Flash

Conners Sewing Factory

my 1947's are on there way :) , Yoshiaki sent me some pics of him making them so i thought id share 

making the back pockets 

Screenshot_20160708-114406_zpskdjrkwqm.j

Screenshot_20160708-114246_zpsf9udekgh.j

Screenshot_20160708-114204_zpskmwbauvb.j

Screenshot_20160708-114342_zpss463s0zr.j

Screenshot_20160708-114315_zpskhh6chcy.j

Screenshot_20160708-144843_zpsvoetw6ws.j

try sending an email mate ( address is at the bottom of this link )

http://www.fortyniners.cc/#!conners-sewing-factory/cgyc

if that doesn't work try contacting him on instagram 

the 41's look great dont they :rolleyes:  ? think the official release will be in a few weeks but iirc there are a few pairs available now through dukebox vintage ,,,,,,but im sure they are probably all gone by now ?

Edited by Flash

thats right mate 30 on my m-ww2 and 31 on the m-47 , my ww2 pair fits great after a bit of stretch ( doesn't take a lot of effort because the denim stretches quite easy ) but if i had the chance to reorder them id probably go with a 31 and since the 47 is a little slimmer i decided to size up  

Just like Flash I also got an update about my order...they are also shipped!

Here are some pictures Yoshiaki sent me during the process

27893230290_a9f0f149b6_z.jpg

27558717113_0a523782d1_z.jpg

27893223900_1969c9134d_z.jpg

27558725913_ba040ea8d8_z.jpg

What pair are you getting b_f?

Looking forward to lots of photos and measurements for the 36!

Willing to bet you and I'd need a 38 or even 40 in this brand Broak. IIRC, Flash wears a 29 in warehouse, and is sizing up to a 31 in these. Will be interested in seeing some pix of the completed 41's. Would like a top notch late 30s 501 copy at some point.

Willing to bet you and I'd need a 38 or even 40 in this brand Broak. IIRC, Flash wears a 29 in warehouse, and is sizing up to a 31 in these. 

Right, the measurements for the 38 WWII jeans look really nice in the link posted earlier.

Just was looking for some other measurements closer to my size since flash is on the other end of the spectrum!

I also ordered the 47. And since they shrink from tag size I sized up to 36. I have no idea about the other dimensions but it should work out somehow :D

Damn I'd love to join the '47 club...Til, you will laugh, I actually bought another pair of Aldens yesterday....LOL  :P

Wait how do you guys wear your 47 cut?

buddy i mean how do you wear it? im  having a hard time donning the 47 im used to the 55 and the ww2. got a pic of you guys wearing a 47??

Haven't got them yet mate but I'll post pics when I do and I'm sure BF will do the same ;)

If you're wearing 47s in an authentic way, then they should be inside out and back to front!

no no  i mean what do you wear it with? footwear? shirt? come on wise ass'!

I'll wear the same stuff like always. Tees, shirts, sneakers, boots...just what i want to wear the day.

I don't let the jeans decide what to wear :)

no but not all jeans fits well with what i wear usually just found out that the xx type from boncura is a 47 cut!

In all seriousness, and I don't know how others feel about this, my SC1947 looks best with engineers or bulkier sneakers like Converse 70s, or my new Warehouse ones. T-shirts on the smaller size, like the Whitesville I have, that are short in length, because of the higher rise, and shorter in the sleeves for that "Streetcar Named Desire" look. Denim or leather jackets on the shorter side, too. And, again just my opinion, but a souvenir-style belt, like one from Ace Western Belts or VEB, with the old vertical rectangular belt buckle, looks best.

It might seem costume-like, but I think people in the '40s and '50s hit on a pretty good formula for how to complement the silhouette of the '47 cut, and it's worth taking pointers from them.

I'd say this is a pretty good example, courtesy of VEB:

11356022_833357433424424_607483897_n.jpg

Edited by Iron Horse

Solid points and a solid style! But what I really like about the 47 is that it is such a versatile and flattering cut that you can wear in endless ways.