Conners Sewing Factory

Flash

Not too tight at all. They are damn comfy and movement is not restricted at all. Since the denim is also quite light it helps with the cosiness. But the way the jeans are cut, it exaggerates your butt (similar to Full Count).

They are size 36.

When do you get your pair Ed?

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Was speaking with aho earlier about a contest .....? So this is just to see if there is any interest ? Bear in mind that the jeans are ¥45000 and there won't be a special run with special details but a model from there current lineup . Please pm me if you are interested

@Flash, berberjin did a very nice comparison of a 1946 vs WWII model a while back that will have you geeking over your M-46's. I have much more respect for this year now, and it's become my favorite which sucks because I'll likely never find an actual vintage pair to worship; I had no idea it was so highly revered among vintage collectors in Japan though it makes sense now why we did the Devis contest ("green stamp" 1946), and why this is Conners representative model (thank you Miura-san). To translate some of it, essentially it has the same heavy WWII denim, uses leftover war materials (unbranded rivets mixed with stamped, rounded hidden rivets instead of flat, frayed inside button fly) but is starting to show the standards of what we now know as the essential 5 pocket jean. As a fellow denim nerd, I'm sure you'll appreciate these nuances that make 1946 very unique in function and practicality, and it's so amazing to see how faithfully Konaka-san reproduces it: http://berberjin.blog104.fc2.com/blog-entry-7679.html

@ed, should be! Cut change happens at 1947 I think, not sure how that translates with Conners cuts though as I haven't studied the measurements. More antifit/tight waist and wider thighs with 47

Legit need two pairs...Gonna get the 46's to collect, and will order maybe a WWII "San Francisco" version (overlock stitch on coin pocket is very cool; check insta)

Edited by aho

^They're actually just stitching variations on the WWII model for the upcoming Clutch Collection show! I'm banking on Konaka-san agreeing to do one specific type over another, of course it's his prerogative to agree to do it or not ;D

My guess is they're so named based on wherever the respective vintage pair he's reproducing was sourced from (via Miura-san)

Edited by aho

^They're actually just stitching variations on the WWII model for the upcoming Clutch Collection show! I'm banking on Konaka-san agreeing to do one specific type over another, of course it's his prerogative to agree to do it or not ;D

My guess is they're so named based on wherever the respective vintage pair he's reproducing was sourced from (via Miura-san)

Ah okay that makes sense! I got got of excited when I saw Santa Cruz, so was curious. The post said the article would be be in English so need to get my hands on it! Very curious to read about it!

@Flash, berberjin did a very nice comparison of a 1946 vs WWII model a while back that will have you geeking over your M-46's. I have much more respect for this year now, and it's become my favorite which sucks because I'll likely never find an actual vintage pair to worship; I had no idea it was so highly revered among vintage collectors in Japan though it makes sense now why we did the Devis contest ("green stamp" 1946), and why this is Conners representative model (thank you Miura-san). To translate some of it, essentially it has the same heavy WWII denim, uses leftover war materials (unbranded rivets mixed with stamped, rounded hidden rivets instead of flat, frayed inside button fly) but is starting to show the standards of what we now know as the essential 5 pocket jean. As a fellow denim nerd, I'm sure you'll appreciate these nuances that make 1946 very unique in function and practicality, and it's so amazing to see how faithfully Konaka-san reproduces it: http://berberjin.blog104.fc2.com/blog-entry-7679.html

@ed, should be! Cut change happens at 1947 I think, not sure how that translates with Conners cuts though as I haven't studied the measurements. More antifit/tight waist and wider thighs with 47

Legit need two pairs...Gonna get the 46's to collect, and will order maybe a WWII "San Francisco" version (overlock stitch on coin pocket is very cool; check insta)

Yeah , remember this from a while back . The Berberjin blog is one of my daily checks :)