The Leather Jacket Thread

Iron Horse

A place to discuss leather jackets, finally.

I've got a few on my radar, including Rainbow Country's single rider (Sears Hercules repro) in veg tan horsehide:

imgrc0096962109.jpgimgrc0096962110.jpg

Or High Large Leathers' Guthrie model (Lee Cowboy repro) in horsehide:

DSC_0807%5B1%5D_1.jpg

Or this Sugarcane adjustable collar horsehide half-belt:

252014101001a.jpg

Edited by Iron Horse

Lol... Do you mean can black guys wear lighter color leather?

I think so!

not like in an ok but like should I be looking into lighter color leathers opposed to black or dark brown/red. My dad has never liked me wearing black or dark colors.

not like in an ok but like should I be looking into lighter color leathers opposed to black or dark brown/red. My dad has never liked me wearing black or dark colors.

IMO you should wear whatever you want. I am of medium brown complexion and I like the look of brown jackets on me. 

I agree with dude, just get whatever color you want. I think lighter brown leathers could look super good against dark skin, and you can't tell me this isn't straight up badass too:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/finally-aero-thunderbay-pics.80173/

I agree with dude, just get whatever color you want. I think lighter brown leathers could look super good against dark skin, and you can't tell me this isn't straight up badass too:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/finally-aero-thunderbay-pics.80173/

That's a perfect example. I remember that thread. Kick ass.

• 1 month later...

I'm currently waiting on my first ever leather jacket, a Simmons Bilt Roadster in black chromexcel steer with a scarlet military viscose twill lining. I ordered it to be pretty snug, my chest measures 42" and I ordered a size 40, which will have a 22" pit-to-pit measurement, and I had them slim down the upper arms a bit. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can tame the damn thing lol. We'll see in a month or so...

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I can't exchange, but they will kindly sell it on my behalf through their outlet, so if anyone is interested in the Simmon Bilts Roadster jacket in Horween Warhawk FQCT horsehide, send me a PM. It's chest size 38, 25" back length, 25" arm length.

I was going to order another in smaller size but I think I will save for a highlarge leathers jacket.

• 2 months later...