Iron Horse

The Leather Jacket Thread

Every opportunity i get, which in actual fact was only 2 or 3 times last year.. :sad:

f'kin Pangolins! what did we ever do to them? ....oh yea

Same embossed leather as McCoys are using on some other recent releases it seems - I’m sure Jake has the Cooper (or similar) in that leather

Yeah that looks like it is embossed the same way as my jacket is. The only difference is that leather actually looks black while mine is actually dark brown. Be careful though. Mine was labelled as "black" on every website and it's definitely not actually black. 

I cannot say that I am a fan of the printed leather on my jacket. It's not ugly, but I would have much preferred a non-printed leather. I got my jacket because of the design and the fit and I love it, but the leather is by far my least favorite aspect of it. 

Does anyone here have experience with Moto's leather jackets? specifically this one:

http://store-motostyle.jp/?pid=122594923

I don't own any leather jackets and my main concern is the sleeve width, they mention here that they slimmed them down and was wondering if anyone has any idea if that can work on western body proportions.

Since I'm new to leather jackets I'd also appreciate any other input regarding this specific jacket. Thank you!

5 hours ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

Does anyone here have experience with Moto's leather jackets? specifically this one:

http://store-motostyle.jp/?pid=122594923

I don't own any leather jackets and my main concern is the sleeve width, they mention here that they slimmed them down and was wondering if anyone has any idea if that can work on western body proportions.

Since I'm new to leather jackets I'd also appreciate any other input regarding this specific jacket. Thank you!

It's a nice jacket. I've seen that model in person when I went to Moto a couple years ago in Japan. The leather does look quite nice. Moto tends to do a great job choosing and finishing their leathers. Construction quality looked solid, though not as elaborate or beautiful as some other makers. 

I think it's weird that it doesn't have a chest pocket, but that's a personal preference.

Right now, I have boots and gloves from Moto/Motor and they both punch well above their price range in my opinion. My guess is that this jacket will likely do the same at 120,000 yen, especially in regard to the leather.

You could also talk to Mike @wildfrontiergoods on Instagram. He knows the brand very well and could give you a lot more info on this specific jacket than I ever could. 

4 hours ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

Thank you!! That was very helpful. I will contact Mike as well. 

You're welcome! I'm sure he will be able to help out a lot more.