of the USN pants right now.

Great denim and very comfortable.  Definitely, give them a few hot washes before you alter them. They have a little bit of shrink in them. 

good to know, thanks!  Hows teh denim wear?  They seem like they could possibly be a fast fading pair.  Have any pics of yours?  

• 3 weeks later...

The published measurements for the 105 are all over the place. For example:

https://www.bigtroublestore.com/collections/orslow/products/orslow-standard-denim-one-wash Size 4 waist is 35", thigh 11", hem 7" (so a super skinny fit)

https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/6301/one-wash-105-standard-5-pocket-jean Size 4 waist is 34", thigh 12.75", hem 8.5" (so a regular / tapered fit)

There's a few ways to measure pants. I would say The Bureau's measurements are more in line with what we accept as the standard for measuring jeans. (i.e. the BiG method.) My size 4 pair was a bit bigger, though. Slightly over 17" waist and closer to 13" thigh. (Maybe they're going seam to seam on the thigh, though.)