Flat Head SE05BSP - Worth Repairing?

franklyfresh

Found this pair while packing for a move. I used to really enjoy rocking these but had to retire them due to blowouts. Not sure if the damage is too extensive... I've never had repairs done on denim before so any input is greatly appreciated. Would be dope if I could wear em again.

The Flat Head SE05BSP

-18 months

-1 hot soak

-1 chlorine soak (pushed into pool)

-0 washes

Crotch - three blowouts

crotch_zps9kqd93vd.jpg

Hem/Leg Opening - multiple holes and heavy fraying at the cuff fold

hem_zpsbpjq57mp.jpg

Back - stitching above both back pockets, leather tag, and belt loop undone

back_zpsp39xaieo.jpg

7-7_zps08rooufg.jpg

Those are all the significant areas of damage. What do you guys think, could the damage be repaired? And if so, where could I send these for work to be done? I moved out of LA and don't have any local joints to hit up.

Edited by franklyfresh

Self Edge doesn't accept mail-ins, so you can't send them. You can drop them at SELA though and they will do a fine job... imo though, indigoproof is the safer bet. The work I had done was just perfect, and you can see countless examples of impeccable work.

I think those will run you at least $80 at Indigo Proof, and at Self Edge more like $50. If you want the absolute best work done or can't make it to SELA, go to Indigo Proof. Whatever you do, don't go to a standard tailor! They will not do justice to those jeans.

Also, this shouldn't be it's own thread.

Self Edge doesn't accept mail-ins, so you can't send them. You can drop them at SELA though and they will do a fine job... imo though, indigoproof is the safer bet. The work I had done was just perfect, and you can see countless examples of impeccable work.

I think those will run you at least $80 at Indigo Proof, and at Self Edge more like $50. If you want the absolute best work done or can't make it to SELA, go to Indigo Proof. Whatever you do, don't go to a standard tailor! They will not do justice to those jeans.

Also, this shouldn't be it's own thread.

I've been out of the denim game for years. Self Edge used to allow mail-ins but I guess their growth since then has made them too busy. I'll go with Indigo Proof and stay away from a tailor. Thanks for your input, really appreciate it.

Yeah this was a lot more straightforward than I had anticipated. Definitely doesn't need it's own thread :blush:. My qs have been answered as well so mods can lock this up. Thanks for everyone's help!!

Here are a few shitty pics of the flat heads:

1-1_zpsvbdupml9.jpg

2-2_zpsesxadd1q.jpg3-3_zpsqggun3zs.jpg4-4_zpsgyz0uv30.jpg

5-5_zpsugsr07gx.jpg

incAWSz.jpgbZVDEB6g.jpg

Edited by franklyfresh