Conners Sewing Factory

Flash

Great review b_F. What did they end up costing you?

With shipping and all, 42,000 Yen. So they surely don't come cheap.

Just as an information, I updated my review a little bit. More about the denim and little bit about the details.

I also added post soak measurements.

With shipping and all, 42,000 Yen. So they surely don't come cheap.

:blink:   Certainly nice looking jeans and a top notch 40s repro, but that's a bit up there!  Do you feel they warrant being 2.5 times the price of a pair of SC 47s?  

i know im not BF but id like to throw my £2 in here ( im sure BF will as well )

the price is a bit high but imo the fact that they are 100% made on vintage machines and made using vintage techniques like hand folded seams makes them a little bit more than the repros we are used to and justifies a higher price , i also dont think Yoshiaki  is getting rich from this because of the low volume he can produce and the start up cost for all the machinery must have been really high 

Screenshot_20160725-184551_zpsojejk6xk.j

the worth of something really is subjective but the way i have justified the pairs i have bought is that they are the closest ill get to owning deadstock vintage without remortgaging my house or selling a kidney ( like a good friend has suggested ;) )

Am I missing something? 42k yen for what looks to be sanforized denim with some of the sloppiest stitching I've seen on high end jeans?

I'm a reasonable person willing to admit when i am wrong, so please, educate me! lol

edit: overlooked your post Flash - so i see this about the machines but how is the denim?

Edited by xchen

the denim is unsanforized but its maybe just not to your taste ? the 47 denim is quite uniform but the M-ww2 denim is really full of character , the stitching is the main appeal of them for me since they are sewn on vintage machines with all the seams being hand folded like it would have been done in the 40's ( this leads to some of the "sloppy stitching" ) . actually went back and forth with Yoshiaki about when the seams began to be ironed before sewing and he seems to think it was aroung 57/58 

the jeans aren't for everyone but if your into vintage i don't see how you couldn't respect what Yoshiaki is trying to achieve 

Luckily Flash gave already the perfect answers to why these jeans cost so much. Of course, if those explanations are enough to justify this price it’s up to you. The cost of the jeans is 38,000 Yen and the shipping is 4,100 Yen, probably owed to the nice and big box on which the jeans are delivered.

What Flash didn’t mention in his explanation but I did in my review: the jeans are entirely made by Yoshiaki himself. So just like Roy Slaper. This is something one can consider when comparing the Conner’s to Japanese brands with bigger output volume.

To answer your question Michael:

:blink:   Certainly nice looking jeans and a top notch 40s repro, but that's a bit up there!  Do you feel they warrant being 2.5 times the price of a pair of SC 47s?  

Probably not.

In the end they are just a pair of jeans, made to cover your body. Sugar Cane’s 1947 are definitely the better bang for the buck (but so are Levi’s 501 STF compared to the SC) and the 1947 is regarded as a very good repro. In terms of pattern and fit I’m not sure if the Conner’s are truer to the original than the SC 1947 but in terms of used machinery and production steps the Conner’s are more authentic (but then the Conner’s lack the 1940s assembly line work).