The Leather Jacket Thread

Iron Horse

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah that looks like it is embossed the same way as my jacket is. The only difference is that leather actually looks black while mine is actually dark brown. Be careful though. Mine was labelled as "black" on every website and it's definitely not actually black. 

I cannot say that I am a fan of the printed leather on my jacket. It's not ugly, but I would have much preferred a non-printed leather. I got my jacket because of the design and the fit and I love it, but the leather is by far my least favorite aspect of it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone here have experience with Moto's leather jackets? specifically this one:

http://store-motostyle.jp/?pid=122594923

I don't own any leather jackets and my main concern is the sleeve width, they mention here that they slimmed them down and was wondering if anyone has any idea if that can work on western body proportions.

Since I'm new to leather jackets I'd also appreciate any other input regarding this specific jacket. Thank you!

5 hours ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

Does anyone here have experience with Moto's leather jackets? specifically this one:

http://store-motostyle.jp/?pid=122594923

I don't own any leather jackets and my main concern is the sleeve width, they mention here that they slimmed them down and was wondering if anyone has any idea if that can work on western body proportions.

Since I'm new to leather jackets I'd also appreciate any other input regarding this specific jacket. Thank you!

It's a nice jacket. I've seen that model in person when I went to Moto a couple years ago in Japan. The leather does look quite nice. Moto tends to do a great job choosing and finishing their leathers. Construction quality looked solid, though not as elaborate or beautiful as some other makers. 

I think it's weird that it doesn't have a chest pocket, but that's a personal preference.

Right now, I have boots and gloves from Moto/Motor and they both punch well above their price range in my opinion. My guess is that this jacket will likely do the same at 120,000 yen, especially in regard to the leather.

You could also talk to Mike @wildfrontiergoods on Instagram. He knows the brand very well and could give you a lot more info on this specific jacket than I ever could. 

• 2 months later...

Went to see John Chapman at Goodwear on Monday. Super nice guy and extremely passionate. I'm finally at the head of the line. First to come, just on time for summer, will be a B-6 jacket...  ;)

Got this G1 for a steal on yahoo auctions. Anyone else have one and can chat it up about it?

06E0BDBD-9EA0-43A9-9B4B-E51CE7A36D6A.png

On 5/19/2021 at 10:25 PM, JDelage said:

Went to see John Chapman at Goodwear on Monday. Super nice guy and extremely passionate. I'm finally at the head of the line. First to come, just on time for summer, will be a B-6 jacket...  ;)

How long have you had to wait for the jacket ? I heard he makes the best!  I went to meet someone a couple of years ago in south London who was selling one but it was too small 

Well, my jacket was a special case because on top of his usual ETA he had to source the fleece, which is a bit more specialized than regular leather. I sent him my deposit in March 2017. He did give me a nice discount for the delay.

Here are a few pics...

GoodwearB6_front.jpg

GoodwearB6_back.jpg

GoodwearB6_collar.jpg

Spoke to Anemoscope a day ago and they sent me a text about resumes shipping to USA.    They sell Sunset Bay Leathers

Two  of my favorite jackets are the Buzzard and Georgia

D2F3C6F1-AC40-4CC3-B7D4-F5E74A745655.png

3D7ABE15-277B-4AA7-8577-2CCBF7EC1893.png

B7970499-A382-4FE7-A3CC-F4A3A42AAFB9.png

When I was at Good Wear, John let me try on a jacket he had just completed for one of his customers. Unfortunately it was not available... John sent me a pic he took then.

Mojave_Front.jpg

On 6/1/2021 at 3:37 PM, JDelage said:

When I was at Good Wear, John let me try on a jacket he had just completed for one of his customers. Unfortunately it was not available... John sent me a pic he took then.

Mojave_Front.jpg

Nice fit what size are you in good wear ? 

Well, I'm not too sure actually. Probably 40? Since I live close to John, I just drove to his place and he had me try a few jackets to figure the right size for me. I now that jacket I tried was made for someone who asked for a shorter length.

16 hours ago, JDelage said:

Well, I'm not too sure actually. Probably 40? Since I live close to John, I just drove to his place and he had me try a few jackets to figure the right size for me. I now that jacket I tried was made for someone who asked for a shorter length.

That’s brilliant that you can just drive to his house and get fitted have you got any of his a2s 

Edited by lee porter

Picked this buddy up for a steal on yahoo auctions. Not the right season for it, but so far I’m loving it!

3CA40BA6-AE5F-4822-8010-930663729124.jpeg

D8DB6723-EDBF-4AAC-BD5A-3939009CE7B6.jpeg

The G-1 is a great jacket -- looks good, fits well, and is practical with an interior pocket and two reasonably wide outside pockets.  Nice pick-up srudy.

I like the A-2 too, especially the versatility of lighter weight and the simple collar, but it's otherwise less useful, due to the small pockets, as JDelage says.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

The G-1 is a great jacket -- looks good, fits well, and is practical with an interior pocket and two reasonably wide outside pockets.  Nice pick-up srudy.

I like the A-2 too, especially the versatility of lighter weight and the simple collar, but it's otherwise less useful, due to the small pockets, as JDelage says.

Thanks JohnM! I’m really liking it! A pretty and classic piece.