The Leather Jacket Thread

Iron Horse

40 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

that whole outfit is fantastic @srudy

appreciate that jake! ecru and leather is a winner.

Edited by srudy

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, JDelage said:

What's the quality & fit of Orgueil jackets? I've not seen them discussed much.

I handled and tried on a couple Orgueil leather jackets in Japan a couple years ago. They was pretty nice, but didn't tempt me away from Freewheelers personally. Unfortunately I only tried on. The cossack jacket was nice and I liked the leather more than the Mister Freedom campus, but the sizing didn't work for me. Was much too long overall. My shirt from Orgueil is fantastic and one of my absolute favorites though.

3 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

What the fuck! check out Orgueil's pricing at Clutch Cafe :ohmy:

The Orgueil Sack Coat i bought from Earthmarket, 7 or so years ago was only a couple of 100 quid..

You can order direct from Orgueil, and it's less expensive. I find Clutch and SOAS prices are very, very high. SOAS prices for RDT Coupen's are nearly twice the price as direct from Japan - not sure why.

6 minutes ago, persco_ said:

You can order direct from Orgueil, and it's less expensive. I find Clutch and SOAS prices are very, very high. SOAS prices for RDT Coupen's are nearly twice the price as direct from Japan - not sure why.

Because it’s Laaandan Taan mate :laugh2:

1 minute ago, Duke Mantee said:

At last - your leather jacket ...

Now if someone just wants to spot me $2.1k, sure. :D
I've always leaned more towards the half-belt style personally. But mulling this one over...

I wouldn't buy a second hand Brakey.. the leather is quite mouldable/plastersceney  and within a few days wear the arms stack as it moulds to your body shape, this stacking settles down massively within a month or two but those virgin wrinkles will always be apparent... i like vintage clothing and i'm quite happy to buy used denim even though the fades don't quite follow my regular fade pattern, the difference being, those jeans will be fucked in less than 2 years and chucked in the bin whereas a Brakeman will last you decades, if not the rest of your life therefore for a few 100 quid more you might as well make it your own from day one or it could always feel like you're wearing someone else's jacket, not a feeling you want when you've just splurged $2000...

Yeah I was thinking the sam exact thing 00.
Looking at the creasing and comparing that to the price it's a no-go.
And like I said, if it was a Mulholland or Caboose I would probably be all over it.

1 hour ago, Double 0 Soul said:

I wouldn't buy a second hand Brakey.. the leather is quite mouldable/plastersceney  and within a few days wear the arms stack as it moulds to your body shape, this stacking settles down massively within a month or two but those virgin wrinkles will always be apparent... i like vintage clothing and i'm quite happy to buy used denim even though the fades don't quite follow my regular fade pattern, the difference being, those jeans will be fucked in less than 2 years and chucked in the bin whereas a Brakeman will last you decades, if not the rest of your life therefore for a few 100 quid more you might as well make it your own from day one or it could always feel like you're wearing someone else's jacket, not a feeling you want when you've just splurged $2000...

Good point - although I was going to say to Broark the seller needs to knock at least $200~300 off the price 

1 hour ago, Broark said:

Yeah I was thinking the sam exact thing 00.
Looking at the creasing and comparing that to the price it's a no-go.
And like I said, if it was a Mulholland or Caboose I would probably be all over it.

You need to go new all the time based on Neal’s point - that’s how FW (and I guess then Shinki) horsehides are