Flash

Conners Sewing Factory

@scooby ^ superb looking jacket

Yeah good point on the crease layering... @oomslokop made a point (some time back) iirc about the combs travelling as washes progressively shrink jeans by increments causing less defined creases that move and blend over time 

How's the fit on your Connors?  Mine is a snug, shirt-like fit with room for a tee-shirt under or, at most, a short.  Given the similarity of our wear, I wondered if yours is similar.  

@MJF9 I can can do a sweat or a flannel underneath it just fine, even cinched to the max as I wear it

I think it fits me as good as a jacket could. That’s why I’ve worn it every single day for the past few months 

Edited by scooby

Found this CSF chore coat at my local vintage shop. It is unworn, roughly a size 42. Thought I would post here if anyone was interested so I could snag it for them!

They are asking $750 USD, though I would assume the price is very negotiable. I have no idea what CSF is/was selling these for. Lovely buttons... ^_^

CSF Chore coat.jpg

I have a pair of CSF One Piece of Rock S409XXX San Francisco M-WW2 (Miura fabric) that are a bit small for me in the seat. They have only been washed a few times and are in great condition.

I’m looking to trade this size 30 for a size 32, if anyone has another pair of One Piece of Rock jeans they would like to trade, LMK!

I think everything that made it to general release (if CSF can ever be described as such) we're all cowhide, the only deerskin patches were on the samples and the samples of the S406XXX & S409XXX wern't signed and used One Piece Of Rock buttons from their previous line up of 49's jeans.

Pretty cool that you actually cut the stitches Doc. 
I had a friend asking what the pleats are for. Never saw someone doing it

Charlie - cut a bit off the corner of the patch and send it to London Zoo for a DNA sample. 

46 minutes ago, smoothsailor said:

Pretty cool that you actually cut the stitches Doc. 
I had a friend asking what the pleats are for. Never saw someone doing it

Thanks Paul. I've seen one or two original jackets over the years where the whole pleat stitching was removed, but never one with obvious cut stitchwork.

For a couple of years the front has looked odd, first in the chest, now the beer-belly area. Thought about selling it and buying a bigger size, maybe a WH 1927 repro, but on all the 1927 repros lve seen, the pocket flap stitching is too contrived (for me) and plus l don't realistically have another 300 quid to throw at another short, one pocket, old fashioned work jacket.

'Make do and mend' has been my motto

(Yes yes, sometimes it's make do and spend :ph34r:)

Edited by Dr_Heech

^ I never figured that on the stiching on pleated jackets.. @Dr_Heech..  It always looked like it was something that part expands but I couldn't figure it further. DOH! :dry::rolleyes:

almost asked on here  but never did. Cheers for that

And the jackets coming on good 

^ I think the idea was that cowboys would let out the jackets in the colder months so they could wear a warmer layer underneath, but I don't know if they stitched them back up again afterward

@Flash those look incredible.  If u order a new pair now they should b in just in time for those to be ready for retirement.

2 hours ago, Cozzie said:

@Flash those look incredible.  If u order a new pair now they should b in just in time for those to be ready for retirement.

Already taken care of 

Screenshot_20200805-100635_Flickr

On 1/23/2022 at 11:09 AM, Flash said:

Definitely my favourite jeans of all time 

20220123_173101

20220123_173121

20220123_173156

20220123_173649

20220123_173718

Thankfully there is still plenty of life left in them ,

I know most of their output is WWII but I can't tell which specific model those are?

@CSL they are the s409xxx ww2 San Francisco 

Seems all that's been said about Conners is true. Bring id and agree to a no resale contract.  Lotteries and raffles?? Sheesh!

Screenshot_20220214-200751.jpg

Screenshot_20220214-200810.jpg

Edited by Dr_Heech

Blimey... to continue wearing my jacket, I'm just going to have to proceed on the premise he turned after I bought it... 

I wonder if it's all just super-hype.. these non re-sale contracts are not enforceable under UK law, galleries try and pull the same trick knowing they're not worth the paper they're printed on.. not sure about the JP law courts, i would like to see one.

It just sucks.. he makes such a great product, there is no need to be a wanker about it..

..I bet he's studied the James Dyson school of business ethics :D

Edited by Double 0 Soul

^Yep, he hoovered up Dyson’s teachings.

There are plenty of suckers out there helping him clean up!

If anyone can't cope with being disgusted by Mr. Konaka's actions and owns a pair of CSF jeans in size 36 I'm willing to come to the rescue and help get rid of them <_<

5 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

If it wasn't my "honeymoon"-jeans I probably would have sold my pair already :D 

To meeeee :D:D:D*

(*If they fit)

Edited by Dr_Heech