• 2 weeks later...

Review is up!

https://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/2016/09/27/tanuki-inc-japan-retro-regular-straight-rr1-review/

TL:DR Compared with other Japanese jeans, the main differences are the more European cuts and the custom denims. The construction of the jeans are pretty competent. No glaring faults to complain about.

If you are a full-time Full Count fan or Flat Head fanboy though, probably nothing here will convince you to break habit.

Looking forward to your review!

The taper seems to be quite strong for a regulaur cut but that's not a bad thing for me.

What I find noticable is the front rise measuring 12.5", which is quite high, the back rise with 15.25" is rather low compared to the front rise.

Any Moreno do on the regular cut? Is it available ?

I hate to say it given the marketing hype. But the regular cut looks pretty nice

Given the photos from the review, there isn't too much to shit talk anymore. Construction is solid. Marketing aside, they seem to be a good product. Not my cup of tea, but definitely a good option for some people.

Nothing has changed re: shittalking, it's not about whether the jeans are quality or not, it's about the insane claims made by tanuki.

After seeing the pics, they look good (like i thought they'd be), but just as good as any other quality brand we like to talk about. Definitely not better.

I find it interesting that you guys keep complaining about the marketing claims but still fall for it. The fact that you wanna know who's behind the brand means their stunt just worked. You thought about the brand more than you did about 100 other denim brands that launched ever since. By now we can agree that their jeans are solid and we still talk about it. So to sum up, that's good marketing because you create awareness and attention - which is pure gold in marketing terms - for the brand. Even Ed's delusional ranting about fucking mothers, Tanuki jeans and people disagreeing with him in general is good for the brand. And let the record show: I like their cuts and fabrics but couldn't care less who's behind it all.

Nobody here is falling for anything. It doesn't matter how much we're thinking about the brand because nobody who complained about the brand is actually going to buy it. The whole point of their marketing is not to target people who like things that are closer to the repro side. 

I find it interesting that you guys keep complaining about the marketing claims but still fall for it. The fact that you wanna know who's behind the brand means their stunt just worked. You thought about the brand more than you did about 100 other denim brands that launched ever since. By now we can agree that their jeans are solid and we still talk about it. So to sum up, that's good marketing because you create awareness and attention - which is pure gold in marketing terms - for the brand. Even Ed's delusional ranting about fucking mothers, Tanuki jeans and people disagreeing with him in general is good for the brand. And let the record show: I like their cuts and fabrics but couldn't care less who's behind it all.

no.  if I bought a pair of jeans and then regretted it I would have fallen for it.  Now Im just curious.  

Agreed. The haters that hate this brand hate it so much they keep revisiting this thread to bring up how much they hate Tanuki. You can't buy this kinda publicity