Conners Sewing Factory

Flash

59 minutes ago, alvin_cheong said:

@edmondthanks...At least can get some measurement.

@Flash will the hip stays tight or will it loosen after some wears? I'm 31 in fullcount 1101, wondering which will be good for a conners?

the denim will give in in the waist and can be stretched, but your fly front will look like its going to explode...

Edited by Foxy2

I don't own any CSF but they put so much effort and intentionality to making every little detail period accurate that, I believe, it would be a disservice to wear them tight and against the intended fit. So I completely agree with Ed. 

I'm not sure there is an intended fit. Of course CSF attempt to painstakingly recreate an approximation of a garment as closely as possible, however in the 1940s was there an intended fit for a pair of 501s or did people simply buy a pair and let their body do the work on the jeans? Remember, there wasn't much variation in jean cuts in those days so you had to make do whatever your body size. Some also suggest that the way people wore their jeans, e.g. bikers downsizing in the 1940s influenced Levi's to make changes to the cut of later iterations of the 501.

Denim is starting to pop Flash, looks nice!
Not sure I'll ever get around to a pair of CSF since they're so tight through the hips, but maybe one day.
I guess they do make up to a size 40, crazy to think I might wear a pair of jeans that big. :D

Edited by Broark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2017 at 9:30 PM, Flash said:

Just a few pics of my M-46 , cant really remember how long ive worn them ?? but its mostly just been the weekends 

20170121_131556_zpsq2u7yxhl.jpg

20170121_131611_zpsfnmbjeqx.jpg

20170121_131621_zpssdtzbch3.jpg

20170121_131735_zpsrnoslobz.jpg

20170121_131750_zps9yczdbn1.jpg

20170121_131812_zps3sidyj9b.jpg

You got me at the waistband fades bro 

@alvin_cheong  the ww2 denim stretches quite easily , the 47 denim ..... not so much 

Please dont try and size down on these , the cut is not designed to be sized down much , the hips taper in and can be uncomfortable if you havent sized right 

@Flash noted, I will not be sizing down. I am taking size 33/34 reference for the M409-46.

33: Raw is 83.5cm, O/W is 78.6cm

34: Raw is 86cm, O/W is 81cm

If the 46 can streych back to 83.5cm then size 33 looks good, if this is a 47 cut then I will look at size 34.

Haha, stress......

Edited by alvin_cheong

On 2/13/2017 at 11:26 AM, alvin_cheong said:

@Flash noted, I will not be sizing down. I am taking size 33/34 reference for the M409-46.

33: Raw is 83.5cm, O/W is 78.6cm

34: Raw is 86cm, O/W is 81cm

If the 46 can streych back to 83.5cm then size 33 looks good, if this is a 47 cut then I will look at size 34.

Haha, stress......

Don't go by the waist measurements alone - the waistband gives, the hips don't give enough...