• 1 month later...

Any updates from the Tanuki owners here?!

Crickets? I have a pair of the oni collab, but they're only about 2 months old at this point. Not much happening in terms of fading yet despite wearing them every day. Love the fit, very comfortable, super hairy with nice slub and nep. I'll drop some photos in a few months.  :D

Any updates from the Tanuki owners here?!

My IDT1 is coming along nicely. A mate of mine went a bit crazy with that brand and I think he owns every available fabric of their jeans. The retro fabric fades really well, he wore that straight for a couple of months - but now he has to rotate them and process has slowed down 😂 Anyway, we're both very happy with our Tanukis (even though I realise this makes us sound like a happy couple that recently adopted a dog...)

^ Retro tapered should be available at Godspeed in the next week or so.

The Retro straight I reviewed it seems, for the time being, will only be available in Japan.

Edited by mikecch

^ They mentioned a couple, but stated they don't ship overseas - indeed my pair was from Nara.

I don't actually know the names of the shops.

Probably best to ask them directly, but it seems that they have coordinated the Western market very carefully.

Each of the major retailers are selling at the same price, and I doubt we will be able to purchase from Japan.

• 2 months later...

So I just got my Tanuki double indigo in taper and thought you guys might like to see them since I haven't seen them around.  My first impression of these jeans is the incredible texture of the fabric.  I didn't really think much about the marketing of extra low tension weaving but the slub on these jeans is phenomenal.  The texture really has to be felt and I'm having to restrain myself from asking all my friends to feel my pants.  

There are a couple things I would change on these jeans.  First off, I think the pockets could be lined a bit more.  This is purely my preference based on owning a pair of pants from Raleigh Denim Workshop which are probably 2/3s lined while these Tanuki's are closer to half lined.  The function is the same, I just like the feeling of a lined pocket.  The second thing I might change is the inseam color.  I do not mind the blue but I saw on another edition that they had a grey inseam and I think this might be a little more understated and desirable.  These two things are very minor and do not affect my overall contentment with these jeans.  I'm exited to break these in and update with some of the fading.

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg