that is the worst part about my natural indigo momotaro collaboration  with blue owl, the hem is 6 inch and i literally pull my jeans down and inside out just to get my feet through.

Those seem like they were made specifically to sell to rawdenim reddit. Someone's gonna size down 2 sizes and their feet will turn black and fall off.

I get why it makes business sense to make something to try to sell to the sneakerhead demographic, but those jeans look ridiculous.

Unless you're making skinny jeans out of a lightweight, stretchy fabric, having such a small leg opening makes zero sense to me.

On the other hand, Tanuki's straight fit actually looks really good.

i just got the draft tapered cut in the kaze fabric and i really love them. the silhouette reminds me of orslow's new yorker pant almost exactly. that said, this is denim and i can see it being a polarizing cut for many. i dont think it really works with the zetto fabric - certainly isnt working in that linked picture with the chunky socks lol. but man these KDTs make me happy. 

On 10/11/2019 at 10:09 AM, ColonelAngus said:

@mikecch

got anymore details on that Oni flannel?

They're 8 oz check twill, fabric that used to feature on Oni's pockets a few years ago.

Denimio is planning to launch them when their new website is fully up I believe.

@mikecch

Thanks. I saw Denimio plugging this shirt on IG for awhile now but they never really gave details other than 'coming soon.'

Edited by ColonelAngus

On 10/11/2019 at 2:17 AM, cusswords said:

Someone is going to order these online and not be able to fit their feet through the hem. It’s happened a few times over on the raw denim reddit when people taper their jeans so much they don’t account for their feet getting in the jeans. 

"Just use the plastic bag trick."

Peak 2019.

Does anyone here have a pair of Tanuki's jeans in the Earth denim? I'd like to see how it evolves.

Specfically, if anyone has a pair of ER (Regular cut) jeans of theirs, I'd love to hear how they are.

On 1/11/2020 at 3:46 PM, dudewuttheheck said:

4CX01PO.jpg?1

FW, Warehouse, Tanuki, Viberg x Division Road

What Tanuki jeans - cut and denim? What do you think of them? 

@mpukas these are the regular cut with the earth denim. 

As with many 'regular' or 'retro/vintage' cuts that are not made by actual repro brands, the rise is too low. I was sent them a few months ago when my waist was 3" wider and even then, they were slightly loose even after a machine wash. I bought them oversized for a higher rise, but the rise is still too low for me. Other than that, I like the cut. The hip flare is becoming too much on me now, but that obviously wouldn't be a problem with the correct size. 

The denim is nice. My favorite of theirs is their 21oz secret denim collab with Oni, but I like this denim a lot as well. Nice texture and character without any over the top elements. My favorite fabric still goes to the last RJB fabric, but I like this a lot too. Construction is also quite good. I'm working on a full review as well. Basically my only real complaint is the rise which isn't low, just not as high as I would like.

Edited by dudewuttheheck

I have that same pair of Earth Regular Straight, raw, on ice, that I got f/ Denimio's Black Friday sale. I had seen the Earth denim at Canoe Club in Boulder a couple years ago in the High Tapered cut. I liked the denim, and I liked @mikecch in-depth review of that denim. The measurements of the Regular Straight cut were appealing. But I think I have a size too small in a 32. I had tried on a 32 in EHT, and it fit but was snug. My measurements of the ERS are about 1 size smaller than Denimio's. Raw they fit nearly perfectly, the waist is just a little big. Thighs are roomy enough. The rise is fine for me. If they shrink a lot they'll be tighter than I want. Denimio wouldn't exchange since I got them in the sale. They said they'd stretch back out to raw measurements, but I don't find that to always be the case, and that would be mainly in the waist. I need room in the upper thighs. 

I also have the Oni x Tanuki 21.5 HT, raw, on ice. They are 32 also, and prolly a size too small. Again they fit well raw, but I have a feeling that denim will shrink a lot and would be really tight on me. The hem width is narrow. And, I'm unsure what I think about that denim. I get all the geeky stuff about it. and I can't say why but it just doesn't do much for me. It's a loose weave, rough texture, quite neppy. Kinda reminds me of blue burlap. Doesn't seem durable at all. After seeing @cander49 Oni's a couple years ago fall apart after a less than 1 year's wear, I lost interest in Oni. There was so much hype around the OxT collab that when a pair popped up, I jumped on them. 

I've been wearing TFH 3202 20oz for the past 2.5 months daily, and I'm infatuated with this denim. It's skewed my perception of everything else. It's just that they're so freakin' tight I can barely move, and I'm not sure how much longer I can take it. The front crotch seam has already ripped open below the fly. 

Yeah the Oni collab denim is a little more neppy than I would like, but I think the warp and weft colors together are why I like it so much.

That Flat Head denim looks brilliant and I would love a pair of those. Shame about the sizing. We have both sized incorrectly, but in the opposite directions :D

I'm very surprised you like Tanuki as much as you do. Even, at all... 

14 minutes ago, mpukas said:

I'm very surprised you like Tanuki as much as you do. Even, at all... 

I like a lot of jeans that are not strict repro actually. I just don't wear them or buy them too much anymore. I like a lot of Strike Gold fabrics, Tanuki fabrics, Samurai etc and my all time favorite denim fabric is from RJB. I have come close to buying many of them. I still regret not grabbing one of the Samurai 25oz anniversary pairs.

Edited by dudewuttheheck