Conners Sewing Factory

Flash

^^ interesting to see lots of new denim being worn... I wouldn't have expected see so much new stuff... is the denim trade still going strong in Japan?

Also the Japanese rugby player Shota Horie keeps popping up - he's with the Connors guy on the footage above and also with tatsunosuke here - famous rugged man for hire???

59 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

^^ interesting to see lots of new denim being worn... I wouldn't have expected see so much new stuff... is the denim trade still going strong in Japan?

Also the Japanese rugby player Shota Horie keeps popping up - he's with the Connors guy on the footage above and also with tatsunosuke here - famous rugged man for hire???

Ah, he's the guy with the dread locks. Interesting.

6 hours ago, pomata said:

is it still mandatory to wear masks outside in Japan?

Mask wearing was never mandatory in Japan at any point. Official guidance from the government is you do not need to wear a mask outdoors when you are approximately 2 meters apart from others, or when you are not talking at a distance of less than 2 meters. In practice 90% of people still wear a mask at all times in public except when eating or drinking. I am seeing a larger uptick in bare faces with all the tourists coming back but it is pretty rare to see Japanese with no masks. This is all in Tokyo, I hear Osaka is much more relaxed.  

Seling my CSF WW2 jacket so took some indoor photos but thought l'd put some of them in here too in case it does sell, you know, for posterity's sake. If it doesn't sell, it's not the end of the world. I'm happy with it, it fits me over a tee now the pleats have been busted, but my other type 1's get more wear, so seems a shame to let it languish, mostly unworn. 

20230129_091533.jpg

20230129_143055.jpg

20230129_091428.jpg

20230129_091855.jpg

20230129_092315.jpg

20230129_092449.jpg

20230129_093900.jpg

Now sold B)

Edited by Dr_Heech

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
47 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

One of 3 current wearers atm, my WW2 CSF s409xxx which have recently been hemmed, at Soas by Mr Black (remember him??) and he did a nice job too. I'm really happy to have them back in rotation again. Love the denim on these!

20230710_172631.jpg

20230710_172849.jpg

Very nice

What fabric are the pocket bags made of?

On 7/11/2023 at 1:51 AM, Dr_Heech said:

One of 3 current wearers atm, my WW2 CSF s409xxx which have recently been hemmed, at Soas by Mr Black (remember him??) and he did a nice job too. I'm really happy to have them back in rotation again. Love the denim on these!

mr black! tell him i said hi! 

• 1 month later...

@beautiful_FrEaK still a good fit though. I've lost a bit of weight so lm swimming in mine ATM, not that l have been wearing them lately. In fact l think l can honestly say that lve worn jeans less than 5 times since May as it's so warm. But l suppose at least autumn is in the pipeline so can't be long before I get the chance!

Edited by Dr_Heech

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought l'd get some shots of my newly hemmed M44's, thanks to @Mr Black at Soas. When l got them done some months ago, stupidly l forgot to keep the old cut off pieces for possible patching and left the shop without them. The new hems are pre wash but already showing some good roping. Will take some after wash pics and compare them to my freshly washed M41's at some point.

20231018_123242.jpg

20231018_123308.jpg

Edited by Dr_Heech

Remember someone asking about the pocket bags so thought l'd take a few pics of the inside whilst it's still light. They're made from lighter weight denim with M44 and #1479 stamped on them (barely visible now).

(Interestingly @beautiful_FrEaK, my M41's are #1482 so only a few pairs between them).

Hidden rivets are steel and rivets are plain copper. All the stitch is yellow apart from along the top of the coin pocket, which is a peach colour.

20231018_141737.jpg

20231018_141605.jpg

20231018_141629.jpg

20231018_141707.jpg

20231018_141933.jpg

Edit. For some reason, pics 2,3 & 4 are sideways here. Annoyingly not my doing.

Edited by Dr_Heech

Got these used from Japan. Surprising like the cut very much although it is more for me after cutting weight. The denim feel a little too light to my liking. Smooth to touch. Don’t know why. But feel dressy to me.  The length also a tad too short. So, strictly for boots. Maybe other shoes for a (aggressive) ivy look. 

IMG_2461.jpeg

IMG_2465.jpeg

IMG_2466.jpeg

This sounds like a very silly question but I am curious.  Are these imperfections, such as end thread too long and hanging and loose button hole, intended?  I bought this pair used so I am unsure if original condition when new.  But I wonder those imperfections are intended to replicate the original vintage?  I don’t mind them as they still intact. Just thinking whether I should learn to admire them :)

IMG_2559.jpeg

IMG_2560.jpeg

IMG_2561.jpeg

IMG_2564.jpeg

IMG_2563.jpeg

IMG_2562.jpeg

@obama I haven’t owned any CSF items before but I do own a couple of vintage 501’s and I can say that those imperfections are probably meant to replicate real vintage. As far as I can see this pair you have has a reference to late 60’s models (because of the double row stitching on the waistband at the button instead of a V stitch). The pairs that I have from that era all have imperfections like yours, some less some more. Personally I appreciate them, as long as the seam integrity is good ofcourse. Nice jeans!

Edited by mstax

52 minutes ago, obama said:

Thanks. Hope the stitching hold up well though. 

I’m sure it will be fine! It will probably be cotton stitching so not as durable as ringspun or poly threads but I have never had any major problems with cotton stitched repro’s from other brands. Even vintage pairs hold up pretty well. 

• 3 weeks later...